According to biotionary, Westmoreland, New Hampshire is a small town of about 2,000 residents located in Cheshire County. The town was first established in 1787 and is situated on the banks of the Connecticut River. It is bordered by the towns of Keene, Swanzey, and Chesterfield. The town is known for its picturesque landscape and rural charm.
The town has several parks and recreational areas for people to enjoy including Westmoreland Town Park which consists of a playground, ball fields, basketball court, picnic area and walking trails. There is also a large beach on the Connecticut River that’s popular for swimming, fishing and boating. Westmoreland also has two golf courses located in nearby towns as well as several ski resorts nearby that offer skiing during the winter months.
The town center is located around an old mill pond with a few stores and restaurants within walking distance from each other. There are also several churches in the area as well as a library and community center where events are held throughout the year.
According to bittranslators, Westmoreland has its own school system which consists of one elementary school, one middle school and one high school that serve students from kindergarten through 12th grade. The schools are highly rated with students receiving an education that prepares them to succeed at college or in their careers after graduation.
There are many opportunities for employment within Westmoreland including retail stores, restaurants, medical offices and other businesses located within the town or nearby cities such as Keene or Peterborough. There are also many farms located throughout the area which offer jobs in agriculture related fields like farming or ranching.
Westmoreland is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a peaceful getaway from city life but still close enough to enjoy all of what New Hampshire has to offer such as hiking trails, camping spots and outdoor activities during all seasons of the year.
Population: 1,747. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,894 (+8.4% change)
Males: 863 (49.4%), Females: 884 (50.6%)
Median resident age: 43.3 years
Median household income: $55,875
Median house value: $128,500
Races in Westmoreland:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.5%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- Korean (0.5%)
Ancestries: English (22.7%), Irish (12.9%), French (10.3%), German (9.1%), United States (8.4%), Italian (5.6%).
Elevation: 422 feet
For population 25 years and over in Westmoreland
- High school or higher: 90.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 33.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.8%
- Unemployed: 1.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Westmoreland town
- Never married: 18.8%
- Now married: 71.5%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 3.5%
- Divorced: 5.0%
2.2% Foreign born (0.9% Asia, 0.6% Europe, 0.5% Latin America, 0.3% North America).
Hospitals/medical centers near Westmoreland:
- CHESHIRE MEDICAL CENTER,THE (about 11 miles; KEENE, NH)
- BRATTLEBORO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; BRATTLEBORO, VT)
- BRATTLEBORO RETREAT (about 15 miles; BRATTLEBORO, VT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Westmoreland:
- RUTLAND STATE (about 52 miles; RUTLAND, VT; Abbreviation: RUT)
- WESTOVER ARB/METROPOLITAN (about 54 miles; SPRINGFIELD/CHICOPEE, MA; Abbreviation: CEF)
- BARNES MUNI (about 59 miles; WESTFIELD/SPRINGFIELD, MA; Abbreviation: BAF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Westmoreland:
- DILLANT-HOPKINS (about 14 miles; KEENE, NH; Abbreviation: EEN)
- NORTH WINDHAM (about 25 miles; LONDONDERRY, VT; Abbreviation: 3N3)
- HARTNESS STATE (SPRINGFIELD) (about 27 miles; SPRINGFIELD, VT; Abbreviation: VSF)
Amtrak stations near Westmoreland:
- 12 miles: BRATTLEBORO (VERNON RD.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, call for car rental service, call for taxi service.
- 12 miles: BELLOWS FALLS (DEPOT ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Westmoreland:
- KEENE STATE COLLEGE (about 14 miles; KEENE, NH; Full-time enrollment: 4,049)
- MOUNT WACHUSETT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 41 miles; GARDNER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,023)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-AMHERST (about 43 miles; AMHERST, MA; Full-time enrollment: 21,468)
- SMITH COLLEGE (about 47 miles; NORTHAMPTON, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,053)
- MOUNT HOLYOKE COLLEGE (about 51 miles; SOUTH HADLEY, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,029)
- FITCHBURG STATE COLLEGE (about 52 miles; FITCHBURG, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,660)
- HOLYOKE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 54 miles; HOLYOKE, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,747)
Public primary/middle school in Westmoreland:
- WESTMORELAND SCHOOL (Students: 138; Location: 40 GLEBE ROAD; Grades: KG – 08)
Private primary/middle school in Westmoreland:
- PIONEER JUNIOR ACADEMY (Students: 19; Location: 13 MT. GILBOA RD; Grades: 1 – 9)
Library in Westmoreland:
- WESTMORELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $44,411; Location: 33 SOUTH VILLAGE ROAD; 11,394 books; 274 audio materials; 137 video materials; 9 serial subscriptions)