According to Whicheverhealth, Warren, Texas is a small town located in the heart of East Texas. It is situated in Tyler County, approximately fifty miles from Beaumont. It is a rural community with a population of about 1,000 people.
The town was established in 1876 and named after Samuel Warren, an early settler who arrived with his family in 1836. Warren was one of the first settlers to bring cattle and horses to the area and it quickly became known as “The Cattle Capital of East Texas”.
Today Warren still retains its rural charm while offering visitors modern amenities such as restaurants, stores, and recreational activities. The town is home to several unique attractions including The Old Firehouse Museum which offers visitors a glimpse into the past with artifacts from days gone by. The museum also houses a collection of photographs depicting life in Warren during the 19th century.
The economy of Warren is mainly based on agriculture with cotton farming being the primary crop grown here. Other crops include wheat, corn, hay and soybeans. There are also some small businesses located in town including an auto parts store, barbershop and several restaurants that serve up delicious local cuisine such as fried catfish, burgers and chicken-fried steak.
According to Ezinesports, Warren has a number of churches representing different denominations including Baptist, Methodist and Pentecostal faiths as well as non-denominational Christian churches for those looking for an alternative place to worship.
Warren also offers its residents plenty of recreational activities such as fishing at nearby Lake Tyler or visiting nearby parks like Stephen F Austin State Park which provides hiking trails along with nature-based educational programs for children and adults alike. There are also plenty of opportunities for hunting deer or other game animals if that’s your thing!
In addition to all these great activities available in Warren there are many events held throughout the year that bring people together such as the Annual Cotton Festival which features live music performances by local bands along with arts & crafts vendors selling their handmade wares at discounted prices! This event brings folks from all over East Texas together to celebrate this town’s beloved pastime – cotton farming!
Overall Warren is a great place to visit or live if you are looking for small-town charm combined with modern amenities while still staying close to nature! With its friendly people and beautiful scenery it’s easy to see why so many folks call this place home.
Population: 343. Estimated population in July 2020: 350 (+2.0% change)
Males: 159 (46.4%), Females: 184 (53.6%)
Zip code: 75647
Median resident age: 35.3 years
Median household income: $34,028
Median house value: $60,400
Races in Warren City:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.3%)
- Black (7.9%)
- Hispanic (3.2%)
- Two or more races (2.6%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: United States (33.2%), English (6.1%), Irish (6.1%), German (5.8%), Arab (2.3%), Italian (1.5%).
Land area: 1.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Warren City
- High school or higher: 72.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 5.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.1%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Warren City city
- Never married: 14.6%
- Now married: 72.4%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 4.9%
- Divorced: 6.7%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +109 (+46.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Warren City:
- LONGVIEW REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 11 miles; LONGVIEW, TX)
- ROY H LAIRD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; KILGORE, TX)
- GOOD SHEPHERD MEDICAL CENTER (about 13 miles; LONGVIEW, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Warren City:
- EAST TEXAS RGNL (about 19 miles; LONGVIEW, TX; Abbreviation: GGG)
- TYLER POUNDS RGNL (about 38 miles; TYLER, TX; Abbreviation: TYR)
- SHREVEPORT REGIONAL (about 76 miles; SHREVEPORT, LA; Abbreviation: SHV)
Other public-use airports nearest to Warren City:
- GLADEWATER MUNI (about 6 miles; GLADEWATER, TX; Abbreviation: 07F)
- FOX STEPHENS FIELD – GILMER MUNI (about 10 miles; GILMER, TX; Abbreviation: 4F4)
- RUSK COUNTY (about 30 miles; HENDERSON, TX; Abbreviation: F12)
Amtrak station near Warren City:
- 13 miles: LONGVIEW (905 PACIFIC AVE.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Warren City:
- KILGORE COLLEGE (about 12 miles; KILGORE, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,814)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT TYLER (about 32 miles; TYLER, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,433)
- TYLER JUNIOR COLLEGE (about 36 miles; TYLER, TX; Full-time enrollment: 5,872)
- STEPHEN F AUSTIN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 63 miles; NACOGDOCHES, TX; Full-time enrollment: 10,217)
- TRINITY VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 71 miles; ATHENS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,858)
- BOSSIER PARISH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 83 miles; BOSSIER CITY, LA; Full-time enrollment: 2,743)
- ANGELINA COLLEGE (about 84 miles; LUFKIN, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,773)