According to bittranslators, Wadsworth, Nevada is a small town located in the northwestern part of the state, about an hour drive north of Reno. The town was founded in 1869 and was originally a trading post for miners and ranchers. It was named after early settler W.C. Wadsworth, who owned a ranch on the edge of town.
The town has a population of just over 300 people, making it one of the smallest towns in Nevada. Despite its small size, Wadsworth offers many amenities and attractions for visitors and residents alike.
The main attraction in Wadsworth is the historic district which includes buildings from the late 1800s and early 1900s such as the old post office, general store, schoolhouse, and railroad station. These buildings have been restored to their original condition and are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The district also includes a museum dedicated to local history as well as a number of art galleries featuring works from local artists.
According to deluxesurveillance, the downtown area is home to several restaurants ranging from casual eateries to upscale dining options featuring locally sourced ingredients from nearby farms and ranches. There are also several charming shops offering unique gifts and souvenirs that can’t be found anywhere else in Nevada.
In addition to its historic downtown area, Wadsworth offers plenty of outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy such as camping, fishing, hunting, hiking trails with stunning views of nearby mountains and valleys, horseback riding trails through sagebrush-covered hillsides or exploring nearby ghost towns like Unionville or Ione Valley where you can still find some abandoned mining equipment left over from days gone by.
Wadsworth is also home to two annual events – the Wadsworth Rodeo Days held every June which includes rodeos with bull riding competitions as well as other western-themed activities such as cowboy poetry readings; plus an annual harvest festival held every October that celebrates local culture with live music performances from bluegrass bands as well as food vendors selling everything from homemade jams to fresh-baked pies made with seasonal fruits picked straight from nearby farms!
Overall, Wadsworth is an ideal destination for those looking for a quiet getaway surrounded by natural beauty or wanting to explore Nevada’s rich history while enjoying some good ol’ western hospitality.
Males: 426 (48.4%), Females: 455 (51.6%)
Zip code: 89442
Median resident age: 31.4 years
Median household income: $31,198
Median house value: $92,500
Races in Wadsworth:
- American Indian (66.6%)
- White Non-Hispanic (25.2%)
- Hispanic (12.0%)
- Other race (3.7%)
- Two or more races (2.2%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (5.8%), English (5.3%), Irish (4.4%), French (3.1%), Dutch (1.5%), Scottish (1.5%).
Elevation: 4076 feet
Land area: 3.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Wadsworth
- High school or higher: 71.3%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 7.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.0%
- Unemployed: 7.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wadsworth CDP
- Never married: 28.2%
- Now married: 49.1%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 7.3%
- Divorced: 14.8%
4.8% Foreign born (3.3% Latin America, 1.0% Asia).
Hospitals/medical centers near Wadsworth:
- TAHOE PACIFIC HOSPITAL (about 30 miles; SPARKS, NV)
- DINI TOWNSEND HOSPITAL NNMH (about 34 miles; SPARKS, NV)
- NORTHERN NEVADA MEDICAL CENTER (about 34 miles; SPARKS, NV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Wadsworth:
- RENO/TAHOE INTERNATIONAL (about 36 miles; RENO, NV; Abbreviation: RNO)
- LAKE TAHOE (about 71 miles; SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA; Abbreviation: TVL)
- MAMMOTH YOSEMITE (about 143 miles; MAMMOTH LAKES, CA; Abbreviation: MMH)
Other public-use airports nearest to Wadsworth:
- TIGER FLD (about 7 miles; FERNLEY, NV; Abbreviation: N58)
- SILVER SPRINGS (about 17 miles; SILVER SPRINGS, NV; Abbreviation: B08)
- SPANISH SPRINGS (about 30 miles; RENO, NV; Abbreviation: N86)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wadsworth:
- TRUCKEE MEADOWS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 37 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 4,615)
- WESTERN NEVADA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 48 miles; Carson City, NV; Full-time enrollment: 2,167)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA-RENO (about 66 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 10,375)
- SIERRA COLLEGE (about 148 miles; ROCKLIN, CA; Full-time enrollment: 9,313)
- AMERICAN RIVER COLLEGE (about 158 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 13,984)
- YUBA COLLEGE (about 160 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,593)
- BUTTE COLLEGE (about 160 miles; Oroville, CA; Full-time enrollment: 7,061)
Public primary/middle school in Wadsworth:
- NATCHEZ ELEM (Students: 175; Location: #1 HWY 447; Grades: PK – 06)