According to bestitude, Trimont, Minnesota is a small city located in Martin County, in the south-central part of the state. It has a population of just over 500 people and is known for its peaceful atmosphere and rural charm. The city sits on the banks of the Des Moines River and is surrounded by rolling hills and lush farmland.
The town was first settled in 1877 by Swedish immigrants who named it after their hometown of Trimont, Sweden. Since then, it has remained largely unchanged with many of its original buildings still standing today. The downtown area is lined with charming brick buildings that are home to several local businesses such as cafes, antique stores, gift shops and more. The streets are lined with mature trees that provide shade during the hot summer months.
The main attraction in Trimont is its annual festival which takes place every year in August. It features live music, carnival rides, food vendors and more. There are also art galleries nearby where you can view local artwork from artists of all kinds.
Trimont is also home to a few parks that offer residents plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy throughout the year. These parks include a swimming pool, playgrounds, picnic areas and nature trails for hiking or biking through the surrounding countryside. There are also several lakes nearby where visitors can go fishing or boating during the warmer months of the year.
According to biotionary, Trimont has an excellent school system that provides students with quality education from kindergarten through high school graduation. There are also several churches in town so residents have plenty of options when it comes to religious services and activities throughout the year as well as community events like Fourth of July parades or Christmas caroling sessions around town square each holiday season.
Overall, Trimont offers its residents an idyllic small-town atmosphere with plenty of things to do throughout the year no matter what kind of lifestyle they’re looking for—from quiet relaxation to active outdoor recreation—all within easy reach from this quaint Minnesota city nestled among rolling hills along a peaceful river.
Population: 754. Estimated population in July 2020: 712 (-5.6% change)
Males: 343 (45.5%), Females: 411 (54.5%)
Zip code: 56176
Median resident age: 46.2 years
Median household income: $28,125
Median house value: $36,400
Races in Trimont:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.7%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Black (0.5%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (51.1%), Swedish (19.0%), Norwegian (17.4%), Irish (11.0%), Danish (5.2%), English (5.2%).
Elevation: 1220 feet
Land area: 0.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Trimont
- High school or higher: 75.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 15.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 4.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Trimont city
- Never married: 12.7%
- Now married: 62.6%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 16.7%
- Divorced: 6.9%
0.8% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -37 (-4.7%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Trimont:
- ST JAMES HEALTH SERVICES (about 17 miles; ST JAMES, MN)
- FAIRMONT COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; FAIRMONT, MN)
- JACKSON MEDICAL CENTER (about 23 miles; JACKSON, MN)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Trimont:
- FORT DODGE REGIONAL (about 91 miles; FORT DODGE, IA; Abbreviation: FOD)
- MASON CITY MUNI (about 106 miles; MASON CITY, IA; Abbreviation: MCW)
- MINNEAPOLIS-ST PAUL INTL/WOLD-CHAMBERLAIN/ (about 129 miles; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Abbreviation: MSP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Trimont:
- ST JAMES MUNI (about 19 miles; ST JAMES, MN; Abbreviation: JYG)
- JACKSON MUNI (about 21 miles; JACKSON, MN; Abbreviation: MJQ)
- FAIRMONT MUNI (about 24 miles; FAIRMONT, MN; Abbreviation: FRM)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Trimont:
- SOUTH CENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE-MANKATO (about 55 miles; NORTH MANKATO, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,186)
- MINNESOTA STATE UNVERSITY-MANKATO (about 57 miles; MANKATO, MN; Full-time enrollment: 11,210)
- GUSTAVUS ADOLPHUS COLLEGE (about 64 miles; ST PETER, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,355)
- BUENA VISTA UNIVERSITY (about 84 miles; STORM LAKE, IA; Full-time enrollment: 2,524)
- SOUTHWEST STATE UNIVERSITY (about 88 miles; MARSHALL, MN; Full-time enrollment: 3,405)
- IOWA CENTRAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 95 miles; FT DODGE, IA; Full-time enrollment: 2,807)
- RIDGEWATER COLLEGE (about 97 miles; WILLMAR, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,711)
Public primary/middle schools in Trimont:
- MARTIN CTY. W. JR. (Students: 155; Location: 77 W. BEECH ST.; Grades: 07 – 08)
- TRIMONT EL. (Students: 106; Location: 77 W. BEECH ST.; Grades: KG – 06)