According to foodezine, Superior, Wyoming is a small town located in the southeastern part of the state. It is situated between two mountain ranges and is surrounded by picturesque views of the great outdoors. The town itself has a population of just over 500 people, with many more living in the surrounding areas.
The town was founded in 1883 by the Union Pacific Railroad and was named after its superior location. At that time, it was a hub for freight and passenger service, but today it serves primarily as an agricultural center for nearby ranchers and farmers. It is also home to several businesses, including a general store and two gas stations.
The town boasts beautiful scenery with rolling hills, tall grasses, and expansive views of the surrounding landscape. The local landscape includes sagebrush-covered hillsides, rock formations, rivers, creeks, and ponds that are ideal for fishing or simply enjoying nature’s beauty. There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy such as camping, hiking trails, horseback riding trails, hunting grounds, ATV trails and more!
The area around Superior also offers plenty of other attractions such as museums showcasing local history or art galleries featuring local artwork. The nearby towns of Lusk and Newcastle provide additional entertainment options including restaurants, movie theaters or shopping centers.
Residents of Superior enjoy small-town living at its best with friendly neighbors who know each other’s names and look out for each other’s well-being. The community is family-oriented with many activities aimed at children such as 4-H programs or rodeos held throughout the year.
According to fun-wiki, Superior has something for everyone from outdoor enthusiasts looking to explore nature to those seeking a peaceful place to relax away from busy city life. With its picturesque surroundings and close proximity to larger cities such as Casper or Cheyenne only an hour away it makes a great destination for those wanting to get away from it all without feeling too far removed from civilization.
Population: 244. Estimated population in July 2020: 239 (-2.0% change)
Males: 128 (52.5%), Females: 116 (47.5%)
Zip code: 82945
Median resident age: 39.0 years
Median household income: $46,250
Median house value: $32,500
Races in Superior:
- White Non-Hispanic (80.7%)
- Hispanic (15.2%)
- Other race (9.0%)
- Two or more races (5.3%)
- American Indian (4.1%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (34.8%), Irish (20.5%), English (11.5%), Swedish (11.1%), Norwegian (5.7%), United States (2.5%).
Land area: 1.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Superior
- High school or higher: 85.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 7.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.2%
- Unemployed: 10.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 38.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Superior town
- Never married: 21.1%
- Now married: 55.6%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 3.9%
- Divorced: 18.3%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -29 (-10.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Superior:
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL SWEETWATER COUNTY (about 18 miles; ROCK SPRINGS, WY)
- LANDER VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER (about 71 miles; LANDER, WY)
- ASHLEY VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER (about 95 miles; VERNAL, UT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Superior:
- ROCK SPRINGS-SWEETWATER COUNTY (about 14 miles; ROCK SPRINGS, WY; Abbreviation: RKS)
- RIVERTON REGIONAL (about 96 miles; RIVERTON, WY; Abbreviation: RIW)
- YAMPA VALLEY (about 151 miles; HAYDEN, CO; Abbreviation: HDN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Superior:
- GTR GREEN RIVER INTERGALACTIC SPACEPORT (about 42 miles; GREEN RIVER, WY; Abbreviation: 48U)
- DUTCH JOHN (about 65 miles; DUTCH JOHN, UT; Abbreviation: 33U)
- MANILA (about 73 miles; MANILA, UT; Abbreviation: 40U)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Superior:
- MESA STATE COLLEGE (about 188 miles; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Full-time enrollment: 4,415)
- COLORADO MOUNTAIN COLLEGE (about 192 miles; GLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO; Full-time enrollment: 3,400)
- CASPER COLLEGE (about 201 miles; CASPER, WY; Full-time enrollment: 2,564)
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY (about 203 miles; LOGAN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 16,384)
- WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY (about 210 miles; OGDEN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 12,112)
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH (about 210 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 19,866)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY (about 215 miles; PROVO, UT; Full-time enrollment: 29,977)