According to Health-beauty-guides, Staples, Minnesota is a charming small town located in the heart of the lakes country region of Minnesota. It is situated along the beautiful Crow Wing River and has a population of 2,500 people. The town was established in 1883 as a trading post and was named after early settler J.A. Staples who had a store and post office at his home.
Staples offers many attractions for both visitors and residents alike. One of the most popular attractions is the annual Staples Summer Festival which takes place each June and features a parade, music, food, carnival rides, fireworks and more!
The town also has several parks that offer a variety of recreational activities such as fishing, swimming, boating, camping and hiking. There are also two golf courses in town for those who love to hit the links. For those looking for some retail therapy there are several specialty shops located in downtown Staples that offer unique items from jewelry to antiques to clothing and much more!
According to watchtutorials, Staples is also home to many wonderful restaurants that serve up delicious meals all year round. From Mexican cuisine to pizza you can find something to satisfy your taste buds here! There are also several bars around town that provide great entertainment with live music on weekends or just a place to relax with friends over drinks.
Another great thing about living in Staples is its close proximity to many lakes and rivers where you can enjoy outdoor activities such as fishing or canoeing during the warmer months or snowmobiling during the winter months! The nearby Paul Bunyan State Forest provides plenty of opportunities for nature lovers looking for some peace and quiet away from it all!
Staples is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a small town atmosphere with big-city amenities close by. From its friendly people to its great outdoor activities there’s something for everyone here! Come visit today – you won’t be disappointed.
Population: 3,104. Estimated population in July 2020: 3,121 (+0.5% change)
Males: 1,491 (48.0%), Females: 1,613 (52.0%)
Zip code: 56479
Median resident age: 35.6 years
Median household income: $25,208
Median house value: $51,100
Races in Staples:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.3%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (30.3%), Norwegian (11.3%), Irish (9.6%), Swedish (8.3%), English (6.0%), Polish (5.3%).
Elevation: 1270 feet
Land area: 4.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Staples
- High school or higher: 76.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 10.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.9%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Staples city
- Never married: 22.8%
- Now married: 52.6%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 12.5%
- Divorced: 11.8%
1.4% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +94 (+3.1%).
Hospital/medical center in Staples:
- LAKEWOOD HEALTH SYSTEM (401 PRAIRIE AVENUE NORTHEAST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Staples:
- TRI COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; WADENA, MN)
- LONG PRAIRIE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL C & NC (about 27 miles; LONG PRAIRIE, MN)
- ST GABRIELS HOSPITAL (about 39 miles; LITTLE FALLS, MN)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Staples:
- BRAINERD LAKES RGNL (about 46 miles; BRAINERD, MN; Abbreviation: BRD)
- ST CLOUD REGIONAL (about 77 miles; ST CLOUD, MN; Abbreviation: STC)
- BEMIDJI-BELTRAMI COUNTY (about 80 miles; BEMIDJI, MN; Abbreviation: BJI)
Other public-use airports nearest to Staples:
- STAPLES MUNI (about 1 miles; STAPLES, MN; Abbreviation: SAZ)
- MOREY’S (about 12 miles; MOTLEY, MN; Abbreviation: 22Y)
- CLARISSA MUNI (about 20 miles; CLARISSA, MN; Abbreviation: 8Y5)
STAPLES (1ST AVE. N & 4TH ST. NE). Services: enclosed waiting area, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges and Universities
College/University in Staples:
- CENTRAL LAKES COLLEGE-STAPLES CAMPUS (Location: 1830 Airport Road; Public; Website: WWW.CLC.MNSCU.EDU)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Staples:
- CENTRAL LAKES COLLEGE-BRAINERD (about 44 miles; BRAINERD, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,364)
- SAINT CLOUD TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 69 miles; ST CLOUD, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,183)
- SAINT CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY (about 71 miles; ST CLOUD, MN; Full-time enrollment: 12,913)
- NORTHWEST TECHNICAL COLLEGE-BEMIDJI (about 80 miles; BEMIDJI, MN; Full-time enrollment: 3,761)
- BEMIDJI STATE UNIVERSITY (about 80 miles; BEMIDJI, MN; Full-time enrollment: 3,562)
- RIDGEWATER COLLEGE (about 87 miles; WILLMAR, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,711)
- MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY-MOORHEAD (about 124 miles; MOORHEAD, MN; Full-time enrollment: 6,400)
Public high schools in Staples:
- STAPLES-MOTLEY SR. (Students: 507; Location: 401 CENTENNIAL LN.; Grades: 09 – 12)
- FRESHWATER ED. DIST. ALC (Students: 122; Location: 1100 5TH ST. N.E., STE. 2; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Staples:
- STAPLES EL. (Students: 480; Location: 4TH ST. N.; Grades: PK – 05)
- WHITE PINE ACADEMY (Students: 5; Location: 102 6TH ST. N.E.; Grades: 09 – 11)
- FRESHWATER TARGETED SERVICES (Location: 100 5TH ST. N.E.; Grades: 00 – 00)
Private primary/middle school in Staples:
- SACRED HEART ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 129; Location: 324 FOURTH STREET NE; Grades: PK – 6)