According to Health-beauty-guides, Smith, Nevada is a small unincorporated community located in the northern part of Washoe County, Nevada. It is located about 30 miles north of Reno, and is home to approximately 500 people. Smith was founded in 1868, when rancher John Smith settled in the area. It was named after him and has remained an agricultural community ever since.
The town of Smith has a rich history that dates back to the early days of the Wild West. The town was home to many ranchers, miners and farmers who worked hard to make a living off the land. The town also served as a stopping point on the California Trail during the 19th century gold rush. In addition to being an important stop on this trail, it also served as a supply hub for nearby mining camps and ranches throughout Nevada’s interior mountains.
The town itself consists of several small businesses, a post office and several churches that serve its citizens’ needs. There are two schools in Smith; one elementary school and one high school which serves students from both Washoe County and Storey County.
In terms of recreation activities, Smith offers plenty for its residents as well as visitors from out-of-town. The area boasts several parks that offer hiking trails, fishing spots and picnic areas for families to enjoy together. There are also several campgrounds located near Smith which provide access to some of Nevada’s most beautiful scenery including desert canyons and mountain peaks with views of the surrounding valleys below them.
According to watchtutorials, Smith is also home to some unique attractions such as its annual festival known as “Smith Days” which takes place every summer in June or July at Pioneer Park on Main Street where locals celebrate their heritage with music, food vendors and fun activities like pumpkin carving contests or pie eating competitions that bring out all ages from both near and far away towns alike!
Overall, Smith is an idyllic rural community with plenty to offer its citizens in terms of economic opportunities as well as recreational activities for people who want to get away from it all for a little while but still remain close enough to civilization when needed! With its rich history steeped in western culture coupled with modern amenities like schools or businesses – this small unincorporated town truly offers something special for everyone who visits it.
Males: 725 (50.9%), Females: 700 (49.1%)
Zip code: 89444
Median resident age: 43.4 years
Median household income: $46,121
Median house value: $186,300
Races in Smith Valley:
- White Non-Hispanic (77.7%)
- Hispanic (19.4%)
- Other race (8.9%)
- American Indian (2.0%)
- Two or more races (2.0%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (18.7%), English (12.9%), Italian (11.3%), Irish (9.1%), United States (7.6%), Swedish (3.9%).
Land area: 120.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Smith Valley
- High school or higher: 70.4%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 16.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 2.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Smith Valley CDP
- Never married: 16.7%
- Now married: 66.6%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 3.9%
- Divorced: 11.4%
23.1% Foreign born (21.8% Latin America).
Hospitals/medical centers near Smith Valley:
- SOUTH LYON MEDICAL CENTER (about 19 miles; YERINGTON, NV)
- CARSON-TAHOE HOSPITAL (about 36 miles; CARSON CITY, NV)
- CARSON REHABILITATION CENTER (about 36 miles; CARSON CITY, NV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Smith Valley:
- LAKE TAHOE (about 44 miles; SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA; Abbreviation: TVL)
- RENO/TAHOE INTERNATIONAL (about 54 miles; RENO, NV; Abbreviation: RNO)
- MAMMOTH YOSEMITE (about 91 miles; MAMMOTH LAKES, CA; Abbreviation: MMH)
Other public-use airports nearest to Smith Valley:
- ROSASCHI AIR PARK (about 2 miles; SMITH, NV; Abbreviation: N59)
- YERINGTON MUNI (about 19 miles; YERINGTON, NV; Abbreviation: O43)
- ALPINE COUNTY (about 30 miles; MARKLEEVILLE, CA; Abbreviation: Q82)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Smith Valley:
- WESTERN NEVADA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 39 miles; Carson City, NV; Full-time enrollment: 2,167)
- TRUCKEE MEADOWS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 59 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 4,615)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA-RENO (about 120 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 10,375)
- MERCED COLLEGE (about 129 miles; MERCED, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,482)
- SIERRA COLLEGE (about 131 miles; ROCKLIN, CA; Full-time enrollment: 9,313)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-STANISLAUS (about 137 miles; TURLOCK, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,443)
- AMERICAN RIVER COLLEGE (about 138 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 13,984)