According to Fashionissupreme, Sinclair, Wyoming is a small town located in Carbon County, Wyoming. It is situated between the cities of Rawlins and Saratoga, and it has a population of just over 500 people. The town was named after Henry Sinclair, an early settler who established a trading post in the area in 1868.
The town of Sinclair is surrounded by vast open spaces and rolling hills that are typical of the Wyoming landscape. The nearby Medicine Bow National Forest provides plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation such as camping, fishing, hiking, and horseback riding. In addition to its natural beauty, Sinclair offers a variety of cultural attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy.
The Sinclair Museum is one of the most popular attractions in the area. It houses historic artifacts from the early settlers who lived in this region as well as Native American artifacts from tribes such as the Arapaho and Shoshone. The museum also includes exhibits on local history, geology, wildlife, and much more. Visitors can also take part in guided tours around the museum to learn more about Sinclair’s past.
According to Health-beauty-guides, the town also features several other attractions such as an old-fashioned soda fountain at The Sweet Shop which serves delicious ice cream sundaes and milkshakes as well as vintage candy treats; an antique store with furniture pieces from all over Wyoming; an art gallery showcasing local artists; and a rodeo arena where visitors can watch cowboys compete during summer months.
Sinclair offers plenty of places to stay including hotels and motels along with several RV parks for those who want to stay longer periods of time or just camp out under the stars. There are also several restaurants ranging from traditional American fare to Mexican cuisine that offer delicious meals for all tastes and budgets .
Sinclair is a great place for those looking for a peaceful getaway or an adventure filled vacation with lots to do outdoors or indoors! With its friendly people, beautiful scenery ,and rich history it makes for an ideal destination whether you’re looking for relaxation or excitement.
Population: 423. Estimated population in July 2020: 406 (-4.0% change)
Males: 209 (49.4%), Females: 214 (50.6%)
Median resident age: 41.4 years
Median household income: $48,214
Median house value: $68,800
Races in Sinclair:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.6%)
- Hispanic (2.6%)
- American Indian (1.7%)
- Other race (0.9%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (29.6%), Irish (19.6%), English (15.4%), United States (8.3%), Dutch (5.4%), Swedish (5.4%).
Elevation: 6593 feet
Land area: 2.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Sinclair
- High school or higher: 86.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 13.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.5%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 13.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sinclair town
- Never married: 17.7%
- Now married: 60.1%
- Separated: 0.3%
- Widowed: 7.2%
- Divorced: 14.7%
1.7% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -38 (-8.2%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Sinclair:
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL OF CARBON COUNTY (about 18 miles; RAWLINS, WY)
- YAMPA VALLEY MEDICAL CTR (about 90 miles; STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO)
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, THE – CAH (about 91 miles; CRAIG, CO)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Sinclair:
- NATRONA COUNTY INTL (about 90 miles; CASPER, WY; Abbreviation: CPR)
- YAMPA VALLEY (about 91 miles; HAYDEN, CO; Abbreviation: HDN)
- LARAMIE REGIONAL (about 106 miles; LARAMIE, WY; Abbreviation: LAR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Sinclair:
- RAWLINS MUNI (about 5 miles; RAWLINS, WY; Abbreviation: RWL)
- SHIVELY FIELD (about 32 miles; SARATOGA, WY; Abbreviation: SAA)
- DIXON (about 58 miles; DIXON, WY; Abbreviation: 9U4)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sinclair:
- UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING (about 92 miles; LARAMIE, WY; Full-time enrollment: 9,665)
- CASPER COLLEGE (about 96 miles; CASPER, WY; Full-time enrollment: 2,564)
- COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY (about 147 miles; Fort Collins, CO; Full-time enrollment: 22,684)
- COLORADO MOUNTAIN COLLEGE (about 157 miles; GLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO; Full-time enrollment: 3,400)
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT BOULDER (about 168 miles; BOULDER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 25,355)
- AIMS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 190 miles; GREELEY, CO; Full-time enrollment: 3,722)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO (about 193 miles; GREELEY, CO; Full-time enrollment: 10,983)
Public primary/middle school in Sinclair:
- SINCLAIR ELEMENTARY (Students: 35; Location: NINTH & CLEVELAND; Grades: KG – 05)