According to fun-wiki, Silver Springs is a small town located in the Lyon County of Nevada, in the United States. The town lies along the Carson River and is surrounded by the majestic Sierra Nevada mountain range. Silver Springs has a population of around 6,000 people, which makes it one of the smaller towns in Nevada.
The town was first established in 1858 when a group of prospectors discovered silver ore deposits near the Carson River. The discovery sparked a gold rush and soon miners were flocking to the area to try their luck at striking it rich. As more people moved into the area, businesses began to pop up and Silver Springs was born.
Today, Silver Springs is known for its small-town charm and friendly atmosphere. The downtown area is lined with quaint shops and restaurants that provide a unique shopping experience for visitors and locals alike. There are also several parks scattered throughout town that offer recreational opportunities such as hiking trails, picnic areas, playgrounds, and fishing spots.
According to growtheology, the town also offers plenty of outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy during their stay. There are several nearby lakes where you can go swimming or boating during warmer months; or take part in winter sports such as snowmobiling or skiing when temperatures drop. You can also explore some of Nevada’s natural attractions like Cave Lake State Park or Lehman Caves National Monument which are both located close by to Silver Springs.
Silver Springs is also home to several festivals throughout the year including an annual rodeo and music festival that draws large crowds from all over Nevada each summer. Additionally, there are several cultural events held throughout the year such as art exhibitions at local galleries or plays put on by local theater groups that provide entertainment for both adults and children alike.
Overall, Silver Springs is an excellent destination for those looking for a small-town atmosphere combined with plenty of outdoor activities and cultural events to keep them entertained while they’re here visiting or living permanently in this charming Nevada.
Males: 2,314 (49.2%), Females: 2,394 (50.8%)
Zip code: 89429
Median resident age: 40.3 years
Median household income: $34,427
Median house value: $103,400
Races in Silver Springs:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.8%)
- Hispanic (4.6%)
- American Indian (3.3%)
- Two or more races (3.2%)
- Other race (1.5%)
- Black (1.2%)
Ancestries: German (18.0%), English (15.4%), Irish (10.5%), Italian (5.8%), United States (5.5%), French (4.6%).
Elevation: 4209 feet
Land area: 72.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Silver Springs
- High school or higher: 78.4%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 6.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.8%
- Unemployed: 7.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 37.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Silver Springs CDP
- Never married: 17.1%
- Now married: 57.9%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 9.2%
- Divorced: 14.7%
2.7% Foreign born (0.9% Latin America, 0.8% Europe, 0.5% Oceania).
Hospitals/medical centers near Silver Springs:
- SOUTH LYON MEDICAL CENTER (about 31 miles; YERINGTON, NV)
- TAHOE PACIFIC HOSPITAL (about 36 miles; SPARKS, NV)
- CHURCHILL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 38 miles; FALLON, NV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Silver Springs:
- RENO/TAHOE INTERNATIONAL (about 39 miles; RENO, NV; Abbreviation: RNO)
- LAKE TAHOE (about 63 miles; SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA; Abbreviation: TVL)
- MAMMOTH YOSEMITE (about 124 miles; MAMMOTH LAKES, CA; Abbreviation: MMH)
Other public-use airports nearest to Silver Springs:
- SILVER SPRINGS (about 3 miles; SILVER SPRINGS, NV; Abbreviation: B08)
- TIGER FLD (about 13 miles; FERNLEY, NV; Abbreviation: N58)
- DAYTON VALLEY AIRPARK (about 25 miles; DAYTON/CARSON CITY, NV; Abbreviation: A34)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Silver Springs:
- TRUCKEE MEADOWS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 42 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 4,615)
- WESTERN NEVADA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 43 miles; Carson City, NV; Full-time enrollment: 2,167)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA-RENO (about 85 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 10,375)
- SIERRA COLLEGE (about 146 miles; ROCKLIN, CA; Full-time enrollment: 9,313)
- AMERICAN RIVER COLLEGE (about 155 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 13,984)
- YUBA COLLEGE (about 161 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,593)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SACRAMENTO (about 164 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 20,830)
Public high schools in Silver Springs:
- SILVER STAGE HIGH (Students: 361; Location: 3755 WEST SPRUCE STREET; Grades: 09 – 12)
- WESTERN NV YTH CTR (Students: 18; Location: 3550 GRAHAM AVENUE; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Silver Springs:
- SILVER STAGE MIDDLE (Students: 454; Location: 3800 SPRUCE AVE.; Grades: 05 – 08)
- SILVER SPRINGS ELEM (Students: 448; Location: 3900 SPRUCE AVE; Grades: PK – 04)
Private primary/middle school in Silver Springs:
- SILVER SPRINGS CHRISTIAN ACAD (Students: 1; Location: P O BOX 344; Grades: 7 – 7)