According to Whicheverhealth, Sherwood, Wisconsin is a small village located in Calumet County and is part of the Appleton-Oshkosh-Neenah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The area was originally settled in 1848 and was incorporated as a village in 1872. With a population of just over 3,000 people, Sherwood has a small town charm that many find appealing.
The village is situated on the north side of the Fox River and is home to several parks, trails, and recreational areas. The Sherwood Trail system provides nearly six miles of hiking and biking trails for those looking to take advantage of the outdoors. The village also offers two public beaches on the Fox River for swimming and fishing.
Sherwood has an active arts community with many galleries, music venues, and theaters offering entertainment year-round. Each summer, the Sherwood Arts Festival brings together local artists from around Wisconsin as well as from neighboring states to showcase their work in an outdoor festival setting.
The village also hosts several annual events such as the Fourth of July Celebration which features music, food vendors, carnival rides and fireworks; Sherwood Fest which features live music on multiple stages; an annual car show; and an old-fashioned Christmas celebration with caroling throughout downtown streets.
According to IAMACCEPTED, residents enjoy living in Sherwood due to its excellent school district which includes two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school all within walking distance from downtown businesses. The village also boasts several churches representing multiple denominations along with several restaurants offering a variety of cuisines including Italian, Chinese and Mexican food among others.
Sherwood provides easy access to larger cities such as Appleton or Green Bay while still maintaining its small town feel making it a great place to live or visit! From its charming shops downtown to its riverside parks there is something for everyone in Sherwood.
Population: 1,550. Estimated population in July 2020: 2,290 (+47.7% change)
Males: 782 (50.5%), Females: 768 (49.5%)
Zip code: 54169
Median resident age: 36.1 years
Median household income: $63,913
Median house value: $160,000
Races in Sherwood:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.6%)
- Hispanic (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (61.2%), Irish (11.2%), Dutch (9.5%), Norwegian (6.8%), Polish (5.2%), French (4.4%).
Land area: 2.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Sherwood
- High school or higher: 93.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 35.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.6%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sherwood village
- Never married: 18.8%
- Now married: 73.3%
- Separated: 0.2%
- Widowed: 3.8%
- Divorced: 3.8%
1.4% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +644 (+71.1%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Sherwood:
- ST ELIZABETH HOSPITAL 88 (about 9 miles; APPLETON, WI)
- APPLETON MEDICAL CENTER (about 11 miles; APPLETON, WI)
- CALUMET MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; CHILTON, WI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Sherwood:
- OUTAGAMIE COUNTY REGIONAL (about 18 miles; APPLETON, WI; Abbreviation: ATW)
- WITTMAN REGIONAL (about 24 miles; OSHKOSH, WI; Abbreviation: OSH)
- AUSTIN STRAUBEL INTERNATIONAL (about 24 miles; GREEN BAY, WI; Abbreviation: GRB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Sherwood:
- BRENNAND (about 20 miles; NEENAH, WI; Abbreviation: 79C)
- NEW HOLSTEIN MUNI (about 21 miles; NEW HOLSTEIN, WI; Abbreviation: 8D1)
- SHIOCTON (about 27 miles; SHIOCTON, WI; Abbreviation: W34)
Amtrak station near Sherwood:
- 12 miles: APPLETON (500 N. ONEIDA ST.) – Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, intercity bus service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sherwood:
- FOX VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE AT APPLETON (about 14 miles; APPLETON, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,364)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-OSHKOSH (about 21 miles; OSHKOSH, WI; Full-time enrollment: 9,057)
- SAINT NORBERT COLLEGE (about 22 miles; DE PERE, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,031)
- NORTHEAST WISCONSIN TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 28 miles; GREEN BAY, WI; Full-time enrollment: 4,198)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY (about 33 miles; GREEN BAY, WI; Full-time enrollment: 4,794)
- MORAINE PARK TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 35 miles; FOND DU LAC, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,037)
- LAKELAND COLLEGE (about 56 miles; SHEBOYGAN, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,103)
Private primary/middle school in Sherwood:
- ST JOHN-SACRED HEART SCHOOL (Students: 152; Location: N 361 MILITARY ROAD BOX 78; Grades: PK – 8)