According to bittranslators, Sand Creek, Wisconsin is a small town located in the heart of Wisconsin’s Dairyland. The town was founded in 1853 by a group of settlers looking for a better life. Since then, it has grown to become a vibrant and welcoming community with an abundance of resources for its residents.
Sand Creek is situated along the banks of the Fox River and is home to about 1,500 people. It is known for its close-knit community and small-town charm. The town boasts an array of unique shops, restaurants, and businesses that make it an ideal place to live or visit.
The town has two main parks: Sand Creek Park on the banks of the Fox River and Hillcrest Park at the top of Sand Hill Road. Both parks offer plenty of recreational activities such as hiking trails, fishing spots, playgrounds, picnic areas, and more. There are also several golf courses in the area for those looking to hit some balls out on the green.
The town also offers numerous cultural events throughout the year such as festivals, concerts, plays, art shows, and more. In addition to these events there are also several annual festivals that occur in Sand Creek such as Dairyfest which celebrates all things dairy related including cheese curds!
According to biotionary, Sand Creek also features a number of historic sites such as The Old Schoolhouse Museum which houses artifacts from early settlers in the area as well as photographs documenting life in Sand Creek over many years. Another popular attraction is The Old Town Hall which served as City Hall until it was destroyed by fire in 1971 but now serves as a museum with exhibits focusing on local history and culture.
Overall Sand Creek is an amazing place to live with plenty to do and see! Its small-town charm makes it incredibly welcoming while still offering plenty in terms of activities and entertainment for visitors or locals alike! Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure or just some time away from it all – Sand Creek has something for everyone.
Population: 586. Estimated population in July 2020: 654 (+11.6% change)
Males: 303 (51.7%), Females: 283 (48.3%)
Median resident age: 39.8 years
Median household income: $40,197
Median house value: $63,900
Races in Sand Creek:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.5%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
- Korean (0.5%)
Ancestries: Norwegian (48.1%), German (36.7%), Irish (10.6%), English (7.7%), Polish (5.5%), Swedish (4.8%).
Elevation: 1000 feet
For population 25 years and over in Sand Creek
- High school or higher: 86.0%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 18.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.6%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sand Creek town
- Never married: 21.6%
- Now married: 63.5%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 6.7%
- Divorced: 7.1%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +17 (+3.0%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Sand Creek:
- BLOOMER MEDICAL CTR (about 15 miles; BLOOMER, WI)
- BARRON MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER MAYO (about 21 miles; BARRON, WI)
- LAKEVIEW MEDICAL CENTER (about 25 miles; RICE LAKE, WI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Sand Creek:
- CHIPPEWA VALLEY REGIONAL (about 26 miles; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Abbreviation: EAU)
- LA CROSSE MUNI (about 95 miles; LA CROSSE, WI; Abbreviation: LSE)
- ROCHESTER INTERNATIONAL (about 104 miles; ROCHESTER, MN; Abbreviation: RST)
Other public-use airports nearest to Sand Creek:
- CHETEK MUNI-SOUTHWORTH (about 10 miles; CHETEK, WI; Abbreviation: Y23)
- RICE LAKE REGIONAL – CARL’S FIELD (about 19 miles; RICE LAKE, WI; Abbreviation: RPD)
- BARRON MUNI (about 19 miles; BARRON, WI; Abbreviation: 9Y7)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sand Creek:
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-STOUT (about 27 miles; MENOMONIE, WI; Full-time enrollment: 7,183)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-EAU CLAIRE (about 31 miles; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Full-time enrollment: 9,866)
- CHIPPEWA VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 31 miles; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,601)
- WISCONSIN INDIANHEAD TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 46 miles; Shell Lake, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,045)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-RIVER FALLS (about 68 miles; RIVER FALLS, WI; Full-time enrollment: 5,491)
- WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 78 miles; WINONA, MN; Full-time enrollment: 6,568)
- SAINT MARY’S UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA (about 78 miles; WINONA, MN; Full-time enrollment: 2,969)
Library in Sand Creek:
- CLARELLA HACKETT JOHNSON PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $19,555; Location: NE 9311 1345TH AVE.; 9,983 books; 354 audio materials; 540 video materials; 25 serial subscriptions)