According to Ezinesports, Rehoboth Beach is a small city located in Sussex County, Delaware. It is a popular summer destination for families and beachgoers alike. Rehoboth Beach has been dubbed “The Nation’s Summer Capital” because of its wide array of attractions, activities, and amenities that make it the perfect beach getaway.
Rehoboth Beach is situated on the Atlantic Ocean and offers two miles of pristine beaches with white sand, crystal clear waters, and breathtaking sunsets. The beaches are ideal for swimming, surfing, and fishing. Visitors can also explore the nearby Cape Henlopen State Park which features a maritime forest, trails for biking or hiking, camping grounds, and more.
The boardwalk at Rehoboth Beach is one of its most popular attractions. Stretching over one mile long along the beachfront, it offers plenty of entertainment options such as arcades, carnival rides and games, souvenir shops selling local crafts and foods, mini golf courses, restaurants offering seafood delicacies from the area’s many water sources like clams and oysters to name a few; ice cream parlors; pubs; clubs; live music venues; art galleries; spas; salons; surf shops; clothing boutiques; candy stores; toy stores etc., all within walking distance from each other making it an ideal location for a day out with friends or family members.
For those looking to experience something more cultural than traditional beach activities Rehoboth Beach offers some unique attractions such as the Clear Space Theatre Company which features musical theater performances throughout the summer months as well as an outdoor amphitheater that hosts concerts by renowned musicians throughout the year. There are also several museums in town such as The Rehoboth Art League which showcases local artwork by artists from all over Delaware including paintings sculptures photography etc., The Children’s Museum at Lewes which offers interactive exhibits designed to educate children about science technology engineering arts & math (STEAM) topics through hands-on exploration & play experiences & The Biggs Museum of American Art which features works from colonial times up until present day by some of America’s most celebrated artists like Andrew Wyeth Georgia O’Keeffe John Singer Sargent Edward Hopper etc..
According to Fashionissupreme, Rehoboth Beach is also home to many annual events like Dogfish Head Craft Beer Festival in May where visitors can sample craft beers from around the world & enjoy live music performances & Fireworks on July 4th where fireworks light up the night sky above Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk offering an unforgettable way to celebrate America’s independence day every year! Other popular events include Sea Witch Festival in October featuring a parade floats costumes vendors & more plus Dewey Beach Music Conference in September hosting dozens of live music acts from all genres plus workshops seminars & industry panels throughout its duration making it an essential event for aspiring musicians looking to break into the industry!
Rehoboth Beach is truly an ideal summer destination filled with endless possibilities for relaxation recreation culture sightseeing shopping dining entertainment & more! In short there’s something here for everyone so come visit us soon & experience why we call ourselves “The Nation’s Summer Capital.
Rehoboth Beach is located at 125km south of Wilmington. Delaware Seashore State Park is just south of Rehoboth Beach, occupying a narrow peninsula between the Atlantic Ocean and Rehoboth Bay. It has beachfront on both bodies of water. Rehoboth Beach was originally a site for Methodist camp meetings. The name Rehoboth is biblical in origin and means “room enough.” Nowadays, there’s probably still room enough, but things get a bit crowded during summer, when large numbers of vacationers descend on the town. Many of them are politicians and government workers from Washington, D.C., so Rehoboth is referred to as “the nation’s summer capital.”
Population: 1,495. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,556 (+4.1% change)
Males: 719 (48.1%), Females: 776 (51.9%)
Zip code: 19971
Median resident age: 57.0 years
Median household income: $51,429
Median house value: $320,500
Races in Rehoboth Beach:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.7%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: English (28.7%), Irish (23.7%), German (17.3%), Italian (6.5%), United States (5.3%), Polish (5.2%).
Elevation: 16 feet
Land area: 1.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Rehoboth Beach
- High school or higher: 91.3%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 44.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 22.2%
- Unemployed: 2.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rehoboth Beach city
- Never married: 28.1%
- Now married: 46.5%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 15.7%
- Divorced: 9.0%
3.2% Foreign born (2.1% Europe, 0.9% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +160 (+12.0%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Rehoboth Beach:
- BEEBE MEDICAL CENTER (about 6 miles; LEWES, DE)
- ATLANTIC GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 27 miles; BERLIN, MD)
- BURDETE TOMLIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 31 miles; CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Rehoboth Beach:
- DOVER AFB (about 38 miles; DOVER, DE; Abbreviation: DOV)
- SALISBURY-OCEAN CITY WICOMICO REGIONAL (about 40 miles; SALISBURY, MD; Abbreviation: SBY)
- ATLANTIC CITY INTERNATIONAL (about 62 miles; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Abbreviation: ACY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Rehoboth Beach:
- SUSSEX COUNTY (about 19 miles; GEORGETOWN, DE; Abbreviation: GED)
- CAPE MAY COUNTY (about 24 miles; WILDWOOD, NJ; Abbreviation: WWD)
- OCEAN CITY MUNI (about 29 miles; OCEAN CITY, MD; Abbreviation: OXB)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rehoboth Beach:
- DELAWARE TECHNICAL AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE-OWENS (about 22 miles; GEORGETOWN, DE; Full-time enrollment: 2,053)
- DELAWARE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 43 miles; Dover, DE; Full-time enrollment: 2,641)
- SALISBURY STATE UNIVERSITY (about 44 miles; SALISBURY, MD; Full-time enrollment: 5,645)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE (about 56 miles; PRINCESS ANNE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,940)
- ATLANTIC CAPE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 58 miles; MAYS LANDING, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 3,086)
- THE RICHARD STOCKTON COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (about 65 miles; POMONA, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 5,526)
- ROWAN UNIVERSITY (about 68 miles; GLASSBORO, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 7,587)
Public primary/middle school in Rehoboth Beach:
- REHOBOTH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 546; Location: 500 STOCKLEY STREET; Grades: PK – 06)
Library in Rehoboth Beach:
- REHOBOTH BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $185,645; Location: 226 REHOBOTH AVENUE; 30,967 books; 1,040 audio materials; 806 video materials; 87 serial subscriptions)