According to electronicsmatter, Pond Creek, Oklahoma is a small town located in the northwest corner of the state. It is situated in Grant County, just a few miles north of Enid and about an hour west of Oklahoma City. With a population of about 1,300 people, Pond Creek is known for its rural atmosphere and friendly residents.
The town was founded in 1892 by settlers who were attracted to the area’s abundant natural resources. The first businesses established were a general store and post office, which remain open to this day. As more settlers arrived, more businesses began to open up, including a bank and several other stores. Over time, Pond Creek developed into a thriving community with churches, schools, and other amenities that make it an ideal place to live.
Pond Creek is home to several attractions that make it popular with visitors from around the state. The historic downtown area boasts charming buildings dating back to the turn-of-the-century era. Here you will find several specialty shops selling unique items such as antiques, handmade crafts, and local artwork. There are also plenty of places to eat in town ranging from casual diners to upscale restaurants offering fine dining experiences.
In addition to its downtown attractions, Pond Creek also offers plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities for visitors to enjoy. Fishing enthusiasts can head out onto one of the nearby lakes or rivers where they are sure to catch plenty of bass or catfish. Hiking trails can be found throughout the surrounding countryside providing beautiful views of rolling hills covered with tall grasses and wildflowers in springtime months.
According to foodezine, Pond Creek is also home to numerous events throughout the year such as their annual County Fair in August which features traditional fair rides and games along with live entertainment from local bands and performers; their annual 4th of July celebration complete with fireworks; and their Christmas Parade which brings out many families from all over Grant County for a festive evening each December 25th!
Overall, Pond Creek has much to offer its residents and visitors alike – making it an ideal place for those looking for a small town experience without sacrificing modern amenities or convenience! Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities or simply want some peace and quiet away from city life – Pond Creek has something special waiting for you.
Population: 896. Estimated population in July 2020: 824 (-8.0% change)
Males: 425 (47.4%), Females: 471 (52.6%)
Zip code: 73766
Median resident age: 37.8 years
Median household income: $30,515
Median house value: $39,300
Races in Pond Creek:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.0%)
- American Indian (5.5%)
- Two or more races (2.5%)
- Hispanic (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (20.2%), United States (15.0%), English (11.4%), Irish (8.5%), Dutch (3.5%), French (1.9%).
Elevation: 1048 feet
Land area: 0.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Pond Creek
- High school or higher: 82.4%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 12.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pond Creek city
- Never married: 13.8%
- Now married: 63.1%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 10.1%
- Divorced: 11.4%
0.9% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -95 (-9.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Pond Creek:
- INTEGRIS BASS BAPTIST HEALTH CENTER (about 19 miles; ENID, OK)
- INTEGRIS BASS PAVILION (about 19 miles; ENID, OK)
- ST MARY’S MERCY HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; ENID, OK)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Pond Creek:
- VANCE AFB (about 25 miles; ENID, OK; Abbreviation: END)
- STILLWATER RGNL (about 62 miles; STILLWATER, OK; Abbreviation: SWO)
- WICHITA MID-CONTINENT (about 72 miles; WICHITA, KS; Abbreviation: ICT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Pond Creek:
- POND CREEK MUNI (about 2 miles; POND CREEK, OK; Abbreviation: 2K1)
- HOMESTEAD FARMS (about 6 miles; POND CREEK, OK; Abbreviation: O66)
- MEDFORD MUNI (about 10 miles; MEDFORD, OK; Abbreviation: O53)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pond Creek:
- COWLEY COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 61 miles; ARKANSAS CITY, KS; Full-time enrollment: 2,392)
- LANGSTON UNIVERSITY (about 63 miles; LANGSTON, OK; Full-time enrollment: 2,324)
- OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 69 miles; STILLWATER, OK; Full-time enrollment: 16,937)
- UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL OKLAHOMA (about 72 miles; EDMOND, OK; Full-time enrollment: 10,926)
- WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 74 miles; WICHITA, KS; Full-time enrollment: 10,403)
- FRIENDS UNIVERSITY (about 76 miles; WICHITA, KS; Full-time enrollment: 2,983)
- SOUTHERN NAZARENE UNIVERSITY (about 81 miles; BETHANY, OK; Full-time enrollment: 2,002)
Public high school in Pond Creek:
- POND CREEK-HUNTER JR-SR HS (Students: 94; Location: 200 E. BROADWAY; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Pond Creek:
- POND CREEK-HUNTER ES (Students: 210; Location: 200 E. BROADWAY; Grades: PK – 08)
Library in Pond Creek:
- POND CREEK CITY LIBRARY (Operating income: $28,171; Location: 105 SOUTH SECOND; 8,875 books; 146 audio materials; 285 video materials; 14 serial subscriptions)