According to ablogtophone, Palm Coast, Florida is a beautiful city located in Flagler County along the Atlantic Coast. With a population of over 75,000 people, it is the most populous city in Flagler County and the third-largest city in the Greater Jacksonville area. Palm Coast is known for its beautiful beaches and its proximity to many of Florida’s popular attractions such as Daytona Beach and St. Augustine.
The climate in Palm Coast is mild with temperatures ranging from an average low of 50 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter months to an average high of 88 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer months. The city receives abundant sunshine year-round with an average of 233 sunny days per year, making it a great place to enjoy outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, kayaking, golfing, tennis and more.
According to beautyphoon, Palm Coast offers plenty of shopping opportunities including two large malls – Town Center at Palm Coast and European Village – as well as numerous boutiques and specialty shops. There are also numerous restaurants offering everything from seafood to Mexican cuisine. The city also has several entertainment venues including a movie theater and bowling alley.
The city has a number of parks located throughout the area that offer plenty of outdoor recreational activities such as walking trails, biking paths, playgrounds and more. Flagler Beach State Park is one of the most popular spots for visitors who are looking to enjoy some beach time while observing wildlife like sea turtles or dolphins swimming in the ocean.
Palm Coast also boasts a number of cultural attractions such as museums and art galleries that showcase local artwork from around Florida’s east coast region as well as historical sites like Fort Matanzas National Monument which commemorates Spanish soldiers who defended Spanish Florida against British invaders in 1740-1742.
In addition to all these great attractions, Palm Coast also offers residents plenty of educational opportunities with multiple public schools located within its boundaries including elementary schools, middle schools and high schools all part of the Flagler County School District which serves over 33 thousand students every year. Furthermore there are several private educational institutions located nearby such as Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University which offers degree programs at both undergraduate and graduate levels focusing on aviation-related studies.
All these things make Palm Coast an ideal place for families or individuals looking for a place to call home that offers plenty to do while also being close enough to major cities like Jacksonville or Orlando for those looking for a day trip or weekend getaway destination without having to leave home too far behind.
Males: 15,545 (47.5%), Females: 17,187 (52.5%)
Zip codes: 32137, 32164.
Median resident age: 51.2 years
Median household income: $41,570
Median house value: $112,500
Races in Palm Coast:
- White Non-Hispanic (80.1%)
- Black (10.3%)
- Hispanic (6.7%)
- Two or more races (1.7%)
- Other race (1.2%)
- Filipino (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: Irish (17.3%), German (16.3%), Italian (15.7%), English (12.1%), Polish (5.0%), United States (4.5%).
Elevation: 10 feet
Land area: 50.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Palm Coast
- High school or higher: 85.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 19.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.3%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Palm Coast city
- Never married: 12.9%
- Now married: 69.7%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 9.2%
- Divorced: 7.2%
12.7% Foreign born (5.4% Europe, 5.1% Latin America, 1.6% Asia).
Hospitals/medical centers near Palm Coast:
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL FLAGLER SW BEDS (about 9 miles; BUNNELL, FL)
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL ORMOND PENINSULA (about 20 miles; ORMOND BEACH, FL)
- FLAGLER HOSPITAL WEST (about 24 miles; SAINT AUGUSTINE, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Palm Coast:
- DAYTONA BEACH INTL (about 29 miles; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Abbreviation: DAB)
- ST AUGUSTINE (about 30 miles; ST AUGUSTINE, FL; Abbreviation: SGJ)
- ORLANDO SANFORD (about 54 miles; ORLANDO, FL; Abbreviation: SFB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Palm Coast:
- FLAGLER COUNTY (about 6 miles; BUNNELL, FL; Abbreviation: X47)
- ORMOND BEACH MUNI (about 19 miles; ORMOND BEACH, FL; Abbreviation: OMN)
- PIERSON MUNI (about 27 miles; PIERSON, FL; Abbreviation: 2J8)
Colleges and Universities
College/University in Palm Coast:
- GIUMENTA SCHOOL OF REAL ESTATE (Location: 7 FLORIDA PK DR; Private, for-profit)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Palm Coast:
- EMBRY RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Full-time enrollment: 9,008)
- DAYTONA BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 27 miles; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Full-time enrollment: 6,257)
- BETHUNE COOKMAN COLLEGE (about 27 miles; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,638)
- SAINT JOHNS RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 33 miles; PALATKA, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,509)
- STETSON UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; DELAND, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,966)
- SEMINOLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 53 miles; SANFORD, FL; Full-time enrollment: 5,261)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH FLORIDA (about 55 miles; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Full-time enrollment: 9,256)
Private high school in Palm Coast:
- PALM COAST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 67; Location: PO BOX 350826; Grades: KG – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Palm Coast:
- INDIAN TRAILS K-8 CENTER (Students: 1,978; Location: 5505 BELLE TERRE PARKWAY; Grades: PK – 08)
- LEWIS E. WADSWORTH ELEMENTARY (Students: 1,204; Location: P.O. BOX 353010; Grades: PK – 05)
- BUDDY TAYLOR MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,174; Location: 4500 BELLE TERRE PARKWAY; Grades: 06 – 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Palm Coast:
- ST ELIZABETH ANN SETON SCHOOL (Students: 197; Location: 4600 BELLE TERRE PKWY; Grades: PK – 4)
- FLAGLER CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 20; Location: P.O. BOX 351668; Grades: KG – 7)
Library in Palm Coast:
- FLAGLER COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $626,466; Location: 2500 PALM COAST PARKWAY NW; 70,989 books; 1,382 audio materials; 1,749 video materials; 187 serial subscriptions)