According to electronicsmatter, Palm City is a small city located in Martin County, Florida. It lies along the St. Lucie River, just south of Stuart and north of Port St. Lucie. The city’s population was estimated to be 21,741 in 2019.
Palm City is a picturesque and lush community with plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. It is home to several parks and nature preserves, such as the Palm City Nature Preserve and the Savannas State Park, which offer visitors breathtaking views of the Indian River Lagoon. There are also several golf courses in the area that offer residents and visitors alike a chance to escape into nature while enjoying some quality time on the green.
In addition to its array of outdoor activities, Palm City is also home to an eclectic mix of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues that cater to all tastes and budgets. You can find everything from upscale eateries offering fine dining experiences to casual eateries for a quick bite or take-out meal. There are also several shopping centers located throughout the city that feature stores ranging from clothing boutiques to antique shops and specialty stores.
The city also offers its residents plenty of cultural opportunities such as art galleries, museums, live music venues, theaters, libraries and more! Visitors can take advantage of local events like Artfest by the Sea in March or Musicfest at Memorial Park in October for an extra special experience in this charming town!
According to foodezine, the schools in Palm City are top-notch as well; there are several public elementary schools within district boundaries as well as two high schools – Martin County High School and South Fork High School – both offering excellent academic programs for their students! The city has been ranked one of Florida’s safest places for children with very low crime rates per capita making it a great place for families looking for peace of mind when it comes to their children’s safety!
Overall, Palm City is an idyllic place that offers something special for everyone who visits or lives there! With its beautiful natural setting combined with plenty of cultural attractions, it’s no wonder why so many people love calling this little corner of Florida home.
Males: 9,624 (47.9%), Females: 10,473 (52.1%)
Zip codes: 34990.
Median resident age: 47.2 years
Median household income: $62,362
Median house value: $173,900
Races in Palm City:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.4%)
- Hispanic (2.8%)
- Black (1.1%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (19.1%), Irish (17.3%), English (16.8%), Italian (14.9%), United States (7.8%), Polish (5.2%).
Elevation: 5 feet
Land area: 14.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Palm City
- High school or higher: 93.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 35.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.6%
- Unemployed: 3.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Palm City CDP
- Never married: 11.3%
- Now married: 71.0%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 9.4%
5.6% Foreign born (2.5% Europe, 1.3% Latin America, 0.9% North America, 0.7% Asia).
Hospitals/medical centers near Palm City:
- MARTIN MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 3 miles; STUART, FL)
- SAINT LUCIE MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; PORT SAINT LUCIE, FL)
- SAVANNAS HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; PORT SAINT LUCIE, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Palm City:
- VERO BEACH MUNI (about 35 miles; VERO BEACH, FL; Abbreviation: VRB)
- PALM BEACH INTL (about 38 miles; WEST PALM BEACH, FL; Abbreviation: PBI)
- MELBOURNE INTL (about 69 miles; MELBOURNE, FL; Abbreviation: MLB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Palm City:
- WITHAM FIELD (about 5 miles; STUART, FL; Abbreviation: SUA)
- INDIANTOWN (about 15 miles; INDIANTOWN, FL; Abbreviation: X58)
- ST LUCIE COUNTY INTL (about 23 miles; FORT PIERCE, FL; Abbreviation: FPR)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Palm City:
- INDIAN RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; FT PIERCE, FL; Full-time enrollment: 6,149)
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC COLLEGE-WEST PALM BEACH (about 38 miles; WEST PALM BEACH, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,109)
- PALM BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 40 miles; LAKE WORTH, FL; Full-time enrollment: 8,390)
- FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY-BOCA RATON (about 56 miles; BOCA RATON, FL; Full-time enrollment: 14,311)
- FLORIDA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-MELBOURNE (about 67 miles; MELBOURNE, FL; Full-time enrollment: 3,055)
- KEISER COLLEGE (about 69 miles; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,879)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 73 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; Full-time enrollment: 12,747)
Public primary/middle schools in Palm City:
- HIDDEN OAKS MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,457; Location: 2801 SW MARTIN HIGHWAY; Grades: 06 – 08)
- PALM CITY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 980; Location: 1951 SW 34TH STREET; Grades: KG – 05)
- BESSEY CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 662; Location: 2201 SW MATHESON AVENUE; Grades: KG – 05)
Private primary/middle school in Palm City:
- MARTIN DOWNS MONTESSORI SCHOOL (Students: 102; Location: 3001 SW MILL CREEK WAY; Grades: PK – KG)