According to fun-wiki, Palm Bay, Florida is a vibrant city located in the central part of Brevard County on the eastern coast of Florida. With a population of over 107,000 residents, Palm Bay is the most populous city in Brevard County and is known for its excellent quality of life. Palm Bay is situated along the Indian River Lagoon and has easy access to beaches and other attractions along the Space Coast.
The city boasts a mild subtropical climate with warm winters and hot summers that are perfect for outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, swimming or golfing at one of its many championship golf courses. The average annual temperature is around 73 degrees Fahrenheit, making Palm Bay an ideal place to visit year-round.
According to growtheology, Palm Bay has something for everyone with its diverse range of activities and attractions. From shopping to fine dining to outdoor recreation, there’s something here for everyone. There are several shopping centers in town including The Avenue Viera which offers more than 250 stores and restaurants. The area also boasts numerous parks including Turkey Creek Sanctuary which houses native wildlife such as alligators and bald eagles.
For those who love nature, there’s no better place than Palm Bay’s lagoon shoreline where you can enjoy swimming or kayaking in the crystal clear waters or take a boat tour on one of the many waterways that can be found here. There are also plenty of opportunities for fishing at nearby Sebastian Inlet State Park or at Turkey Creek Sanctuary where you can catch snook, redfish, sea trout among other species.
For history buffs, there’s plenty to explore in Palm Bay with an abundance of landmarks like Brevard County Courthouse which was built in 1885 or St Joseph’s Catholic Church which dates back to 1887 when it was established by local settlers from Europe. You can also take a trip back into time by visiting some of the area’s historical sites like Fort Christmas Historical Park or Crane Creek Settlement which offer insight into how life used to be centuries ago in this part of Florida.
Palm Bay offers some great entertainment options too including multiple movie theaters, bowling alleys and arcades as well as live music venues like The Avenue Viera Live Music Hall which hosts various performances throughout the year from local artists all over Florida and beyond. For those who prefer more laid back activities there are plenty of cafes, galleries and unique boutiques to explore throughout town too!
All in all Palm Bay is an amazing city that has something for everyone! Whether you’re looking for an adventure filled weekend getaway or just want somewhere peaceful yet exciting to spend your vacation then look no further than Palm Bay – it truly has it all.
Population: 79,413. Estimated population in July 2020: 92,833 (+16.9% change)
Males: 38,723 (48.8%), Females: 40,690 (51.2%)
Zip codes: 32905, 32907, 32908, 32909.
Median resident age: 37.2 years
Median household income: $36,508
Median house value: $78,300
Races in Palm Bay:
- White Non-Hispanic (76.2%)
- Black (11.3%)
- Hispanic (8.6%)
- Two or more races (2.7%)
- Other race (2.4%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (17.9%), Irish (14.6%), English (10.1%), Italian (9.2%), United States (7.9%), French (4.2%).
Elevation: 19 feet
Land area: 63.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Palm Bay
- High school or higher: 83.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 16.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.9%
- Unemployed: 5.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Palm Bay city
- Never married: 21.5%
- Now married: 57.7%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 6.5%
- Divorced: 12.0%
9.6% Foreign born (5.4% Latin America, 1.7% Europe, 1.6% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +16,090 (+25.4%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Palm Bay:
- CIRCLES OF CARE INC (about 8 miles; MELBOURNE, FL)
- HEALTHSOUTH SEA PINES HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; MELBOURNE, FL)
- HOLMES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 8 miles; MELBOURNE, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Palm Bay:
- MELBOURNE INTL (about 9 miles; MELBOURNE, FL; Abbreviation: MLB)
- PATRICK AFB (about 18 miles; COCOA BEACH, FL; Abbreviation: COF)
- VERO BEACH MUNI (about 29 miles; VERO BEACH, FL; Abbreviation: VRB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Palm Bay:
- VALKARIA (about 8 miles; VALKARIA, FL; Abbreviation: X59)
- SEBASTIAN MUNI (about 18 miles; SEBASTIAN, FL; Abbreviation: X26)
- MERRITT ISLAND (about 25 miles; MERRITT ISLAND, FL; Abbreviation: COI)
Colleges and Universities
College/University in Palm Bay:
- DARLYNE MCGEES ACADEMY OF COSMETOLOGY (Full-time enrollment: 43; Location: 4711 BABCOCK ST NE STE 26; Private, for-profit)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Palm Bay:
- FLORIDA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-MELBOURNE (about 8 miles; MELBOURNE, FL; Full-time enrollment: 3,055)
- BREVARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE-COCOA CAMPUS (about 27 miles; COCOA, FL; Full-time enrollment: 7,277)
- INDIAN RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 45 miles; FT PIERCE, FL; Full-time enrollment: 6,149)
- UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA (about 58 miles; ORLANDO, FL; Full-time enrollment: 26,717)
- VALENCIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 61 miles; ORLANDO, FL; Full-time enrollment: 15,792)
- ROLLINS COLLEGE (about 65 miles; WINTER PARK, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,899)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-ORLANDO CAMPUS (about 66 miles; MAITLAND, FL; Full-time enrollment: 3,992)
Public high school in Palm Bay:
- BAYSIDE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 2,139; Location: 1901 DEGROODT ROAD SW; Grades: 09 – 12)
Private high schools in Palm Bay:
- COVENANT CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 250; Location: 720 EMERSON DR NE; Grades: KG – 12)
- VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 70; Location: 100 EMERSON DRIVE NW; Grades: KG – 12)
- LIBERTY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 55; Location: 4690 LIPSCOMB ST NE STE 4B; Grades: 9 – 12)
- PALM BAY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 24; Location: PO BOX 60201; Grades: 5 – 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Palm Bay:
- SOUTHWEST MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,412; Location: 451 ELDRON BOULEVARD SE; Grades: 07 – 08)
- WESTSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 1,077; Location: 2175 DEGROODT ROAD, SW; Grades: PK – 06)
- DISCOVERY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 930; Location: 1275 GLENDALE AVENUE NW; Grades: PK – 06)
- LOCKMAR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 905; Location: 525 PEPPER STREET NE; Grades: PK – 06)
- CHRISTA MCAULIFFE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 845; Location: 155 DEL MUNDO STREET NW; Grades: PK – 06)
- JUPITER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 840; Location: 950 TUPELO ROAD SW; Grades: PK – 06)
- PORT MALABAR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 818; Location: 301 PIONEER AVENUE NE; Grades: PK – 06)
- RIVIERA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 692; Location: 351 RIVIERA DRIVE NE; Grades: PK – 06)
- PALM BAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 663; Location: 1200 ALAMANDA ROAD NE; Grades: PK – 06)
- JOHN F. TURNER, SENIOR ELEMENTARY (Students: 661; Location: 3175 JUPITER BOULEVARD SE; Grades: PK – 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Palm Bay:
- ST JOSEPH CATHOLIC SCHOOL (Students: 424; Location: 5320 BABCOCK ST N E; Grades: PK – 8)
- PALM BAY BAPTIST ACADEMY (Students: 119; Location: 2601 EMERSON DRIVE SE; Grades: PK – 11)
- DIAMOND COMMUNITY SCHOOL (Students: 32; Location: PO BOX 60534; Grades: PK – 7)
- WELLINGTON ACADEMY (Students: 30; Location: 1436 TROUTMAN BLVD NE; Grades: PK – KG)