According to biotionary, Pachuta is a small town located in Clarke County, Mississippi. The population of the town is approximately 387 people.
The town was founded in the early 1800s by a man named John Pachuta who owned a large plantation nearby. The area was originally used for agricultural purposes and was known as “Pachuta Plantation.” As time went on, the area became more developed and eventually became the town of Pachuta.
The town is located close to Interstate 59 and Highway 45, making it easily accessible from larger cities such as Meridian and Hattiesburg. It is also close to several recreational areas such as Choctaw Lake, Clarkco State Park, and Bienville National Forest.
According to bittranslators, Pachuta has several amenities available for its residents including a library, post office, general store, gas station, restaurants, and churches. There are also several schools located within the city limits that serve students from kindergarten through 12th grade.
The climate in Pachuta is generally mild with hot summers and cool winters. The average high temperature during the summer months typically range between 90-95 degrees Fahrenheit while the average low temperature during winter months typically range between 40-45 degrees Fahrenheit.
The economy in Pachuta mainly revolves around agriculture with many local farmers growing crops such as cotton and soybeans. There are also several small businesses that provide goods and services to the local community including auto repair shops, beauty salons, grocery stores, hardware stores, gas stations, restaurants, banks and other financial institutions.
The people of Pachuta are friendly and welcoming with many families having lived in the area for generations. Residents take pride in their community and enjoy spending time outdoors engaging in activities such as fishing or hunting at nearby lakes or forests or attending annual events held by local organizations like 4H clubs or church groups.
Overall Pachuta is a small rural Mississippi town that offers its residents an opportunity to live peacefully without all of the hustle bustle of larger cities nearby while still having access to some basic amenities like grocery stores or banks for convenience when needed. Its pleasant climate makes it an ideal place to live year round while still being able to take advantage of outdoor activities during warmer months of spring or summertime when temperatures are more comfortable outside.
Population: 245. Estimated population in July 2020: 236 (-3.7% change)
Males: 102 (41.6%), Females: 143 (58.4%)
Zip code: 39347
Median resident age: 43.1 years
Median household income: $30,938
Median house value: $61,500
Races in Pachuta:
- White Non-Hispanic (66.1%)
- Black (33.1%)
- Other race (0.8%)
Ancestries: United States (21.2%), Irish (8.6%), English (7.8%), Scottish (3.3%), Scotch-Irish (2.4%), Dutch (1.6%).
Elevation: 300 feet
Land area: 2.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Pachuta
- High school or higher: 69.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 14.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 6.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pachuta town
- Never married: 23.8%
- Now married: 49.3%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 12.3%
- Divorced: 13.2%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -23 (-8.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Pachuta:
- H C WATKINS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; QUITMAN, MS)
- JEFF ANDERSON REGIONAL MED CENTER (about 26 miles; MERIDIAN, MS)
- RILEY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 26 miles; MERIDIAN, MS)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Pachuta:
- KEY FIELD (about 22 miles; MERIDIAN, MS; Abbreviation: MEI)
- HATTIESBURG-LAUREL REGIONAL (about 51 miles; HATTIESBURG/LAUREL, MS; Abbreviation: PIB)
- JACKSON INTERNATIONAL (about 84 miles; JACKSON, MS; Abbreviation: JAN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Pachuta:
- CLARKE COUNTY (about 11 miles; QUITMAN, MS; Abbreviation: 23M)
- JAMES H EASOM FIELD (about 25 miles; NEWTON, MS; Abbreviation: M23)
- THIGPEN FIELD (about 25 miles; BAY SPRINGS, MS; Abbreviation: 00M)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pachuta:
- MERIDIAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; MERIDIAN, MS; Full-time enrollment: 2,455)
- JONES COUNTY JUNIOR COLLEGE (about 39 miles; ELLISVILLE, MS; Full-time enrollment: 4,072)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI (about 67 miles; HATTIESBURG, MS; Full-time enrollment: 12,541)
- MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 93 miles; PERKINSTON, MS; Full-time enrollment: 6,329)
- JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY (about 94 miles; JACKSON, MS; Full-time enrollment: 5,955)
- HOLMES COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 94 miles; GOODMAN, MS; Full-time enrollment: 2,485)
- PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 97 miles; POPLARVILLE, MS; Full-time enrollment: 2,433)