According to beautyphoon, Nashua, Montana is a small rural town located in Toole County, just off of the Rocky Mountain Front. It is home to less than 500 people and is surrounded by stunning views of the Rocky Mountains. The area is known for its vastness and beauty as it lies in close proximity to Glacier National Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, and Bob Marshall Wilderness Area.
The town was founded in 1885 by settlers from Sweden and Norway who were looking to homestead in the area. The settlers named the town after their hometown of Nashua, New Hampshire. In its early days, Nashua was a farming community that grew grains such as wheat and barley which were used for flour production.
Today, Nashua is still a quiet rural town with a strong sense of community. It has a few small businesses including a restaurant, convenience store, post office and gas station. There are also several churches located in the area which serve as great places for local residents to come together for fellowship and worship services.
The landscape surrounding Nashua consists of rolling hills covered with grassland prairie and pine forests along with numerous rivers winding through them including the Milk River, Marias River and Teton River. Wildlife such as deer, elk and birds are commonly seen throughout the area making it an ideal spot for hunting or fishing trips.
According to bestitude, Nashua is also home to some spectacular natural attractions such as Coulee Creek Falls, Two Medicine Lake and Two Medicine Pass which all offer breathtaking views of the Rockies along with plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation like hiking, camping or horseback riding. Additionally there are numerous trails that lead out into nearby wilderness areas where visitors can explore on foot or bike without running into too much civilization!
Nashua is an ideal destination for those looking to experience Montana’s natural beauty while still having access to all the necessary amenities they need during their stay – making it an excellent choice for anyone looking to get away from it all without sacrificing comfort.
Population: 325. Estimated population in July 2020: 303 (-6.8% change)
Males: 182 (56.0%), Females: 143 (44.0%)
Zip code: 59248
Median resident age: 48.6 years
Median household income: $26,827
Median house value: $33,100
Races in Nashua:
- White Non-Hispanic (91.7%)
- American Indian (6.5%)
- Hispanic (2.2%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
Ancestries: Norwegian (27.1%), German (20.0%), Irish (8.6%), United States (8.6%), English (4.9%), Swedish (4.3%).
Elevation: 2063 feet
Land area: 0.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Nashua
- High school or higher: 84.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 8.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.9%
- Unemployed: 7.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Nashua town
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 59.9%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 8.9%
- Divorced: 7.5%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -51 (-13.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Nashua:
- FRANCES MAHON DEACONESS HOSPITAL – CAH (about 24 miles; GLASGOW, MT)
- TRINITY HOSPITAL (about 49 miles; WOLF POINT, MT)
- MCCONE COUNTY HEALTH CENTER – CAH (about 54 miles; CIRCLE, MT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Nashua:
- SLOULIN FLD INTL (about 189 miles; WILLISTON, ND; Abbreviation: ISN)
- BILLINGS LOGAN INTL (about 220 miles; BILLINGS, MT; Abbreviation: BIL)
- SHERIDAN COUNTY (about 236 miles; SHERIDAN, WY; Abbreviation: SHR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Nashua:
- FORT PECK (about 12 miles; FORT PECK, MT; Abbreviation: 37S)
- WOKAL FIELD/GLASGOW INTL (about 18 miles; GLASGOW, MT; Abbreviation: GGW)
- OPHEIM (about 51 miles; OPHEIM, MT; Abbreviation: S00)
Amtrak station near Nashua:
- 20 miles: GLASGOW (GLASCOW, 424 1ST AVE. S). Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, free long-term parking.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Nashua:
- MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY-BILLINGS (about 221 miles; BILLINGS, MT; Full-time enrollment: 3,105)
- BLACK HILLS STATE UNIVERSITY (about 304 miles; SPEARFISH, SD; Full-time enrollment: 3,190)
- MINOT STATE UNIVERSITY (about 350 miles; MINOT, ND; Full-time enrollment: 2,662)
- SOUTH DAKOTA SCHOOL OF MINES AND TECHNOLOGY (about 354 miles; RAPID CITY, SD; Full-time enrollment: 2,002)
- MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY-BOZEMAN (about 359 miles; BOZEMAN, MT; Full-time enrollment: 10,380)
- CASPER COLLEGE (about 360 miles; CASPER, WY; Full-time enrollment: 2,564)
- BISMARCK STATE COLLEGE (about 397 miles; BISMARCK, ND; Full-time enrollment: 2,205)
Public high school in Nashua:
- NASHUA HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 50; Location: 222 MABEL; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Nashua:
- NASHUA SCHOOL (Students: 81; Location: 222 MABEL; Grades: PK – 06)
- NASHUA 7-8 (Students: 19; Location: 222 MABEL; Grades: 07 – 08)