According to watchtutorials, Morgantown is a small town located in the heart of Brown County, Indiana. It is known for its quaint charm, historic downtown area, and friendly people. The population of Morgantown is just over 1,000 people, making it an ideal spot for those who want to avoid the hustle and bustle of a larger city.
The history of Morgantown dates back to 1818 when it was first settled by John Duffee. Since then, the town has grown and changed but has still managed to maintain its small-town feel. In fact, much of the downtown area looks much like it did when it was first settled centuries ago. The brick buildings that line Main Street are a testament to this fact as many of them were built in the 1800s and still remain today.
The downtown area also includes several unique shops and restaurants that offer visitors a variety of experiences from antiques to fine dining. On Saturdays during the summer months there is a farmers market held in the town square where local farmers sell their produce and handmade items such as jewelry or crafts. Additionally, there are several craft fairs throughout the year that feature local artists and artisans selling their wares.
According to ablogtophone, Morgantown is also home to several parks including Brown County State Park which offers camping, hiking trails, horseback riding, swimming pools and more; Brown County Fairgrounds which hosts various events throughout the year; and Morgantown Community Park which features sports fields as well as playgrounds for children.
There are plenty of things to do in Morgantown such as visiting one of its two golf courses or taking part in other activities such as fishing on Lake Monroe or exploring nearby caves at Bluespring Caverns State Park. Additionally, there are numerous festivals throughout the year such as Applefest in October or Christmas in Morgantown during December that offer even more entertainment options for visitors looking to explore this charming town.
Overall, Morgantown is an ideal place for those looking for a slower paced lifestyle without sacrificing access to modern conveniences or entertainment options. Its unique history combined with vibrant downtown area make it an appealing destination for both tourists and locals alike.
Population: 964. Estimated population in July 2020: 966 (+0.2% change)
Males: 447 (46.4%), Females: 517 (53.6%)
Zip code: 46160
Median resident age: 35.1 years
Median household income: $33,158
Median house value: $79,200
Races in Morgantown:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.5%)
- Hispanic (0.6%)
Ancestries: United States (33.3%), Irish (17.0%), German (14.6%), English (12.6%), Dutch (2.8%), French (2.5%).
Elevation: 680 feet
Land area: 0.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Morgantown
- High school or higher: 72.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 6.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.8%
- Unemployed: 4.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Morgantown town
- Never married: 21.0%
- Now married: 51.0%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 17.1%
- Divorced: 10.1%
0.2% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -145 (-13.1%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Morgantown:
- MORGAN HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; MARTINSVILLE, IN)
- JOHNSON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; FRANKLIN, IN)
- ST FRANCIS HOSPITAL AND HEALTH CENTERS (about 17 miles; MOORESVILLE, IN)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Morgantown:
- INDIANAPOLIS INTL (about 24 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Abbreviation: IND)
- COLUMBUS MUNI (about 28 miles; COLUMBUS, IN; Abbreviation: BAK)
- MONROE COUNTY (about 30 miles; BLOOMINGTON, IN; Abbreviation: BMG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Morgantown:
- FRANKLIN FLYING FIELD (about 15 miles; FRANKLIN, IN; Abbreviation: 3FK)
- GREENWOOD MUNI (about 21 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Abbreviation: HFY)
- LAKE MONROE (about 26 miles; BLOOMINGTON, IN; Abbreviation: 07I)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Morgantown:
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY-BLOOMINGTON (about 23 miles; BLOOMINGTON, IN; Full-time enrollment: 33,835)
- UNIVERSITY OF INDIANAPOLIS (about 23 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Full-time enrollment: 2,784)
- IVY TECH STATE COLLEGE-CENTRAL INDIANA (about 28 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Full-time enrollment: 3,397)
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY-PURDUE UNIVERSITY-INDIANAPOLIS (about 30 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Full-time enrollment: 19,818)
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY (about 32 miles; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Full-time enrollment: 3,721)
- DEPAUW UNIVERSITY (about 47 miles; GREENCASTLE, IN; Full-time enrollment: 2,197)
- ANDERSON UNIVERSITY (about 68 miles; ANDERSON, IN; Full-time enrollment: 2,116)
Private high school in Morgantown:
- COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 25; Location: BOX 145 HURDLE ROAD; Grades: KG – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Morgantown:
- HELMSBURG ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 282; Location: 5378 N HELMSBURG SCHOOL RD; Grades: KG – 06)