According to Harvardshoes, Minden City is a small town in Sanilac County, Michigan. It has a population of just over 500 people and is located along the banks of the Cass River. The town was founded in 1875 by German immigrants who were looking for a place to start a new life.
The town’s main attraction is its historical downtown area, which contains many 19th century buildings that have been lovingly restored and preserved. These buildings include the old post office, an old-fashioned general store, and several other historic structures that provide a glimpse into what life was like in Minden City during its heyday.
The downtown area also features several quaint shops and restaurants. Visitors can find everything from antiques to handmade crafts, as well as a variety of unique dining options. There are also several parks throughout the town, including Minden City Park which includes playgrounds, picnic areas, and walking trails.
In addition to its historical downtown area and parks, Minden City also offers visitors plenty of outdoor activities such as fishing on the Cass River or canoeing on Lake Huron. There are also several golf courses nearby for those looking to get out on the links.
According to Health-beauty-guides, Minden City is home to two annual events: The Cass River Festival in June and The Minden City Days celebration in August. During both festivals, visitors can enjoy live music performances, food vendors, carnival rides and games, parades, fireworks displays and more!
Overall, Minden City is an amazing small town with plenty of history and culture for visitors to explore! Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day out or an exciting adventure filled with activities and events – there’s something for everyone in this charming little Michigan town.
Population: 242. Estimated population in July 2020: 237 (-2.1% change)
Males: 108 (44.6%), Females: 134 (55.4%)
Zip code: 48456
Median resident age: 34.4 years
Median household income: $24,375
Median house value: $54,000
Races in Minden City:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.9%)
- Hispanic (1.2%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (38.8%), Polish (23.1%), Irish (11.6%), French (7.0%), Swedish (5.8%), Scotch-Irish (5.0%).
Elevation: 850 feet
Land area: 1.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Minden City
- High school or higher: 69.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 4.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.4%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Minden City village
- Never married: 37.5%
- Now married: 40.2%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 13.0%
- Divorced: 8.2%
1.2% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +9 (+3.9%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Minden City:
- DECKERVILLE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; DECKERVILLE, MI)
- HARBOR BEACH COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; HARBOR BEACH, MI)
- MCKENZIE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; SANDUSKY, MI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Minden City:
- BISHOP INTERNATIONAL (about 83 miles; FLINT, MI; Abbreviation: FNT)
- OAKLAND COUNTY INTERNATIONAL (about 84 miles; PONTIAC, MI; Abbreviation: PTK)
- DETROIT CITY (about 89 miles; DETROIT, MI; Abbreviation: DET)
Other public-use airports nearest to Minden City:
- INDIAN CREEK RANCH (about 13 miles; DECKERVILLE, MI; Abbreviation: 56G)
- SANDUSKY CITY (about 16 miles; SANDUSKY, MI; Abbreviation: Y83)
- HURON COUNTY MEMORIAL (about 16 miles; BAD AXE, MI; Abbreviation: BAX)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Minden City:
- ST CLAIR COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 59 miles; PORT HURON, MI; Full-time enrollment: 2,287)
- OAKLAND UNIVERSITY (about 75 miles; ROCHESTER HILLS, MI; Full-time enrollment: 11,424)
- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-FLINT (about 78 miles; FLINT, MI; Full-time enrollment: 4,544)
- MOTT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 79 miles; FLINT, MI; Full-time enrollment: 4,616)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-DETROIT CAMPUS (about 79 miles; TROY, MI; Full-time enrollment: 2,090)
- KETTERING UNIVERSITY (about 79 miles; FLINT, MI; Full-time enrollment: 2,900)
- BAKER COLLEGE OF FLINT (about 81 miles; FLINT, MI; Full-time enrollment: 2,734)