According to watchtutorials, Millersburg, Michigan is a small town located in the central part of the state, just south of Alma and north of Ithaca. The town was founded by two brothers, William and Charles Miller in 1868. It was named after them as a tribute to their hard work and dedication to the area.
The population of Millersburg is currently around 1,000 people. The small community is known for its friendly atmosphere and peaceful lifestyle. There are several churches in town that provide spiritual guidance for its residents. Many of these churches are over 100 years old and have been passed down from generation to generation.
The town also has a few restaurants that serve up classic American dishes such as burgers, fries, and milkshakes. There is also a local bakery that supplies fresh-baked goods such as pies, cakes, cookies, and more. If you’re looking for something to do on the weekends or during the summer months there are plenty of outdoor activities to choose from such as fishing at nearby lakes or going on nature hikes at one of the many parks located in the area.
One thing that sets Millersburg apart from other towns is its commitment to education. The Millersburg Public Schools district includes four different schools: an elementary school (K-5th grade), middle school (6th-8th grade), high school (9th-12th grade) and an early childhood center (preschool). All four schools offer an excellent education with many extracurricular activities available for students to take part in such as band, choir, sports teams, drama club and more!
According to ablogtophone, Millersburg is a great place to live if you’re looking for a safe community with strong values and plenty of things to do! Whether you’re looking for a quiet place to raise your family or a fun weekend getaway spot this small town has something for everyone.
Population: 263. Estimated population in July 2020: 257 (-2.3% change)
Males: 128 (48.7%), Females: 135 (51.3%)
Presque Isle County
Zip code: 49759
Median resident age: 35.9 years
Median household income: $24,063
Median house value: $38,800
Races in Millersburg:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.9%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (25.1%), Irish (21.7%), English (14.8%), French (10.6%), United States (10.6%), French Canadian (4.2%).
Elevation: 243 feet
Land area: 1.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Millersburg
- High school or higher: 72.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 9.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.8%
- Unemployed: 21.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 38.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Millersburg village
- Never married: 21.6%
- Now married: 57.2%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 10.3%
- Divorced: 10.8%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +13 (+5.2%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Millersburg:
- ROGERS CITY REHABILITATION HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; ROGERS CITY, MI)
- CHEBOYGAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 33 miles; CHEBOYGAN, MI)
- ALPENA GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 45 miles; ALPENA, MI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Millersburg:
- ALPENA COUNTY REGIONAL (about 40 miles; ALPENA, MI; Abbreviation: APN)
- OTSEGO COUNTY (about 50 miles; GAYLORD, MI; Abbreviation: GLR)
- PELLSTON REGIONAL AIRPORT OF EMMET COUNTY (about 53 miles; PELLSTON, MI; Abbreviation: PLN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Millersburg:
- LEO E. GOETZ COUNTY (about 12 miles; ONAWAY, MI; Abbreviation: Y96)
- PRESQUE ISLE COUNTY (about 19 miles; ROGERS CITY, MI; Abbreviation: PZQ)
- HILLMAN (about 20 miles; HILLMAN, MI; Abbreviation: Y95)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Millersburg:
- LAKE SUPERIOR STATE UNIVERSITY (about 80 miles; SAULT STE MARIE, MI; Full-time enrollment: 2,677)
- NORTHWESTERN MICHIGAN COLLEGE (about 111 miles; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Full-time enrollment: 2,343)
- NORTHWOOD UNIVERSITY (about 120 miles; MIDLAND, MI; Full-time enrollment: 2,784)
- SAGINAW VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (about 123 miles; UNIVERSITY CENTER, MI; Full-time enrollment: 6,216)
- DELTA COLLEGE (about 123 miles; UNIVERSITY CENTER, MI; Full-time enrollment: 5,117)
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY (about 134 miles; MT PLEASANT, MI; Full-time enrollment: 21,353)
- FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY (about 150 miles; BIG RAPIDS, MI; Full-time enrollment: 8,593)
Public primary/middle school in Millersburg:
- MILLERSBURG ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 85; Location: MAIN STREET; Grades: KG – 04)