According to Topbbacolleges, Lunenburg, Massachusetts is a small town located in Worcester County, about 25 miles north of Worcester. It is a charming and picturesque New England town, with a population of about 10,500 people. The town was first settled in 1718, and incorporated in 1728.
The town center is home to many historic buildings that have been preserved from the colonial period. These include the Lunenburg Town Hall, built in 1843; the Congregational Church, built in 1848; and the Unitarian Universalist Church, built in 1874. The historic district also includes several homes from various periods of time.
Lunenburg also boasts an impressive collection of 19th-century architecture along its main streets and side streets. These include Greek Revival homes, Italianate mansions, Second Empire residences and Victorian cottages. Many of these homes were originally built by wealthy merchants who made their fortunes in lumber or textiles during the Industrial Revolution.
The town center has several parks that are popular spots for visitors to take a break from sightseeing or shopping. Memorial Park features a gazebo and bandstand which hosts concerts throughout the summer months. In addition to Memorial Park there is Cushing Park which offers tennis courts and playgrounds for children as well as picnic areas for families to enjoy lunch outdoors during warm weather months.
According to Whicheverhealth, the downtown area is filled with unique shops offering everything from antiques to clothing stores to specialty food markets – all within walking distance! Visitors will also find numerous restaurants serving up cuisine from around the world including Mexican food at El Rodeo Mexican Grill & Bar or Italian dishes at La Trattoria restaurant.
In addition to its historic buildings and shops, Lunenburg has several museums that are worth visiting such as the Fitchburg Historical Society Museum or Old Sturbridge Village which offers visitors a glimpse into life during colonial times with its re-created village complete with costumed interpreters showing how life was lived back then!
Finally, no visit would be complete without taking in some of Lunenburg’s natural scenery such as Lake Whalom which provides opportunities for fishing, swimming or simply taking a leisurely stroll along its banks enjoying views of Mount Wachusett on one side and Mount Monadnock on the other! Additionally nearby wildlife sanctuaries such as Wachusett Meadow Wildlife Sanctuary offer visitors chances to observe native wildlife up close – perfect for nature lovers.
Population: 9,401. Estimated population in July 2020: 10,024 (+6.6% change)
Males: 4,655 (49.5%), Females: 4,746 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 39.4 years
Median household income: $56,812
Median house value: $157,300
Races in Lunenburg:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.2%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Black (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (18.9%), French (17.7%), Italian (16.9%), English (16.5%), French Canadian (9.5%), German (7.1%).
Elevation: 510 feet
Land area: 3.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lunenburg
- High school or higher: 88.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 31.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.1%
- Unemployed: 4.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lunenburg town
- Never married: 20.8%
- Now married: 63.0%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 8.8%
4.3% Foreign born (1.7% Europe, 1.2% North America, 0.8% Asia, 0.4% Latin America).
Hospitals/medical centers near Lunenburg:
- HEALTH ALLIANCE HOSPITALS INC (about 6 miles; LEOMINSTER, MA)
- DEACONESS – NASHOBA HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; AYER, MA)
- CLINTON HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION (about 13 miles; CLINTON, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lunenburg:
- WORCESTER REGIONAL (about 25 miles; WORCESTER, MA; Abbreviation: ORH)
- MANCHESTER (about 31 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; Abbreviation: MHT)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 32 miles; BEDFORD, MA; Abbreviation: BED)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lunenburg:
- FITCHBURG MUNI (about 4 miles; FITCHBURG, MA; Abbreviation: FIT)
- SHIRLEY (about 8 miles; SHIRLEY, MA; Abbreviation: 9B4)
- STERLING (about 13 miles; STERLING, MA; Abbreviation: 3B3)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lunenburg:
- FITCHBURG STATE COLLEGE (about 6 miles; FITCHBURG, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,660)
- MOUNT WACHUSETT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 19 miles; GARDNER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,023)
- QUINSIGAMOND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 21 miles; WORCESTER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,359)
- BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; WALTHAM, MA; Full-time enrollment: 4,444)
- WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (about 24 miles; WORCESTER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,426)
- ASSUMPTION COLLEGE (about 24 miles; WORCESTER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,356)
- WORCESTER STATE COLLEGE (about 24 miles; WORCESTER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,846)
Public high school in Lunenburg:
- LUNENBURG HIGH (Students: 589; Location: 1079 MASSACHUSETTS AVENUE; Grades: 09 – 12)
Private high school in Lunenburg:
- TWIN CITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 232; Location: 194 ELECTRIC AVE; Grades: PK – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Lunenburg:
- THOMAS C PASSIOS ELEM (Students: 649; Location: 1025 MASSACHUSETTS AVENUE; Grades: PK – 04)
- TURKEY HILL MIDDLE (Students: 592; Location: NORTHFIELD RD; Grades: 05 – 08)
Library in Lunenburg:
- RITTER MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $213,701; Location: 960 MASSACHUSETTS AVE.; 29,289 books; 1,742 audio materials; 1,165 video materials; 84 serial subscriptions)