According to Harvardshoes, Londonderry, Vermont is a small town situated in the beautiful Green Mountains of the state. With a population of just over 1,000 people, it is one of the smallest towns in Vermont. Despite its size, Londonderry offers visitors and residents alike a peaceful atmosphere and stunning scenery.
The town itself is centered around the historic Londonderry Town Hall, which was built in 1825. This impressive building serves as a reminder of the town’s long history and stands as an important landmark in the community. Just across from the Town Hall sits the quaint Londonderry Village Store, which has been serving locals since 1881. The store offers everything from groceries to hardware to souvenirs and more.
The centerpiece of Londonderry is its stunning mountain views. The surrounding countryside boasts rolling hills dotted with farms, forests, and riverside trails for hikers to explore. In winter months, nearby Magic Mountain Ski Resort provides skiing and snowboarding opportunities for all levels of ability. For those looking for something more relaxing, there are plenty of lakeside spots to enjoy swimming or fishing in summer months or ice skating during winter months.
For nature-lovers there are plenty of outdoor activities to choose from like biking on local trails or visiting nearby Stratton Mountain where you can take part in mountain biking or skiing/snowboarding lessons at their Adventure Center. There are also several hiking trails throughout town including one that takes you up to Stratton Pond where you can take in breathtaking views over the Green Mountains and beyond.
According to Health-beauty-guides, Londonderry also has plenty of cultural experiences to offer with annual events such as their 4th of July celebration that features live music and fireworks or their Harvest Festival which celebrates local farmers with food tastings and craft vendors selling handmade goods from around the area. There are also several art galleries located throughout town featuring works by local artists that showcase both traditional and contemporary styles of artistry that reflect on life in rural Vermont towns like Londonderry itself.
Whether you’re looking for an active vacation full of outdoor activities or just want to get away from it all and relax among some spectacular scenery – Londonderry has something for everyone! With its small-town charm, natural beauty, and friendly locals – it’s easy to see why so many people love calling this place home.
Population: 1,709. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,779 (+4.1% change)
Males: 864 (50.6%), Females: 845 (49.4%)
Median resident age: 41.5 years
Median household income: $42,669
Median house value: $121,900
Races in Londonderry:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.1%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
Ancestries: English (22.0%), Irish (15.6%), German (14.6%), United States (9.9%), French (7.8%), Italian (6.0%).
Elevation: 1151 feet
For population 25 years and over in Londonderry
- High school or higher: 88.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 29.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.4%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Londonderry town
- Never married: 23.4%
- Now married: 57.8%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 6.2%
- Divorced: 10.7%
4.1% Foreign born (2.6% Europe, 0.6% North America, 0.6% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +200 (+13.3%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Londonderry:
- GRACE COTTAGE HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; TOWNSHEND, VT)
- SPRINGFIELD HOSPITAL INC (about 24 miles; SPRINGFIELD, VT)
- BRATTLEBORO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 29 miles; BRATTLEBORO, VT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Londonderry:
- RUTLAND STATE (about 22 miles; RUTLAND, VT; Abbreviation: RUT)
- FLOYD BENNETT MEMORIAL (about 56 miles; GLENS FALLS, NY; Abbreviation: GFL)
- WESTOVER ARB/METROPOLITAN (about 75 miles; SPRINGFIELD/CHICOPEE, MA; Abbreviation: CEF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Londonderry:
- NORTH WINDHAM (about 8 miles; LONDONDERRY, VT; Abbreviation: 3N3)
- HARTNESS STATE (SPRINGFIELD) (about 22 miles; SPRINGFIELD, VT; Abbreviation: VSF)
- MOUNT SNOW (about 22 miles; WEST DOVER, VT; Abbreviation: 4V8)
Amtrak station near Londonderry:
- 14 miles: OKEMO (LUDLOW, OKEMO MOUNTAIN) – Seasonal Bus Station
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Londonderry:
- KEENE STATE COLLEGE (about 44 miles; KEENE, NH; Full-time enrollment: 4,049)
- WILLIAMS COLLEGE (about 47 miles; WILLIAMSTOWN, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,047)
- DARTMOUTH COLLEGE (about 52 miles; HANOVER, NH; Full-time enrollment: 5,309)
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 60 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,265)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-AMHERST (about 61 miles; AMHERST, MA; Full-time enrollment: 21,468)
- ADIRONDACK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 61 miles; QUEENSBURY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,182)
- SMITH COLLEGE (about 64 miles; NORTHAMPTON, MA; Full-time enrollment: 3,053)
Public primary/middle school in Londonderry:
- FLOOD BROOK USD #20 (Students: 299; Location: ROUTE 11; Grades: KG – 08)