Lincoln, New Hampshire Population, Schools and Landmarks

According to photionary, Lincoln, New Hampshire is located in the heart of the White Mountains region in Grafton County. It is bordered by the towns of Woodstock to the north, North Woodstock to the east, Campton to the south and Thornton to the west. The town has a population of approximately 1,800 people and covers an area of 46 square miles.

Woodstock is situated on Route 112 which is often referred to as The Kancamagus Highway. This scenic route takes travelers through some of New Hampshire’s most picturesque mountain scenery. It is home to numerous outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, fishing and canoeing. Woodstock also features several restaurants, art galleries and shops as well as a historic covered bridge.

North Woodstock is located on Route 3 which runs through the center of town connecting it with Lincoln and other nearby towns. It has a population of about 1,400 people and covers an area of approximately 18 square miles. It features a variety of outdoor activities such as skiing at Loon Mountain Resort or camping at Lost River Gorge & Boulder Caves. Additionally, there are several restaurants and stores that line Main Street making it a great place for visitors to explore.

Campton lies just south of Lincoln along Route 175 which connects it with Plymouth further south and Waterville Valley further north. It has a population of around 5,500 people and covers an area of 31 square miles. There are numerous outdoor activities available here such as skiing at Waterville Valley Resort or exploring one of its many trails for hiking or biking. Additionally, there are several restaurants and stores that line Main Street making it another great place for visitors to explore.

Finally, Thornton lies just west of Lincoln along Route 113 which connects it with Campton further south and Conway further north. It has a population of around 2,000 people and covers an area of around 25 square miles making it one of New Hampshire’s largest towns geographically speaking. There are numerous outdoor activities available here such as kayaking on Lake Winnipesaukee or exploring Mount Washington State Park where visitors can experience stunning views from its summit. Additionally, there are several restaurants and stores that line Main Street making it yet another great place for visitors to explore.

In conclusion, all four bordering towns offer travelers something unique while visiting Lincoln New Hampshire – from historic covered bridges to stunning mountain vistas – there’s something here for everyone. Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation these small towns have plenty to offer so come take advantage today.

Population of Lincoln, New Hampshire

Lincoln, New Hampshire

According to psyknowhow, Lincoln, New Hampshire is a small town situated in the heart of the beautiful White Mountains. With a population of just over 2,000 people, Lincoln is the quintessential small New England town. The majority of its residents are families and retirees who have called Lincoln home for generations.

The population of Lincoln is largely made up of native-born Americans, with nearly 85% of the population having been born in the United States. The remaining 15% are foreign-born, primarily from Italy (5%), Canada (4%), and France (2%).

Lincoln is home to a diverse range of ages. Over a quarter (27%) of its residents are under 18 years old and nearly one third (32%) are between 18 and 34 years old. About a third (33%) fall into the 35 to 64 age group while only 8% are 65 or older.

In terms of race and ethnicity, Lincoln’s population is predominantly white with about 87% identifying as such. The remaining 13% identify as either African American or Hispanic/Latino.

The median household income for Lincoln residents is around $50,000 per year while the median home value stands at approximately $230,000. As for education levels, almost two-thirds (62%) have obtained at least some college education while only 7% have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher.

Lincoln’s population is relatively small but it’s made up of diverse individuals from different backgrounds who all call this charming little town their home. With its close proximity to ski resorts, hiking trails and other outdoor activities it truly has something to offer everyone who visits.

Schools and education of Lincoln, New Hampshire

Lincoln, New Hampshire is served by the Lincoln School District which includes one elementary school, one middle school, and one high school. The elementary school serves students from pre-K to fourth grade while the middle school serves students in fifth through eighth grades. The high school serves students in grades nine through twelve.

The schools in Lincoln are highly regarded and are known for their excellent academic programs. Students have the opportunity to take advanced classes and participate in a variety of extracurricular activities including sports teams, clubs, and music and drama programs.

In terms of academic achievement, Lincoln students consistently perform well on state tests. On average they score higher than the state average on standardized tests such as the SATs and ACTs. Additionally, over 70% of Lincoln High School graduates go on to pursue higher education at four-year colleges or universities each year.

In addition to its public schools, Lincoln also offers a variety of private education options for families who prefer alternative schooling methods such as Montessori or Waldorf-inspired curriculums. There are also numerous private tutoring services available in town if parents wish to supplement their children’s education with additional help outside of the classroom.

Lincoln’s schools provide an excellent education for its residents and prepare them well for college and beyond. With its top-notch academics combined with its many extracurricular activities, it truly is an ideal place to get a quality education.

Landmarks in Lincoln, New Hampshire

Lincoln, New Hampshire is a small town with a lot of charm and character. It is home to a variety of landmarks that make it an interesting and unique place to visit.

One of the most iconic landmarks in Lincoln is the Old Man in the Mountain. This natural formation was first discovered in 1805 and is now a symbol of the state of New Hampshire. It consists of five granite slabs that form a profile resembling an old man’s face. The formation can be seen from many points in town, including from atop nearby Cannon Mountain.

Another popular landmark in Lincoln is the Loon Center. This center was founded in 1983 and serves as an educational facility dedicated to protecting loons, their habitat, and other wildlife species native to New Hampshire. Visitors can explore interactive exhibits, go on guided tours, or take part in various programs such as bird watching or nature photography classes.

The Clark’s Trading Post is another popular destination for visitors to Lincoln. This historical attraction has been around since 1928 and offers family-friendly activities such as rides on its famous steam train, live performances by trained bears, and more. Visitors can also explore the museum which features artifacts dating back to the early days of this family-run business.

Finally, no visit to Lincoln would be complete without taking some time to explore its many trails and outdoor recreation areas. From hiking trails that wind through lush forests to kayaking trips down rushing rivers – there’s something for everyone. The nearby Franconia Notch State Park also offers spectacular views of Mount Lafayette which can be enjoyed year-round.

These are just some of the landmarks that make up this charming town – there are plenty more waiting to be discovered. From breathtaking natural formations to historical attractions – Lincoln has something for everyone.