According to Whicheverhealth, Lewisville, North Carolina is a small but charming town located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is situated in Davidson County and is part of the Winston-Salem metropolitan area. With a population of about 3,400 people, Lewisville offers an inviting atmosphere for its residents and visitors alike.
The town was established in 1790 by Paul Lewis and named after his family’s ancestral home in England. It was incorporated as a town in 1857 and has since become a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts due to its close proximity to some of North Carolina’s best hiking trails, fishing spots and camping areas.
When visiting Lewisville, visitors can expect to experience a peaceful atmosphere full of southern hospitality. The downtown area offers many unique shops and restaurants that are sure to please any traveler. There are also plenty of parks located throughout the town that provide plenty of space for outdoor activities such as biking, fishing or just relaxing with friends or family.
One of the most interesting attractions in Lewisville is the Historic Downtown District which features several historic buildings including the Old Town Hall, built in 1855; The Old Bank Building; The Old Post Office; as well as several other buildings from the late 19th century that have been restored over time. These buildings are all listed on the National Register of Historic Places which makes them even more special to visit.
According to IAMACCEPTED, Lewisville is also home to some unique festivals throughout the year such as Music on Main Street which takes place every month during spring and summer months; Snow Day Festival which takes place annually in December; and Festival on Main Street which occurs each year around Labor Day weekend. All these events bring together locals and visitors alike who come out to enjoy live music, food vendors, arts & crafts booths, carnival rides and much more!
Overall, Lewisville is an ideal destination for those looking for a peaceful getaway with plenty of attractions nearby. Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities or local culture experiences – there’s something here for everyone.
Population: 8,826. Estimated population in July 2020: 9,547 (+8.2% change)
Males: 4,369 (49.5%), Females: 4,457 (50.5%)
Zip code: 27023
Median resident age: 38.0 years
Median household income: $64,571
Median house value: $145,500
Races in Lewisville:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.5%)
- Black (4.2%)
- Hispanic (1.2%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (17.7%), English (15.5%), United States (13.4%), Irish (10.5%), Scotch-Irish (4.4%), Italian (3.4%).
Elevation: 973 feet
Land area: 10.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lewisville
- High school or higher: 91.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 40.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.8%
- Unemployed: 2.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lewisville town
- Never married: 18.3%
- Now married: 69.9%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 3.9%
- Divorced: 6.3%
3.4% Foreign born (1.2% Asia, 1.2% Europe, 0.5% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +2,174 (+32.7%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Lewisville:
- AMOS COTTAGE REHABILITATION HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; WINSTON SALEM, NC)
- FORSYTH MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; WINSTON-SALEM, NC)
- MEDICAL PARK HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; WINSTON-SALEM, NC)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lewisville:
- SMITH REYNOLDS (about 14 miles; WINSTON SALEM, NC; Abbreviation: INT)
- PIEDMONT TRIAD INTERNATIONAL (about 34 miles; GREENSBORO, NC; Abbreviation: GSO)
- CHARLOTTE/DOUGLAS INTL (about 72 miles; CHARLOTTE, NC; Abbreviation: CLT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lewisville:
- SUGAR VALLEY (about 10 miles; MOCKSVILLE, NC; Abbreviation: 31A)
- TWIN LAKES (about 14 miles; MOCKSVILLE, NC; Abbreviation: 8A7)
- LONE HICKORY (about 19 miles; YADKINVILLE, NC; Abbreviation: 80C)
Amtrak station near Lewisville:
- 12 miles: WINSTON-SALEM (127 S. CHERRY ST.) – Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lewisville:
- FORSYTH TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 8 miles; WINSTON SALEM, NC; Full-time enrollment: 3,271)
- WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; WINSTON SALEM, NC; Full-time enrollment: 5,944)
- WINSTON-SALEM STATE UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; WINSTON-SALEM, NC; Full-time enrollment: 2,508)
- NORTH CAROLINA AGRICULTURAL AND TECHNICAL ST UNIV (about 28 miles; Greensboro, NC; Full-time enrollment: 6,970)
- HIGH POINT UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; HIGH POINT, NC; Full-time enrollment: 2,564)
- ROWAN-CABARRUS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 29 miles; SALISBURY, NC; Full-time enrollment: 2,499)
- GUILFORD TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 34 miles; JAMESTOWN, NC; Full-time enrollment: 4,810)
Private high school in Lewisville:
- FORSYTH COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL (Students: 722; Location: P O BOX 549; Grades: PK – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Lewisville:
- LEWISVILLE ELEMENTARY (Students: 568; Location: 6500 LUCY LANE; Grades: KG – 05)