The king cake escangalhado is one of several alternatives to the king cake traditional that have emerged. We leave you here a recipe of eat and cry for more.
The king cake escangalhado is already a delicious variable traditional.
This king cake does not use candied fruit, just dried fruit.
And if it is done by itself at home, with a lot of patience and affection, and is all the better.
And that this include the small in these traditions at christmas? They love to put the hand in the dough.
This recipe gives for the 2 beautiful cakes king escangalhados.
2 CAKE RECIPES KING ESCANGALHADO
1. KING CAKE ESCANGALHADO 1
– Ingredients for yeast dough –
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- 75 grams of baker’s yeast
- 1,5 dl of milk
– Mode of preparation of the yeast dough –
- Dissolve the yeast in warm milk.
- Add the flour, knead and let it prove for 30 minutes.
– Ingredients for cream pastry –
- 250 ml of water
- 250 ml of milk
- 150 grams of sugar
- 75 grams of flour without yeast
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
– Mode of preparation of custard –
- Join the flour, the sugar, the eggs and the egg yolks and stir well.
- Heat the mixture of milk and water until boiling.
- Join this mixture to the batter and stir well with the whisk.
- Heat and cook until desired consistency, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the cream to another container to stop the boil and not gain lumps. Book.
2. KING CAKE ESCANGALHADO 2
– Ingredients for the dough of the cake –
- 1 cup of rum
- 150 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of margarine softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 kg of wheat flour
- 10 grams of salt
- Grated rind of 1/2 orange
- Aroma of vanilla q. b.
- Milk qb
- Dried fruit to taste (chopped Walnuts, Almonds, Pine nuts, raisins, Apple rolled)
- Sweet chila
- Pineapple in tin
- Cherry in syrup
- Gel gloss cold (it is for sale in specialty stores)
– Mode of preparation of the dough of the cake –
- Leave the raisins to macerate in the rum.
- Beat the sugar with the margarine until obtain a creamy off-white.
- Add the eggs, then the flour with the salt, the grated rind of the orange and the vanilla, the rum and the raisins. Mash everything and then join the mass of yeast.
- Re-knead and check whether you need to add milk, in the case of the dough to be very stiff.
- Let it leaven: within a alguidar, make a ball with the dough and a cross on the same. Sprinkle with flour and cover with a cloth. The dough will be leavened when the cross stop to see.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts (one for each cake).
- Stretch the dough into rectangle shape with the roller.
- Barre the rectangle with custard and sprinkle the apple and the dried fruit to taste.
- Roll up like a pie.
- Cut the pie of the 2 sides, with 3 fingers of width between the cuts. Make cuts desencontrados of one side and the other. These cuts will allow the cake to bake better on the inside.
- Let stand for about 30 minutes, so that the mass is fluffy.
- Garnish with the sweet pumpkin, dried fruits and in the center place a slice of pineapple with a cherry in syrup in the hole of the pineapple.
- Bake in the oven pre-heated to 200º C, for about 30 minutes. You can use a toothpick to check if the cake is already really baked.
- Retire do forno e deixe arrefecer.
- Quando estiver frio, pincele com o gel de brilho para lhe dar aquele ar lindo e apetitoso!