According to ablogtophone, Huntington Beach, California is a vibrant beachside city located in Orange County, California. It is known for its long stretch of beautiful beaches, surfing culture, and laid-back atmosphere. With a population of over 200,000 people, Huntington Beach is the 6th largest city in Orange County.
The city’s main attraction is its 8.5 miles of pristine beaches and coastline along the Pacific Ocean. Surfing has been a part of the local culture for generations and it has been nicknamed “Surf City USA” due to the strong surf culture and numerous world-class surfing competitions held here each year. The Huntington Beach Pier stretches out 1,850 feet into the ocean and provides stunning views of the coastline. The pier also houses Ruby’s Diner which serves classic American diner fare with an ocean view!
Another popular destination in Huntington Beach is Main Street – a vibrant area full of shops, restaurants and bars that caters to locals as well as tourists alike. There are plenty of activities for visitors to enjoy such as biking trails along the beachfront or taking a stroll down Main Street to explore all it has to offer.
According to beautyphoon, the city also hosts several events throughout the year such as 4th of July celebrations, art festivals, and summer concerts at the pier amphitheater. In addition to these special events there are also numerous activities available for visitors including golfing at one of three public golf courses or visiting one of several museums located near downtown including the International Surfing Museum or Bolsa Chica State Beach Nature Center.
Huntington Beach has something for everyone – from outdoor activities such as swimming, surfing or biking to cultural attractions like museums or art galleries – making it an ideal destination for anyone looking for fun in the sun! With its relaxed atmosphere and stunning beaches, it’s no wonder why Huntington Beach continues to be one of California’s most popular beach towns.
Population: 189,594. Estimated population in July 2020: 194,457 (+2.6% change)
Males: 95,004 (50.1%), Females: 94,590 (49.9%)
Zip codes: 92646, 92647, 92648, 92649.
Median resident age: 36.0 years
Median household income: $64,824
Median house value: $311,800
Races in Huntington Beach:
- White Non-Hispanic (71.9%)
- Hispanic (14.7%)
- Other race (5.8%)
- Two or more races (3.9%)
- Vietnamese (2.9%)
- Chinese (1.9%)
- Japanese (1.6%)
- American Indian (1.5%)
- Filipino (1.0%)
- Korean (0.9%)
- Black (0.8%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
- Asian Indian (0.5%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (16.7%), Irish (13.4%), English (11.9%), Italian (7.1%), United States (4.4%), French (3.7%).
Elevation: 28 feet
Land area: 26.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Huntington Beach
- High school or higher: 89.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 36.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.2%
- Unemployed: 3.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Huntington Beach city
- Never married: 29.1%
- Now married: 52.8%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 4.8%
- Divorced: 11.4%
17.0% Foreign born (7.0% Asia, 6.0% Latin America, 2.6% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +6,165 (+3.4%).
Hospital/medical center in Huntington Beach:
- HUNTINGTON BEACH HOSPITAL (17772 BEACH BLVD)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Huntington Beach:
- FOUNTAIN VALLEY REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA)
- ORANGE COAST MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA)
- KINDRED HOSPITAL WESTMINSTER (about 5 miles; WESTMINSTER, CA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Huntington Beach:
- LOS ALAMITOS AAF (about 8 miles; LOS ALAMITOS, CA; Abbreviation: SLI)
- JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT-ORANGE COUNTY (about 10 miles; SANTA ANA, CA; Abbreviation: SNA)
- LONG BEACH /DAUGHERTY FIELD/ (about 14 miles; LONG BEACH, CA; Abbreviation: LGB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Huntington Beach:
- FULLERTON MUNI (about 13 miles; FULLERTON, CA; Abbreviation: FUL)
- COMPTON/WOODLEY (about 21 miles; COMPTON, CA; Abbreviation: CPM)
- ZAMPERINI FIELD (about 25 miles; TORRANCE, CA; Abbreviation: TOA)
Amtrak stations near Huntington Beach:
- 11 miles: NEWPORT BEACH (NEWPORT TRANS. CENTER, 1550 AVOCADO AVE.) – Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, public transit connection.
- 11 miles: SANTA ANA (1000 E. SANTA ANA BLVD.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 12 miles: ANAHEIM (2150 KATELLA AVE.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/Universities in Huntington Beach:
- GOLDEN WEST COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 7,000; Location: 15744 GOLDEN WEST; Public; Website: www.gwc.cccd.edu)
- THE ACADEMY OF RADIO BROADCASTING (Full-time enrollment: 232; Location: 16052 BEACH BLVD ST 263N; Private, for-profit)
- SOUTHERN STATES UNIVERSITY (Location: 16161 GOTHARD ST SOUTH ENTRANCE; Private, for-profit; Offers Master’s degree)
- CALIFORNIA COLLEGE OF PHYSICAL ARTS INC (Location: 18582 BEACH BLVD STE 14; Private, for-profit)
- RICHARDS BEAUTY COLLEGE (Location: 19060 BROOKHURST ST; Private, for-profit)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Huntington Beach:
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CAMPUS (about 4 miles; FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA; Full-time enrollment: 18,075)
- COASTLINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 4 miles; FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,940)
- CYPRESS COLLEGE (about 9 miles; CYPRESS, CA; Full-time enrollment: 10,446)
- SANTA ANA COLLEGE (about 10 miles; SANTA ANA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 12,082)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-LONG BEACH (about 11 miles; LONG BEACH, CA; Full-time enrollment: 25,195)
- BETHESDA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY (about 11 miles; ANAHEIM, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,342)
- LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE (about 12 miles; LONG BEACH, CA; Full-time enrollment: 11,108)
Public high schools in Huntington Beach:
- MARINA HIGH (Students: 2,607; Location: 15871 SPRINGDALE ST.; Grades: 09 – 12)
- HUNTINGTON BEACH HIGH (Students: 2,432; Location: 1905 MAIN ST.; Grades: 09 – 12)
- EDISON HIGH (Students: 2,299; Location: 21400 MAGNOLIA; Grades: 09 – 12)
- OCEAN VIEW HIGH (Students: 1,552; Location: 17071 GOTHARD ST.; Grades: 09 – 12)
- COAST HIGH (Students: 229; Location: 16666 TUNSTALL LANE; Grades: 09 – 12)
Private high school in Huntington Beach:
- BRETHREN CHRISTIAN JR/SR HIGH (Students: 429; Location: 21141 STRATHMOOR LN; Grades: 7 – 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Huntington Beach:
- SOWERS (ISAAC L.) MIDDLE (Students: 1,262; Location: 9300 INDIANAPOLIS; Grades: 06 – 08)
- DWYER (ETHEL) MIDDLE (Students: 1,252; Location: 1502 PALM AVE.; Grades: 06 – 08)
- SPRING VIEW MIDDLE (Students: 914; Location: 16662 TRUDY LANE; Grades: 06 – 08)
- STACEY MIDDLE (Students: 900; Location: 6311 LARCHWOOD DR.; Grades: 06 – 08)
- MARINE VIEW MIDDLE (Students: 899; Location: 5682 TILBURG DR.; Grades: 06 – 08)
- HARBOUR VIEW ELEMENTARY (Students: 808; Location: 4343 PICKWICK CIR.; Grades: KG – 05)
- OAK VIEW ELEMENTARY (Students: 799; Location: 17241 OAK LANE; Grades: KG – 05)
- MESA VIEW MIDDLE (Students: 775; Location: 17601 AVILLA LANE; Grades: 06 – 08)
- HOPE VIEW ELEMENTARY (Students: 689; Location: 17622 FLINTSTONE LANE; Grades: KG – 05)
- PETERSON (JOHN R.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 684; Location: 20661 FARNSWORTH LANE; Grades: KG – 05)
Library in Huntington Beach:
- HUNTINGTON BEACH LIBRARY (Operating income: $7,507,811; Location: 7111 TALBERT AVE.; 448,238 books; 8,599 audio materials; 8,463 video materials; 589 serial subscriptions)