According to fun-wiki, Homeland is a small unincorporated community located in Riverside County, California. It is situated about 15 miles east of Temecula and just over 60 miles from Los Angeles. The population of Homeland as of the 2010 census was 6,960 people.
The area was first settled by farmers in the late 1800s and is still primarily agricultural today. The rolling hills and valleys are filled with vineyards, citrus groves, nurseries, and other farms that grow avocados, almonds, olives, walnuts and other crops. Homeland also has a few small businesses including a post office, two gas stations/convenience stores and a few family-owned restaurants.
The town has its own school district which serves the children in grades K-8th grade. The high school students attend nearby Perris High School or Temecula Valley High School which are both part of the Temecula Valley Unified School District.
According to growtheology, the town does not have its own police department but relies on the Riverside Sheriff’s Department for law enforcement services. The nearest hospital is Menifee Valley Medical Center which is located about 8 miles away in Menifee.
Residents enjoy a rural lifestyle with plenty of open space for outdoor activities such as riding horses or four wheelers as well as camping and fishing at nearby Lake Skinner or Diamond Valley Lake. There are several parks in the area including Gavilan Hills County Park which offers hiking trails and picnic areas along with some great views of the valley below.
Homeland also hosts some annual events such as the Homeland Days Festival each fall where local businesses set up booths to show off their products while providing entertainment for visitors throughout the day. There’s also an annual Easter egg hunt held at one of the local parks each year along with various other community events hosted by churches or civic groups throughout the year such as car shows or barbecues to bring people together to celebrate life in this close-knit community.
Overall Homeland provides a peaceful atmosphere that many people find appealing when they’re looking for an escape from city life while still remaining close enough to all major cities like Los Angeles, San Diego or Las Vegas if desired for weekend getaways or day trips out of town when needed.
Males: 1,775 (47.8%), Females: 1,935 (52.2%)
Zip code: 92548
Median resident age: 44.1 years
Median household income: $20,607
Median house value: $46,000
Races in Homeland:
- White Non-Hispanic (66.8%)
- Hispanic (29.7%)
- Other race (13.9%)
- Two or more races (3.7%)
- American Indian (2.4%)
- Black (0.8%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (10.6%), English (10.2%), Irish (9.0%), United States (7.6%), Scotch-Irish (2.2%), French (2.0%).
Elevation: 1608 feet
Land area: 3.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Homeland
- High school or higher: 65.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 5.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.0%
- Unemployed: 14.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Homeland CDP
- Never married: 18.5%
- Now married: 55.8%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 11.2%
- Divorced: 12.2%
11.9% Foreign born (10.0% Latin America).
Hospitals/medical centers near Homeland:
- VALLEY PLAZA DOCTORS HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; PERRIS, CA)
- MORENO VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER (about 14 miles; MORENO VALLEY, CA)
- RIVERSIDE COUNTY REGIONAL MEDICAL CTR (about 14 miles; MORENO VALLEY, CA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Homeland:
- MARCH ARB (about 13 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; Abbreviation: RIV)
- SAN BERNARDINO INTERNATIONAL (about 25 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Abbreviation: SBD)
- ONTARIO INTL (about 40 miles; ONTARIO, CA; Abbreviation: ONT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Homeland:
- HEMET-RYAN (about 7 miles; HEMET, CA; Abbreviation: HMT)
- PERRIS VALLEY (about 8 miles; PERRIS, CA; Abbreviation: L65)
- FRENCH VALLEY (about 13 miles; MURRIETA/TEMECULA, CA; Abbreviation: F70)
Amtrak stations near Homeland:
- 8 miles: HEMET (COCOS REST., 3246 FLORIDA AVE.) – Bus Station
- 8 miles: PERRIS (B.W. PERRIS INN, 480 REDLANDS AVE.) – Bus Station
- 16 miles: BEAUMONT (550 BEAUMONT AVE.) – Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public restrooms, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Homeland:
- MOUNT SAN JACINTO COLLEGE (about 12 miles; SAN JACINTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 4,731)
- UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS (about 21 miles; REDLANDS, CA; Full-time enrollment: 4,106)
- CRAFTON HILLS COLLEGE (about 21 miles; YUCAIPA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,722)
- RIVERSIDE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 23 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; Full-time enrollment: 10,798)
- SAN BERNARDINO VALLEY COLLEGE (about 29 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 6,100)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SAN BERNARDINO (about 36 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 11,953)
- SADDLEBACK COLLEGE (about 38 miles; MISSION VIEJO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 9,777)