According to growtheology, Heyburn, Idaho is a small city located in the south-central part of the state. It is situated along the Snake River and is home to a population of around 2,000 people. The city was founded in 1891 by two ranchers, John A. Heyburn and William J. Heyburn, and has been known as “The Little City with Big Heart” ever since.
The city offers a wide range of activities for residents to enjoy throughout the year. There are plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities nearby including hiking trails, campgrounds, fishing spots, and parks. In town there are several restaurants and shops to explore as well as a variety of local events such as weekly farmers markets, annual festivals like the Heyburn Days celebration that takes place in June each year, and more.
For those looking for educational opportunities there are a number of primary schools in the area including Heyburn Elementary School and Heyburn Junior High School which both offer quality education for students from kindergarten through 8th grade. In addition, there is Minico High School which serves students from grades 9-12 in the area who are looking to further their education beyond what can be found at their local schools.
In terms of transportation options there are several bus routes that run through town that connect it to other cities within Idaho such as Twin Falls and Burley as well as larger cities like Boise which is about an hour away by car or bus. For those who prefer to travel by air there is an airport located just outside of town that services both commercial airlines such as Delta Airlines and charter flights operated by private companies like Sun Valley Airlines or Jet Air Charter Services among others.
According to homethodology.com, Heyburn offers its residents a small town atmosphere with plenty of amenities for them to enjoy throughout the year including outdoor recreation opportunities, educational options from primary school through high school levels, transportation options within Idaho or beyond its borders via air travel and more.
Population: 2,899. Estimated population in July 2020: 2,755 (-5.0% change)
Males: 1,429 (49.3%), Females: 1,470 (50.7%)
Zip code: 83336
Median resident age: 31.3 years
Median household income: $31,685
Median house value: $67,100
Races in Heyburn:
- White Non-Hispanic (68.2%)
- Hispanic (28.4%)
- Other race (20.1%)
- Two or more races (3.1%)
- American Indian (2.1%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: English (18.1%), German (15.0%), United States (12.8%), Irish (6.3%), Italian (3.1%), Danish (2.5%).
Elevation: 4152 feet
Land area: 1.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Heyburn
- High school or higher: 71.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 10.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.1%
- Unemployed: 6.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 16.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Heyburn city
- Never married: 22.5%
- Now married: 58.8%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 5.6%
- Divorced: 12.0%
8.7% Foreign born (7.3% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +246 (+9.3%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Heyburn:
- CASSIA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; BURLEY, ID)
- MINIDOKA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; RUPERT, ID)
- MAGIC VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 50 miles; TWIN FALLS, ID)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Heyburn:
- JOSLIN FIELD – MAGIC VALLEY RGNL (about 51 miles; TWIN FALLS, ID; Abbreviation: TWF)
- FRIEDMAN MEMORIAL (about 75 miles; HAILEY, ID; Abbreviation: SUN)
- POCATELLO REGIONAL (about 85 miles; POCATELLO, ID; Abbreviation: PIH)
Other public-use airports nearest to Heyburn:
- BURLEY MUNI (about 2 miles; BURLEY, ID; Abbreviation: BYI)
- OAKLEY MUNI (about 24 miles; OAKLEY, ID; Abbreviation: 1U6)
- HAZELTON MUNI (about 26 miles; HAZELTON, ID; Abbreviation: U94)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Heyburn:
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN IDAHO (about 50 miles; TWIN FALLS, ID; Full-time enrollment: 3,433)
- IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY (about 101 miles; POCATELLO, ID; Full-time enrollment: 10,057)
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY (about 144 miles; LOGAN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 16,384)
- WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY (about 157 miles; OGDEN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 12,112)
- RICKS COLLEGE (about 167 miles; REXBURG, ID; Full-time enrollment: 8,670)
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH (about 182 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 19,866)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-UTAH CAMPUS (about 183 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 2,021)
Public primary/middle school in Heyburn:
- HEYBURN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 394; Location: 1431 17TH STREET; Grades: KG – 05)