Hayti, South Dakota Population, Schools and Landmarks

According to homethodology, Hayti, South Dakota is a small town located in the southeastern corner of the state. It is bordered by several other towns and cities, each with their own unique history and culture.

To the north of Hayti lies Watertown, a city of nearly 25,000 people that was founded in 1872. Watertown is home to Lake Kampeska which provides excellent swimming and fishing opportunities for visitors. The city also boasts several historic buildings such as the Watertown Armory which was built in 1917 and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

To the east of Hayti is Castlewood, a small town of about 1,000 people. Castlewood was founded in 1883 and is known for its many historic buildings including the Castlewood Opera House which was built in 1891 and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The town also features a variety of unique shops and restaurants which make it a popular destination for visitors.

Further south of Hayti lies Bryant, another small town with a population of around 500 people. Bryant was founded in 1887 and is home to several historic buildings such as the Old City Hall which was built in 1890 and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The town also hosts an annual festival each summer which brings together local artisans to showcase their work.

Finally, to the west of Hayti lies Florence, a city with over 50,000 residents that was founded in 1883. Florence boasts many attractions such as the Children’s Museum of South Dakota, the Sioux Falls Zoo, and several historic buildings including the Florence County Courthouse which was built in 1888 and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Population of Hayti, South Dakota

According to bridgat, Hayti, South Dakota is a small town located in the southeastern corner of the state. It has a population of approximately 700 people, according to the 2010 census. The majority of the population is white, making up 95% of the total population. The remaining 5% is made up of African American, Hispanic and Native American residents.

The median age in Hayti is 39 years old, with 24% of the population under 18 years old and 10% over 65 years old. The gender ratio in Hayti is almost even with 51% male and 49% female residents.

The median household income in Hayti is $37,857 per year, which is lower than both the state and national averages. However, unemployment rates in Hayti are much lower than both state and national averages at only 3%.

The largest industry in Hayti is manufacturing which employs approximately 25% of the population. Other industries include retail trade (17%), health care (14%) and construction (13%). Education and services make up most of the remaining jobs available in this small town.

The majority of Hayti’s residents are native to South Dakota with 68% having been born in-state. The remaining 32% are from other states or countries outside the United States. The most common foreign countries for immigrants to be from are Mexico (14%), India (7%) and China (4%).

Hayti, South Dakota

Schools and Education of Hayti, South Dakota

Hayti, South Dakota is home to a few schools that are part of the South Dakota School District. The town is served by two elementary schools: Hayti Elementary School and Florence Elementary School. Both of these schools offer classes from kindergarten through fifth grade.

The town also has a middle school, Hayti Middle School, which offers education to students in grades 6-8. Finally, there is a high school in Hayti, Florence High School, which offers education to students in grades 9-12.

In addition to the public school system, there are also several private schools and daycare centers located in Hayti. These include St. Joseph’s Catholic School and St. Elizabeth’s Daycare Center.

Education is important in Hayti and the town prides itself on its commitment to providing quality education for its students. The public school system offers several extracurricular activities such as sports teams and clubs that give students an opportunity to explore their interests outside of the classroom.

The town also takes part in several educational programs such as the South Dakota Reading Corps, which helps prepare children for success in school by providing them with literacy resources and support from volunteers. Additionally, the town participates in educational initiatives such as South Dakota GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness & Readiness for Undergraduate Programs), which helps high school students prepare for college entrance exams and college admissions processes.

Landmarks in Hayti, South Dakota

Hayti, South Dakota is home to several unique landmarks that help make the town a great place to live. One of the most popular landmarks in Hayti is the historic Hayti Opera House. This building was built in 1884 and was used as a meeting place for local residents. Today, it still stands as a reminder of the town’s history and is open to visitors who wish to explore its historic significance.

The Hayti Historic Downtown District is another popular landmark in town. This district includes several buildings from the 1800s and early 1900s that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Visitors can stroll through this area and take in all of its old-timey charm while learning more about Hayti’s past.

Hayti also has several parks that serve as popular landmarks within the community. The most notable park in town is Riverside Park, which features a playground, basketball court, picnic tables, and access to the Big Sioux River. Another popular park is McPherson Park, which has two baseball fields as well as a pavilion for community events.

Finally, one of Hayti’s most beloved landmarks is its water tower. Standing at over 200 feet tall, this tower was built in 1922 and serves as a reminder of years gone by when water towers were commonplace throughout small towns across America. Today, it still stands proudly over Hayti and serves as an iconic symbol of this quaint South Dakota town.