According to biotionary, Harrison, Idaho is a small town located in Kootenai County, in the northern part of the state. It is situated in an area of rolling hills and forests, and is surrounded by beautiful scenery. The area is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, including camping, fishing, hunting, and hiking.
Harrison was founded in 1883 by two brothers who were looking to establish a trading post. They named the town after one of their relatives who had served in the Civil War. The town quickly grew into a bustling hub for local farmers and ranchers. In 1908 it became an incorporated city with a population of about 500 people.
Harrison has always been a tight-knit community with strong ties to its roots. The small-town atmosphere is alive and well today – you’ll find friendly locals who will welcome you with open arms! There are several family-owned businesses that have been around for generations, offering everything from home goods to automotive services.
The area also offers plenty of recreational opportunities for those looking to get outside and explore nature. There are several parks located near Harrison that offer hiking trails as well as fishing spots along the riverbanks. In addition, there are numerous lakes nearby where visitors can go swimming or boating during the warmer months of the year.
According to bittranslators, Harrison also has many cultural attractions that make it unique among Idaho towns: it hosts an annual arts festival each summer which features live music performances as well as art exhibits; it also hosts an annual rodeo every August; and there’s a museum dedicated to local history which showcases artifacts from the early days of Harrison’s founding.
Overall, Harrison is a charming small town with plenty of character and charm! It’s perfect for those looking to escape from busy city life while still enjoying all that nature has to offer! With its friendly locals, outdoor activities galore and cultural attractions – you won’t be disappointed if you decide to visit this lovely Idaho gem.
Population: 267. Estimated population in July 2020: 282 (+5.6% change)
Males: 129 (48.3%), Females: 138 (51.7%)
Zip code: 83833
Median resident age: 46.1 years
Median household income: $35,750
Median house value: $104,900
Races in Harrison:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.9%)
- Two or more races (1.9%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- American Indian (1.1%)
- Chinese (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (25.5%), Irish (20.2%), English (14.6%), Scottish (8.2%), Norwegian (6.7%), Swedish (6.7%).
Elevation: 2200 feet
Land area: 0.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Harrison
- High school or higher: 89.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 29.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.3%
- Unemployed: 7.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Harrison city
- Never married: 17.3%
- Now married: 56.1%
- Separated: 4.6%
- Widowed: 8.0%
- Divorced: 13.9%
1.5% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +35 (+15.1%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Harrison:
- KOOTENAI MEDICAL CENTER (about 15 miles; COEUR D’ALENE, ID)
- BENEWAH COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; SAINT MARIES, ID)
- VALLEY HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER (about 34 miles; SPOKANE, WA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Harrison:
- COEUR D’ALENE AIR TERM (about 22 miles; COEUR D’ALENE, ID; Abbreviation: COE)
- SPOKANE INTL (about 54 miles; SPOKANE, WA; Abbreviation: GEG)
- PULLMAN/MOSCOW REGIONAL (about 54 miles; PULLMAN/MOSCOW,ID, WA; Abbreviation: PUW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Harrison:
- BROOKS (about 15 miles; COEUR D’ALENE, ID; Abbreviation: S76)
- ST MARIES MUNI (about 18 miles; ST MARIES, ID; Abbreviation: S72)
- WILLARD FIELD (about 23 miles; TEKOA, WA; Abbreviation: 73S)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Harrison:
- NORTH IDAHO COLLEGE (about 15 miles; COEUR D’ALENE, ID; Full-time enrollment: 2,988)
- SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 43 miles; SPOKANE, WA; Full-time enrollment: 5,564)
- UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO (about 43 miles; MOSCOW, ID; Full-time enrollment: 9,823)
- GONZAGA UNIVERSITY (about 48 miles; SPOKANE, WA; Full-time enrollment: 3,860)
- SPOKANE FALLS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 51 miles; SPOKANE, WA; Full-time enrollment: 6,284)
- EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 58 miles; CHENEY, WA; Full-time enrollment: 7,852)
- WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY (about 74 miles; PULLMAN, WA; Full-time enrollment: 18,110)
Public high school in Harrison:
- KOOTENAI JR-SR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 136; Location: 13030 EAST O’GARA ROAD; Grades: 07 – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Harrison:
- HARRISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 152; Location: 13030 EAST O’GARA ROAD; Grades: PK – 06)