According to deluxesurveillance, Grangeville is a small town in the foothills of Idaho’s Salmon River Mountains. It is located approximately 130 miles north of Boise, and is the county seat of Idaho County. The town was originally founded in 1895 by miners, who named it after the Grangeville Mining District. Since then, Grangeville has grown to become a thriving community with a population of around 2,000 people.
The town is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery including rolling hills and deep forests. The nearby mountains provide plenty of outdoor recreational opportunities such as hiking, camping, fishing and hunting. There are also several lakes in the area that are popular for swimming, boating and other water sports.
The main street of Grangeville is lined with charming shops and restaurants that offer locals and visitors alike a taste of Idaho culture. Grangeville also has its own library, museum and community center where visitors can learn more about the area’s history and culture.
According to electronicsmatter, Grangeville hosts several annual events including its famous Fourth of July celebration which includes fireworks and live music performances. The town also hosts an annual rodeo which draws competitors from all over the region to compete for cash prizes. Additionally, there are numerous local festivals throughout the year that celebrate local culture such as the Salmon River Festival which celebrates local artisanship with music, food vendors and art shows.
Throughout Grangeville you will find plenty of places to stay if you’re looking for an extended stay in this small mountain town – from bed & breakfasts to cabins to RV parks for those who prefer camping outdoors. There are also a number of RV dealerships located around Grangeville so you can purchase or rent your own vehicle if needed during your visit to this unique part of Idaho.
Grangeville offers a peaceful atmosphere combined with plenty of outdoor activities that make it an ideal place to visit or even call home! Whether you’re looking for a peaceful retreat or an exciting adventure in nature – you won’t be disappointed by visiting Grangeville.
Population: 3,228. Estimated population in July 2020: 3,151 (-2.4% change)
Males: 1,508 (46.7%), Females: 1,720 (53.3%)
Zip code: 83530
Median resident age: 41.6 years
Median household income: $27,984
Median house value: $80,200
Races in Grangeville:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.7%)
- American Indian (1.7%)
- Hispanic (1.6%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
- Other race (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (36.0%), English (15.6%), Irish (13.8%), Swedish (4.9%), Dutch (4.6%), United States (3.6%).
Elevation: 3670 feet
Land area: 1.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Grangeville
- High school or higher: 84.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 15.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.7%
- Unemployed: 10.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 11.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Grangeville city
- Never married: 17.5%
- Now married: 55.0%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 11.8%
- Divorced: 13.8%
1.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -14 (-0.4%).
Hospital/medical center in Grangeville:
- SYRINGA GENERAL HOSPITAL (607 WEST MAIN STREET)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Grangeville:
- ST MARYS HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; COTTONWOOD, ID)
- CLEARWATER VALLEY HOSPITAL (about 39 miles; OROFINO, ID)
- ST JOSEPH REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 68 miles; LEWISTON, ID)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Grangeville:
- LEWISTON-NEZ PERCE COUNTY (about 68 miles; LEWISTON, ID; Abbreviation: LWS)
- PULLMAN/MOSCOW REGIONAL (about 88 miles; PULLMAN/MOSCOW,ID, WA; Abbreviation: PUW)
- COEUR D’ALENE AIR TERM (about 136 miles; COEUR D’ALENE, ID; Abbreviation: COE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Grangeville:
- IDAHO COUNTY (about 1 miles; GRANGEVILLE, ID; Abbreviation: S80)
- COTTONWOOD MUNI (about 16 miles; COTTONWOOD, ID; Abbreviation: S84)
- KOOSKIA MUNI (about 17 miles; KOOSKIA, ID; Abbreviation: S82)
GRANGEVILLE (U.S. HWY 95) – Bus Station. Services: public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Grangeville:
- LEWIS-CLARK STATE COLLEGE (about 68 miles; LEWISTON, ID; Full-time enrollment: 2,213)
- UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO (about 74 miles; MOSCOW, ID; Full-time enrollment: 9,823)
- WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY (about 123 miles; PULLMAN, WA; Full-time enrollment: 18,110)
- NORTH IDAHO COLLEGE (about 128 miles; COEUR D’ALENE, ID; Full-time enrollment: 2,988)
- EASTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY (about 142 miles; LA GRANDE, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,192)
- EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 148 miles; CHENEY, WA; Full-time enrollment: 7,852)
- SPOKANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 149 miles; SPOKANE, WA; Full-time enrollment: 5,564)
Public high school in Grangeville:
- GRANGEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 304; Location: 910 SOUTH D STREET; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Grangeville:
- GRANGEVILLE ELEM-JR HIGH SCH (Students: 525; Location: 400 IDAHO STREET; Grades: PK – 08)
Private primary/middle school in Grangeville:
- STS PETER & PAUL SCHOOL (Students: 67; Location: 330 SOUTH B STREET; Grades: 1 – 8)
Library in Grangeville:
- GRANGEVILLE CENTENNIAL (Operating income: $29,337; Location: 215 W NORTH ST; 13,944 books; 219 audio materials; 387 video materials; 28 serial subscriptions)