According to fun-wiki, Glenview, Kentucky is a small city located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in the state of Kentucky. The city is situated in the north-central part of Kentucky, about 15 miles south of Louisville and 25 miles north of Lexington. It has a population of around 8,000 people and is part of Jefferson County.
Glenview was originally founded as Glenview Station in 1815 by Henry Clay, who owned a large estate nearby. The town was incorporated in 1884 and named after Clay’s estate. In its early days, Glenview was known for its coal mining operations, which were instrumental to the development of the town.
Today, Glenview is home to several businesses such as restaurants, retail stores, banks, and other services. It also has two parks: Schuler Park and Glendale Park. Schuler Park features an outdoor amphitheater for concerts and plays during the summer months as well as walking trails and picnic areas. Glendale Park includes a swimming pool with a splash pad for children’s activities as well as baseball fields and basketball courts.
The city also has plenty to offer visitors looking for entertainment or relaxation options; there are several golf courses located nearby that offer stunning views of rolling hillsides while providing challenging courses for golfers at all levels. The city also offers fishing opportunities at Taylorsville Lake where anglers can fish for bass or catfish while enjoying some beautiful scenery along with it.
According to growtheology, Glenview also offers plenty of cultural attractions including several museums such as the Thomas Edison House Museum that showcases artifacts from Thomas Edison’s life and inventions; or The Historic Railroad Museum which houses historical locomotives from various eras; or even The National Corvette Museum which celebrates America’s favorite sports car with more than 70 cars on display from all eras of production.
Overall Glenview is an excellent place to visit whether you are looking for an exciting day out filled with outdoor activities or if you just want to take it easy by exploring some local culture or taking in some breathtaking views; this small town has something for everyone.
Population: 558. Estimated population in July 2020: 636 (+14.0% change)
Males: 275 (49.3%), Females: 283 (50.7%)
Median resident age: 48.3 years
Median household income: $161,571
Median house value: $598,500
Races in Glenview:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.9%)
- Asian Indian (1.6%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Other race (0.7%)
- Other Asian (0.7%)
Ancestries: English (18.5%), German (17.9%), Scottish (10.9%), Irish (10.4%), United States (9.5%), French (3.2%).
Elevation: 440 feet
Land area: 1.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Glenview
- High school or higher: 100.0%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 72.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 40.9%
- Unemployed: 1.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 16.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Glenview city
- Never married: 18.4%
- Now married: 74.1%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 3.4%
- Divorced: 3.2%
7.9% Foreign born (2.5% Europe, 2.2% Asia, 1.6% Latin America, 1.6% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: -113 (-16.8%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Glenview:
- BAPTIST HOSP EAST (about 4 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY)
- TEN BROECK DUPONT INC (about 4 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY)
- CLARK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; JEFFERSONVILLE, IN)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Glenview:
- LOUISVILLE INTL-STANDIFORD FIELD (about 12 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; Abbreviation: SDF)
- COLUMBUS MUNI (about 67 miles; COLUMBUS, IN; Abbreviation: BAK)
- BLUE GRASS (about 76 miles; LEXINGTON, KY; Abbreviation: LEX)
Other public-use airports nearest to Glenview:
- BOWMAN FIELD (about 7 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; Abbreviation: LOU)
- CLARK COUNTY (about 7 miles; JEFFERSONVILLE, IN; Abbreviation: JVY)
- HOLIDAY INN LAKEVIEW (about 7 miles; CLARKSVILLE, IN; Abbreviation: 1I6)
Amtrak station near Glenview:
- 7 miles: LOUISVILLE/JEFFERSONVILLE (JEFFERSONVILLE, 500 WILLINGER LANE). Services: enclosed waiting area, public payphones, snack bar, taxi stand, intercity bus service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Glenview:
- SULLIVAN UNIVERSITY (about 7 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,342)
- BELLARMINE UNIVERSITY (about 7 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,030)
- JEFFERSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 8 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; Full-time enrollment: 5,290)
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE (about 9 miles; LOUISVILLE, KY; Full-time enrollment: 15,514)
- INDIANA UNIVERSITY-SOUTHEAST (about 12 miles; NEW ALBANY, IN; Full-time enrollment: 4,355)
- ELIZABETHTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 44 miles; ELIZABETHTOWN, KY; Full-time enrollment: 2,217)
- UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY (about 82 miles; LEXINGTON, KY; Full-time enrollment: 20,492)