According to Ezinesports, Glenns Ferry, Idaho is a small city located in Elmore County. It lies along the Snake River near the Oregon border and is about 50 miles southeast of Boise. The town is home to about 1,400 people, and it has a rural feel with some modern amenities.
The area around Glenns Ferry was first settled by ranchers in the late 1800s and early 1900s. It was named after William Glenn, who established a ferry service across the Snake River here in 1888. The ferry provided an important link between Oregon and Idaho for settlers moving westward. Today, there are still two ferries operating at this location – one for cars and one for pedestrians – which provide another connection between the two states.
According to Fashionissupreme, Glenns Ferry is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities. In particular, it’s a great spot for fishing on the Snake River, hunting in nearby mountains and wilderness areas, and camping at local campgrounds or dispersed sites on public land. The town also has several parks with picnic areas, playgrounds, and other amenities that make it ideal for family outings or just relaxing with friends or family members.
The city of Glenns Ferry also offers plenty of shopping opportunities along its Main Street corridor and other nearby commercial districts. You’ll find everything from unique boutiques to national chains like Walmart Supercenter or Lowe’s Home Improvement Store here in town. There are also several restaurants serving up delicious local cuisine as well as fast food options if you’re looking for something quick to eat before heading out on your next adventure!
Finally, Glenns Ferry has some excellent schools that serve students from kindergarten through twelfth grade. The schools are part of the Elmore County Joint School District No 1, which provides quality educational opportunities to all students living in this area of Idaho.
Overall, Glenns Ferry is an ideal spot to settle down if you’re looking for a peaceful rural lifestyle with access to plenty of outdoor activities nearby as well as modern comforts such as shopping centers and restaurants located within town limits.
Population: 1,611. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,451 (-9.9% change)
Males: 818 (50.8%), Females: 793 (49.2%)
Zip code: 83623
Median resident age: 36.1 years
Median household income: $26,379
Median house value: $69,600
Races in Glenns Ferry:
- White Non-Hispanic (70.8%)
- Hispanic (26.4%)
- Other race (9.7%)
- Two or more races (3.4%)
- American Indian (2.4%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (14.5%), English (12.8%), Irish (12.5%), United States (8.3%), Norwegian (2.8%), Dutch (2.4%).
Elevation: 2560 feet
Land area: 1.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Glenns Ferry
- High school or higher: 70.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 12.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.0%
- Unemployed: 13.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Glenns Ferry city
- Never married: 20.6%
- Now married: 59.0%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 7.6%
- Divorced: 10.5%
13.6% Foreign born (12.5% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +291 (+22.0%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Glenns Ferry:
- ELMORE MEDICAL CENTER (about 29 miles; MOUNTAIN HOME, ID)
- GOODING COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 42 miles; GOODING, ID)
- ST BENEDICT’S FAMILY MEDICAL CENTER (about 61 miles; JEROME, ID)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Glenns Ferry:
- JOSLIN FIELD – MAGIC VALLEY RGNL (about 66 miles; TWIN FALLS, ID; Abbreviation: TWF)
- BOISE AIR TERMINAL/GOWEN FLD (about 76 miles; BOISE, ID; Abbreviation: BOI)
- FRIEDMAN MEMORIAL (about 80 miles; HAILEY, ID; Abbreviation: SUN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Glenns Ferry:
- GLENNS FERRY MUNI (about 2 miles; GLENNS FERRY, ID; Abbreviation: U89)
- MOUNTAIN HOME MUNI (about 31 miles; MOUNTAIN HOME, ID; Abbreviation: U76)
- PINE (about 35 miles; PINE, ID; Abbreviation: 1U9)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Glenns Ferry:
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN IDAHO (about 65 miles; TWIN FALLS, ID; Full-time enrollment: 3,433)
- BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 74 miles; BOISE, ID; Full-time enrollment: 12,033)
- IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY (about 208 miles; POCATELLO, ID; Full-time enrollment: 10,057)
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY (about 253 miles; LOGAN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 16,384)
- EASTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY (about 253 miles; LA GRANDE, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,192)
- RICKS COLLEGE (about 257 miles; REXBURG, ID; Full-time enrollment: 8,670)
- WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY (about 262 miles; OGDEN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 12,112)
Public high school in Glenns Ferry:
- GLENNS FERRY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 200; Location: 545 NORTH BANNOCK STREET; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Glenns Ferry:
- GLENNS FERRY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 258; Location: 545 NORTH BANNOCK STREET; Grades: PK – 05)
- GLENNS FERRY MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 126; Location: 545 NORTH BANNOCK STREET; Grades: 06 – 08)
Library in Glenns Ferry:
- GLENNS FERRY PUBLIC (Operating income: $30,012; Location: 204 E 2ND; 10,474 books; 100 audio materials; 6 video materials)