According to ACRONYMMONSTER, Gardiner, Montana is a small town located in Park County, near the border of Yellowstone National Park. It is home to just over 500 people and is known for its breathtaking views of the surrounding mountain ranges and its abundance of outdoor activities.
The town was established in 1880 by miners who were looking to capitalize on the area’s gold rush. The town grew quickly and soon boasted several saloons, hotels, and stores. Today, Gardiner remains a close-knit community with a strong sense of tradition and community pride.
One of the most popular attractions in Gardiner is Yellowstone National Park. Just outside of town lies one of the most iconic parks in North America, filled with wildlife, geothermal features, and stunning landscapes. Visitors can take advantage of a variety of activities such as camping, hiking, fishing, horseback riding, boating and more.
According to Topbbacolleges, Gardiner also offers plenty to do for those who prefer to stay closer to home. The nearby Yellowstone River offers great white water rafting opportunities for adventure seekers while YNP’s Roosevelt Arch provides a great backdrop for an afternoon picnic or BBQ with friends or family. For those looking to relax while still enjoying nature there are plenty of options such as fly fishing or bird watching at the nearby Lamar Valley or visiting one of Gardiner’s many hot springs where visitors can soak up some healing minerals in their own private pool.
For those looking for something more cultural there are plenty options available around Gardiner as well including art galleries featuring local artists work as well as museums showcasing regional history from Native Americans to early settlers who called this region their home.
Gardiner is a great place to visit all year round but summertime is especially magical when visitors can take full advantage of all that this small Montana town has to offer! Whether you’re looking for an adventure packed vacation or just want some peace and relaxation Gardiner has something for everyone.
Males: 418 (49.1%), Females: 433 (50.9%)
Zip code: 59030
Median resident age: 39.3 years
Median household income: $30,125
Median house value: $142,500
Races in Gardiner:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.8%)
- American Indian (1.5%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (32.8%), English (14.8%), Irish (13.2%), Norwegian (6.3%), United States (5.3%), Scottish (4.6%).
Elevation: 5314 feet
Land area: 3.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Gardiner
- High school or higher: 94.0%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 28.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.7%
- Unemployed: 11.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 12.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Gardiner CDP
- Never married: 30.9%
- Now married: 49.9%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 2.8%
- Divorced: 15.2%
2.7% Foreign born (1.3% Europe, 0.6% Asia, 0.5% North America, 0.4% Latin America).
Hospitals/medical centers near Gardiner:
- LIVINGSTON HEALTHCARE (CAH) (about 46 miles; LIVINGSTON, MT)
- BOZEMAN DEACONESS HOSPITAL (about 50 miles; BOZEMAN, MT)
- MADISON VALLEY HOSPITAL CAH (about 71 miles; ENNIS, MT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Gardiner:
- YELLOWSTONE (about 37 miles; WEST YELLOWSTONE, MT; Abbreviation: WYS)
- GALLATIN FIELD (about 59 miles; BOZEMAN, MT; Abbreviation: BZN)
- JACKSON HOLE (about 99 miles; JACKSON, WY; Abbreviation: JAC)
Other public-use airports nearest to Gardiner:
- GARDINER (about 2 miles; GARDINER, MT; Abbreviation: 29S)
- MISSION FIELD (about 49 miles; LIVINGSTON, MT; Abbreviation: LVM)
- HENRY’S LAKE (about 53 miles; LAKE/ISLAND PARK/, ID; Abbreviation: U53)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Gardiner:
- MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY-BOZEMAN (about 43 miles; BOZEMAN, MT; Full-time enrollment: 10,380)
- RICKS COLLEGE (about 110 miles; REXBURG, ID; Full-time enrollment: 8,670)
- MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY-BILLINGS (about 162 miles; BILLINGS, MT; Full-time enrollment: 3,105)
- IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY (about 199 miles; POCATELLO, ID; Full-time enrollment: 10,057)
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY (about 248 miles; LOGAN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 16,384)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA-MISSOULA (about 272 miles; MISSOULA, MT; Full-time enrollment: 11,112)
- WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY (about 278 miles; OGDEN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 12,112)
Public high school in Gardiner:
- GARDINER HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 93; Location: PO BOX 26; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Gardiner:
- GARDINER SCHOOL (Students: 109; Location: PO BOX 26; Grades: PK – 06)
- GARDINER 7-8 (Students: 37; Location: PO BOX 26; Grades: 07 – 08)