According to Topbbacolleges, Ft Mitchell, Kentucky is a small city located in northern Kentucky, near the city of Cincinnati. It has a population of just over 8,000 people and is part of the larger Covington-Newport metropolitan area.
The city was originally founded in 1793 by General James Taylor and named after his son, Fort Mitchell. The area was originally settled by Native Americans who were later displaced by European settlers. The area was primarily agricultural until the 1950s when it began to develop as a bedroom community for Cincinnati commuters.
Today, Ft Mitchell is known for its small-town charm and friendly atmosphere. There are several local businesses that cater to residents and visitors alike, including restaurants, shops, and services. Many of these businesses have been in operation for decades or longer and are often family-owned establishments that have been passed down through generations.
According to Whicheverhealth, Ft Mitchell is home to two parks: Beechwood Park and Summit Park. Beechwood Park is located on the west side of town and features picnic areas, playgrounds, walking paths, athletic fields, tennis courts, basketball courts, horseshoe pits and more. Summit Park offers hiking trails as well as a disc golf course. There are also several public golf courses located in the area for those looking to get out on the green.
In addition to its parks and recreational activities, Ft Mitchell also offers plenty of cultural attractions such as art galleries and museums like the Behringer-Crawford Museum which focuses on local history from prehistoric times through World War II. The city also hosts several annual festivals such as Oktoberfest which celebrates German heritage with traditional music and food each fall; Arts & Crafts Fair which showcases handmade items from local artisans; Music & Art Festival which features live music performances; Harvest Festival which celebrates autumn with pumpkins and hayrides; Christmas Parade; Easter Egg Hunt; Fourth of July Fireworks Display; Halloween Parade; Summer Concert Series at Beechwood Park; Taste of Ft Mitchell Food Festival featuring cuisine from local restaurants; Summer Movie Nights at Beechwood Park showing classic films throughout the summer months; Concerts in the Park featuring live music performances throughout the summer months at Summit Park Amphitheater; Annual Car Show at Beechwood Park showcasing classic cars from all over Northern Kentucky.; Farmers Market held every Saturday during summer months offering locally grown produce from area farmers.; ice skating rink open during winter months offering public skating sessions.;
In conclusion, Ft Mitchell offers plenty to do for residents or visitors alike! With its small-town charm combined with plenty of recreational activities and cultural attractions there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Population: 8,089. Estimated population in July 2020: 7,605 (-6.0% change)
Males: 3,850 (47.6%), Females: 4,239 (52.4%)
Zip code: 41017
Median resident age: 36.2 years
Median household income: $46,335
Median house value: $151,700
Races in Fort Mitchell:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.5%)
- Black (1.0%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (40.6%), Irish (22.1%), English (10.9%), United States (8.9%), Italian (5.9%), French (3.4%).
Land area: 3.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fort Mitchell
- High school or higher: 91.3%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 37.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.2%
- Unemployed: 1.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fort Mitchell city
- Never married: 31.7%
- Now married: 51.7%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 5.3%
- Divorced: 10.3%
2.6% Foreign born (1.0% Europe, 0.8% Latin America, 0.4% Asia, 0.3% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: +465 (+6.1%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Fort Mitchell:
- HEALTH SOUTH NORTHERN (about 1 miles; EDGEWOOD, KY)
- ST ELIZABETH MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; COVINGTON, KY)
- MERCY FRANCISCAN HOSP WESTERN HILLS (about 6 miles; CINCINNATI, OH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fort Mitchell:
- CINCINNATI/NORTHERN KENTUCKY INTERNATIONAL (about 7 miles; COVINGTON/CINCINNATI, OH, KY; Abbreviation: CVG)
- CINCINNATI MUNI AIRPORT LUNKEN FIELD (about 11 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; Abbreviation: LUK)
- AIRBORNE AIRPARK (about 60 miles; WILMINGTON, OH; Abbreviation: ILN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fort Mitchell:
- MAYS (about 15 miles; NEWTOWN, OH; Abbreviation: 1W4)
- CINCINNATI-BLUE ASH (about 18 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; Abbreviation: ISZ)
- ACTION AIRPARK (about 19 miles; HARDENSTOWN, IN; Abbreviation: I38)
Amtrak station near Fort Mitchell:
- 5 miles: CINCINNATI (1301 WESTERN AVE.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, taxi stand.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fort Mitchell:
- CINCINNATI STATE TECHNICAL AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 8 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; Full-time enrollment: 3,972)
- UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI-MAIN CAMPUS (about 9 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; Full-time enrollment: 22,355)
- XAVIER UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; CINCINNATI, OH; Full-time enrollment: 4,977)
- NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KY; Full-time enrollment: 9,668)
- UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI-RAYMOND WALTERS COLLEGE (about 16 miles; BLUE ASH, OH; Full-time enrollment: 2,266)
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD (about 34 miles; OXFORD, OH; Full-time enrollment: 15,704)
- WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 53 miles; DAYTON, OH; Full-time enrollment: 11,734)
Public high schools in Fort Mitchell:
- DIXIE HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,172; Location: 3010 DIXIE HWY; Grades: 09 – 12)
- BEECHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 471; Location: 54 BEECHWOOD RD; Grades: 07 – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Fort Mitchell:
- BEECHWOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 500; Location: 54 BEECHWOOD RD; Grades: PK – 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Fort Mitchell:
- LAKESIDE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH K (Students: 250; Location: 2690 DIXIE HIGHWAY; Grades: PK – KG)
- NORTHERN KY MONTESSORI CENTER (Students: 54; Location: 232 BEECHWOOD ROAD; Grades: PK – KG)