According to Fashionissupreme, Fine, New York is a small village located in the St. Lawrence County in the northern region of New York. This area is known for its stunning landscapes, lush forests, and crystal clear rivers and lakes. It is also home to a wide variety of wildlife that can be seen throughout the year.
The village of Fine was founded in 1796 by William Fine, a Revolutionary War veteran and his wife who had moved to the area from New Jersey. Since then, it has grown into an idyllic community with a population of just over 1,000 people. The village is surrounded by natural beauty and offers plenty of outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy such as camping, hiking, fishing, boating, snowmobiling and more!
The town has two main streets – Main Street and Center Street – which are lined with charming old-fashioned shops that sell antiques and handmade crafts. There are also several restaurants to choose from including Italian cuisine at Mama G’s Pizza and Mexican food at La Cocina Mexicana.
In addition to its great outdoors offerings, the village of Fine also provides many cultural activities for its residents to enjoy such as art shows at the Fine Arts Center or plays put on by local theater groups at the Fine Community Theater. There are also several churches located within the village that provide spiritual guidance for its residents as well as a library which houses books on all sorts of topics from history to literature.
The nearby Salmon River State Forest provides hiking trails through beautiful woods full of wildlife such as black bears, deer and bald eagles while nearby Cranberry Lake State Park offers swimming opportunities along with boat rentals so visitors can explore this deep lake full of trout and bass fish!
According to Harvardshoes, Fine is located close enough to major cities like Syracuse and Rochester so residents can take advantage of all that those cities have to offer while still maintaining their small-town charm. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures or cultural activities there’s something for everyone in this quaint little village.
Population: 1,622. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,622 (0.0% change)
Males: 802 (49.4%), Females: 820 (50.6%)
St. Lawrence County
Zip code: 13639
Median resident age: 42.2 years
Median household income: $32,112
Median house value: $39,900
Races in Fine:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.0%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Black (0.7%)
Ancestries: French (15.4%), United States (14.0%), Irish (13.7%), English (12.8%), French Canadian (11.0%), German (8.0%).
Elevation: 960 feet
For population 25 years and over in Fine
- High school or higher: 75.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 10.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 13.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fine town
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 58.0%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 9.5%
- Divorced: 8.1%
1.8% Foreign born
Hospitals/medical centers near Fine:
- CLIFTON FINE HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; STAR LAKE, NY)
- E J NOBLE-GOUVERNEUR (about 23 miles; GOUVERNEUR, NY)
- CANTON POTSDAM HOSPITAL (about 31 miles; POTSDAM, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fine:
- OGDENSBURG INTL (about 36 miles; OGDENSBURG, NY; Abbreviation: OGS)
- WHEELER-SACK AAF (about 43 miles; FORT DRUM, NY; Abbreviation: GTB)
- MASSENA INTL-RICHARDS FIELD (about 52 miles; MASSENA, NY; Abbreviation: MSS)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fine:
- MOORES (about 12 miles; DEGRASSE, NY; Abbreviation: 1E8)
- HENDRICKS FIELD (about 20 miles; GOUVERNEUR, NY; Abbreviation: 1K0)
- POTSDAM MUNI/DAMON FLD/ (about 33 miles; POTSDAM, NY; Abbreviation: PTD)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fine:
- CLARKSON UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; POTSDAM, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,832)
- ST LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; CANTON, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,010)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT POTSDAM (about 31 miles; POTSDAM, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,885)
- JEFFERSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 57 miles; WATERTOWN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,454)
- MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-UTICA BRANCH (about 80 miles; UTICA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,768)
- HERKIMER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 84 miles; HERKIMER, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,141)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF AGRIC AND TECHN AT MORRISVILLE (about 98 miles; MORRISVILLE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,790)