According to foodezine, Fillmore, Utah is a small city located in central Utah, about 120 miles south of Salt Lake City. It is the county seat of Millard County and is home to just over 2,100 people. The city was founded in 1851 by Latter-day Saint settlers and was named after U.S. President Millard Fillmore.
Fillmore has a unique history as the first capital of the State of Deseret, which was established by the LDS Church in the mid-1800s before Utah became a state. The original capitol building still stands today and is now a museum that houses artifacts from the early days of Fillmore’s existence.
The city has a rich cultural heritage with many historic buildings throughout town that have been preserved and restored to their original condition. These include several churches, homes, and other structures from the pioneer era that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are also several parks located within Fillmore’s borders that provide residents with plenty of outdoor recreational activities such as camping, fishing, hiking, biking, and more.
According to fun-wiki, Fillmore is known for its agricultural industry; it is home to many farms that produce fruits and vegetables for sale throughout Utah and beyond. There are also several businesses located in town that cater to tourists visiting from around the world including restaurants, shops, galleries and hotels.
The town has a strong sense of community pride with various events held throughout the year such as an annual rodeo during Memorial Day weekend as well as an annual Pioneer Days celebration in July that includes parades, carnivals and more! There are also plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation nearby including fishing on local lakes or taking part in ATV rides through nearby trails and canyons; there’s something for everyone!
Fillmore is an excellent place to live with its friendly small-town atmosphere combined with all its cultural attractions; it truly has something for everyone.
Population: 2,253. Estimated population in July 2020: 2,178 (-3.3% change)
Males: 1,117 (49.6%), Females: 1,136 (50.4%)
Zip code: 84631
Median resident age: 29.8 years
Median household income: $31,719
Median house value: $88,800
Races in Fillmore:
- White Non-Hispanic (84.6%)
- Hispanic (11.2%)
- Other race (3.5%)
- American Indian (1.9%)
- Other Asian (1.9%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: English (33.0%), German (9.5%), Danish (8.0%), United States (5.8%), Irish (5.4%), Swedish (3.7%).
Elevation: 5135 feet
Land area: 5.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fillmore
- High school or higher: 83.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 15.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.5%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 13.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fillmore city
- Never married: 22.6%
- Now married: 61.3%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 8.0%
- Divorced: 7.2%
8.7% Foreign born (7.5% Latin America, 1.0% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +283 (+14.4%).
Hospital/medical center in Fillmore:
- FILLMORE COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER (674 SOUTH HIGHWAY 99)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Fillmore:
- SEVIER VALLEY HOSPITAL (about 22 miles; RICHFIELD, UT)
- DELTA COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER (about 31 miles; DELTA, UT)
- GUNNISON VALLEY HOSPITAL (about 37 miles; GUNNISON, UT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fillmore:
- PROVO MUNI (about 96 miles; PROVO, UT; Abbreviation: PVU)
- CEDAR CITY REGIONAL (about 102 miles; CEDAR CITY, UT; Abbreviation: CDC)
- SALT LAKE CITY INTL (about 128 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Abbreviation: SLC)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fillmore:
- FILLMORE (about 2 miles; FILLMORE, UT; Abbreviation: U19)
- RICHFIELD MUNI (about 24 miles; RICHFIELD, UT; Abbreviation: RIF)
- DELTA MUNI (about 30 miles; DELTA, UT; Abbreviation: DTA)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fillmore:
- SNOW COLLEGE (about 59 miles; EPHRAIM, UT; Full-time enrollment: 2,632)
- UTAH VALLEY STATE COLLEGE (about 100 miles; OREM, UT; Full-time enrollment: 14,182)
- SOUTHERN UTAH UNIVERSITY (about 102 miles; CEDAR CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 5,091)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY (about 104 miles; PROVO, UT; Full-time enrollment: 29,977)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-UTAH CAMPUS (about 120 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 2,021)
- SALT LAKE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 121 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 11,896)
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH (about 129 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 19,866)
Public high school in Fillmore:
- MILLARD HIGH (Students: 336; Location: 200 W EAGLE AVE; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Fillmore:
- FILLMORE ELEM SCH (Students: 372; Location: 555 W 400 S; Grades: PK – 04)
- FILLMORE MIDDLE (Students: 315; Location: 435 S 500 W; Grades: 05 – 08)
Library in Fillmore:
- PRESIDENT MILLARD FILLMORE LIBRARY (Operating income: $94,356; Location: 25 SOUTH 100 WEST; 21,772 books; 587 audio materials; 404 video materials; 19 serial subscriptions)