According to ablogtophone, Fallon, Nevada is a small city located in the western part of the state. It’s situated in Churchill County and is located about 65 miles east of Reno and 60 miles west of Carson City. The population of Fallon is around 8,000 people, making it the largest city in the county.
Fallon has been nicknamed “The Oasis of Nevada” due to its location in an area that receives very little rain. The area is known for its hot and dry desert climate, with temperatures often reaching over 100°F during summer months.
One of Fallon’s most popular attractions is the Churchill County Museum, which showcases artifacts from local Native American tribes, as well as other historical items from the region. Other popular attractions include Lahontan State Recreation Area, a large lake just outside of town; Topaz Lake, which offers great fishing opportunities; and Grimes Point Archaeological Area, where visitors can see ancient petroglyphs and explore ancient ruins.
Due to its location near several major military bases (including Naval Air Station Fallon), Fallon also serves as a hub for military personnel and their families. In addition to being a great place to live for those connected to the military, it provides plenty of employment opportunities for civilians as well.
According to beautyphoon, education is a big part of life in Fallon; there are several elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, and private schools throughout the town. There’s also Western Nevada College – Fallon Campus (WNC-FC), which offers students an opportunity to pursue their Associate’s degree or Certificate program close to home.
In addition to all these educational opportunities, there are plenty of recreation options available in Fallon too! Residents can enjoy swimming at one of several public pools or take advantage of many outdoor activities like hiking or camping at nearby Lahontan State Recreation Area or Grimes Point Archaeological Area. There are also many golf courses available throughout town if you prefer something more leisurely!
Overall, Fallon is a great place to live if you’re looking for some peace and quiet away from big city life! With its low cost of living and easy access to all sorts of activities both indoors and outdoors – it’s no wonder why so many people choose this small Nevada town as their home.
Population: 7,536. Estimated population in July 2020: 8,103 (+7.5% change)
Males: 3,686 (48.9%), Females: 3,850 (51.1%)
Zip codes: 89406.
Median resident age: 32.3 years
Median household income: $35,935
Median house value: $96,000
Races in Fallon:
- White Non-Hispanic (76.5%)
- Hispanic (9.9%)
- American Indian (4.7%)
- Two or more races (4.5%)
- Filipino (3.6%)
- Other race (3.4%)
- Black (2.0%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (19.3%), Irish (14.2%), English (11.1%), French (4.5%), Italian (4.4%), United States (3.1%).
Elevation: 3963 feet
Land area: 3.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fallon
- High school or higher: 83.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 13.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.8%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fallon city
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 51.1%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 9.7%
- Divorced: 14.4%
7.5% Foreign born (3.8% Asia, 2.8% Latin America, 0.8% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,367 (+22.2%).
Hospital/medical center in Fallon:
- CHURCHILL COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (801 EAST WILLIAMS AVENUE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Fallon:
- SCHURZ PHS INDIAN HOSPITAL (about 36 miles; SCHURZ, NV)
- SOUTH LYON MEDICAL CENTER (about 43 miles; YERINGTON, NV)
- PERSHING GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 58 miles; LOVELOCK, NV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fallon:
- RENO/TAHOE INTERNATIONAL (about 69 miles; RENO, NV; Abbreviation: RNO)
- LAKE TAHOE (about 93 miles; SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA; Abbreviation: TVL)
- MAMMOTH YOSEMITE (about 128 miles; MAMMOTH LAKES, CA; Abbreviation: MMH)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fallon:
- FALLON MUNI (about 4 miles; FALLON, NV; Abbreviation: FLX)
- FALLON NAS /VAN VOORHIS FLD/ (about 8 miles; FALLON, NV; Abbreviation: NFL)
- TIGER FLD (about 32 miles; FERNLEY, NV; Abbreviation: N58)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fallon:
- TRUCKEE MEADOWS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 71 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 4,615)
- WESTERN NEVADA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 74 miles; Carson City, NV; Full-time enrollment: 2,167)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA-RENO (about 93 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 10,375)
- SIERRA COLLEGE (about 177 miles; ROCKLIN, CA; Full-time enrollment: 9,313)
- AMERICAN RIVER COLLEGE (about 186 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 13,984)
- MERCED COLLEGE (about 189 miles; MERCED, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,482)
- YUBA COLLEGE (about 192 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,593)
Public high schools in Fallon:
- CHURCHILL CO HS (Students: 1,347; Location: 1222 SOUTH TAYLOR STREET; Grades: 09 – 12)
- GATEWAYS TO SUCCESS CHARTER (Students: 53; Location: 905 TAYLOR PLACE; Grades: 09 – 12)
- HOMEBOUND (Location: 545 E. RICHARDS STREET; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Fallon:
- CHURCHILL CO JHS (Students: 749; Location: 650 SOUTH MAINE STREET; Grades: 07 – 08)
- BEST, E. C. ELEM (Students: 581; Location: 750 EAST WILLIAMS; Grades: PK – 06)
- NUMA ELEM (Students: 568; Location: 601 DISCOVERY DRIVE; Grades: KG – 06)
- LAHONTAN ELEM (Students: 425; Location: 1099 MERTON DRIVE; Grades: KG – 06)
- WEST END ELEM (Students: 396; Location: 280 SOUTH RUSSELL; Grades: KG – 06)
- NORTHSIDE ELEM (Students: 382; Location: 340 VENTURACCI PLACE; Grades: KG – 06)
- COTTAGE ELEM (Students: 52; Location: 255 EAST STILLWATER; Grades: PK – PK)
Private primary/middle school in Fallon:
- FALLON S D A CHURCH SCHOOL (Students: 24; Location: 380 E FRONT ST; Grades: KG – 8)
Library in Fallon:
- CHURCHILL COUNTY LIBRARY (Operating income: $468,865; Location: 553 SOUTH MAINE STREET; 71,952 books; 8,906 audio materials; 4,088 video materials; 87 serial subscriptions)