According to growtheology, Fairview, Oregon is a small city located in Multnomah County, Oregon. It has a population of approximately 8,500 people and is part of the Portland metropolitan area. The city was founded in 1901 and is named after the nearby Fairview Mountain.
The city has a quiet suburban feel and offers residents a variety of amenities. It is home to several parks and recreational areas, including Fairview Park, which features a playground and picnic areas, as well as walking trails that lead to nearby Mount Hood National Forest. There are also several golf courses in the area, including the 18-hole Stone Creek Golf Course and the 9-hole Quail Valley Golf Course.
Fairview also boasts an array of shopping options for its residents. There are several local boutiques, as well as big box stores like Walmart and Target located near downtown Fairview. The city also has plenty of restaurants ranging from fast food to fine dining establishments like La Provence French Bistro.
According to IAMACCEPTED, the school district in Fairview consists of four elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school (Fairview High School), and three private schools (St. Matthew’s Catholic School; St Joseph’s Academy; and East Columbia Christian Academy). The district offers its students an array of academic opportunities including Advanced Placement classes, career technical education programs, dual credit courses through local colleges such as Portland Community College and Mt Hood Community College, and an International Baccalaureate program at the high school level.
Fairview’s economy is primarily based on its retail industry which includes major employers such as Walmart Supercenter; Fred Meyer; Home Depot; Lowe’s; Safeway; Walgreens; Starbucks Coffee Company; Burger King; Taco Bell/KFC; Dairy Queen/Orange Julius/DQ Grill & Chill; CVS Pharmacy/Caremark Pharmacy Services Inc.; Subway Sandwiches & Salads; McDonald’s Restaurants USA LLC.; Panda Express Inc.; Burger King Corporation Inc.; Taco Bell Corp.; Jack In The Box Inc., among many others. Additionally Fairview hosts many small businesses that cater to local needs such as salons, auto repair shops and florists amongst others.
Overall Fairview offers its residents a peaceful suburban atmosphere with plenty of amenities for all lifestyles from young families to retirees alike – making it the perfect place to call home.
Population: 7,561. Estimated population in July 2020: 9,327 (+23.4% change)
Males: 3,831 (50.7%), Females: 3,730 (49.3%)
Zip code: 97024
Median resident age: 30.1 years
Median household income: $40,931
Median house value: $184,900
Races in Fairview:
- White Non-Hispanic (72.0%)
- Hispanic (16.0%)
- Other race (10.5%)
- Two or more races (5.6%)
- Black (3.0%)
- American Indian (2.0%)
- Other Asian (1.3%)
- Vietnamese (0.7%)
- Filipino (0.5%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (21.0%), Irish (13.1%), English (9.8%), United States (6.5%), Norwegian (6.5%), Swedish (3.1%).
Land area: 3.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fairview
- High school or higher: 81.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 14.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 6.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fairview city
- Never married: 25.6%
- Now married: 54.7%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 12.4%
15.4% Foreign born (10.5% Latin America, 3.2% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +4,787 (+172.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Fairview:
- LEGACY MOUNT HOOD MEDICAL CENTER (about 3 miles; GRESHAM, OR)
- WOODLAND PARK HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; PORTLAND, OR)
- ADVENTIST MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; PORTLAND, OR)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fairview:
- PORTLAND INTL (about 11 miles; PORTLAND, OR; Abbreviation: PDX)
- MC MINNVILLE MUNI (about 54 miles; MC MINNVILLE, OR; Abbreviation: MMV)
- MCNARY FLD (about 59 miles; SALEM, OR; Abbreviation: SLE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fairview:
- PORTLAND-TROUTDALE (about 3 miles; PORTLAND, OR; Abbreviation: TTD)
- GROVE FIELD (about 6 miles; CAMAS, WA; Abbreviation: 1W1)
- EVERGREEN FIELD (about 8 miles; VANCOUVER, WA; Abbreviation: 59S)
Amtrak stations near Fairview:
- 17 miles: PORTLAND (800 NW 6TH AVE.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 17 miles: OREGON CITY (1757 WASHINGTON ST.)
- 19 miles: VANCOUVER (FOOT OF W. 11TH ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fairview:
- MT HOOD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 3 miles; GRESHAM, OR; Full-time enrollment: 4,867)
- PORTLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 6 miles; Portland, OR; Full-time enrollment: 12,132)
- CLACKAMAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; OREGON CITY, OR; Full-time enrollment: 3,446)
- CLARK COLLEGE (about 18 miles; VANCOUVER, WA; Full-time enrollment: 5,106)
- PORTLAND STATE UNIVERSITY (about 20 miles; PORTLAND, OR; Full-time enrollment: 13,255)
- LEWIS AND CLARK COLLEGE (about 20 miles; PORTLAND, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,795)
- UNIVERSITY OF PORTLAND (about 21 miles; PORTLAND, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,683)
Public primary/middle schools in Fairview:
- REYNOLDS MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 951; Location: 1200 NE 201ST AVE; Grades: 06 – 08)
- WOODLAND ELEMENTARY (Students: 491; Location: 21607 NE GLISAN; Grades: KG – 05)
- FAIRVIEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 491; Location: 225 MAIN ST; Grades: KG – 05)