According to growtheology, Fairburn, Georgia is a city located in Fulton County, just 25 miles south of downtown Atlanta. It has a population of just over 13,000 and is considered part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. Fairburn was founded in 1854 and incorporated as a city in 1908. The city was named after U.S. Senator John Macpherson Berrien’s plantation home, Fairburn Place.
Fairburn is known for its historic downtown district which includes a variety of unique shops, restaurants, and galleries. The area also contains several historic buildings such as the former City Hall (now the Fairburn Museum), the old First National Bank building (now the Old Bank Antiques & Collectibles), and the former post office (now a restaurant).
The surrounding area features several parks including Camp Creek Marketplace Shopping Center, Westlake Park and Nature Preserve, and Campbellton Park. There are also several golf courses nearby including Wolf Creek Golf Course, Creekside Golf Course, and Whitewater Creek Country Club.
According to homethodology.com, Fairburn is also home to some interesting attractions such as the Georgia Renaissance Festival which takes place every spring at nearby Fairburn Farmstead Park; the Willie Aikens Baseball Museum; and the Georgia State Railroad Museum which offers tours of abandoned railroads throughout Georgia.
The city is served by two public school systems: Fulton County Schools and Clayton County Public Schools. There are also several private schools located in or near Fairburn such as Mount Zion Christian Academy and Trinity Christian School.
For those looking for entertainment or nightlife options there are plenty of bars, restaurants, clubs, movie theaters, bowling alleys and more around town to choose from.
Overall Fairburn has something for everyone whether they’re looking for outdoor activities or cultural attractions like museums or art galleries; shopping destinations; educational opportunities; or nightlife spots to have fun with friends or family members! With its convenient location near Atlanta it’s easy to get to all that this thriving city has to offer.
Population: 5,464. Estimated population in July 2020: 8,564 (+56.7% change)
Males: 2,659 (48.7%), Females: 2,805 (51.3%)
Zip code: 30213
Median resident age: 33.3 years
Median household income: $39,679
Median house value: $93,200
Races in Fairburn:
- Black (47.6%)
- White Non-Hispanic (37.6%)
- Hispanic (13.0%)
- Other race (6.5%)
- Two or more races (1.8%)
- American Indian (1.0%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: United States (9.1%), English (6.0%), German (6.0%), Irish (3.6%), Subsaharan African (2.2%), French (1.3%).
Elevation: 1016 feet
Land area: 7.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fairburn
- High school or higher: 77.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 18.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 5.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fairburn city
- Never married: 26.4%
- Now married: 49.9%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 13.1%
7.8% Foreign born (6.5% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +881 (+19.2%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Fairburn:
- ANCHOR HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; COLLEGE PARK, GA)
- FAYETTE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; FAYETTEVILLE, GA)
- SOUTHWEST HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; ATLANTA, GA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fairburn:
- THE WILLIAM B HARTSFIELD ATLANTA INTL (about 13 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Abbreviation: ATL)
- DOBBINS AIR RESERVE BASE (about 24 miles; MARIETTA, GA; Abbreviation: MGE)
- RICHARD B RUSSELL (about 67 miles; ROME, GA; Abbreviation: RMG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fairburn:
- SOUTH FULTON (about 5 miles; PALMETTO, GA; Abbreviation: 8A9)
- PEACHTREE CITY-FALCON FIELD (about 15 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Abbreviation: FFC)
- FULTON COUNTY AIRPORT-BROWN FIELD (about 15 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Abbreviation: FTY)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fairburn:
- ATLANTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 16 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,207)
- CLARK ATLANTA UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Full-time enrollment: 4,652)
- MOREHOUSE COLLEGE (about 18 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,867)
- MORRIS BROWN COLLEGE (about 18 miles; Atlanta, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,708)
- CLAYTON COLLEGE AND STATE UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; MORROW, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,953)
- GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Full-time enrollment: 17,302)
- GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 20 miles; ATLANTA, GA; Full-time enrollment: 13,841)
Public high school in Fairburn:
- CREEKSIDE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,585; Location: 7405 HERNDON ROAD; Grades: 09 – 12)
Private high schools in Fairburn:
- LANDMARK CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 768; Location: 50 BROAD ST; Grades: KG – 12)
- ARLINGTON CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 424; Location: 4500 RIDGE ROAD; Grades: KG – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Fairburn:
- BEAR CREEK MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,309; Location: 7415 HERNDON ROAD; Grades: 06 – 08)
- E. C. WEST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 636; Location: 7040 RIVERTOWN ROAD; Grades: PK – 05)
- CAMPBELL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 568; Location: 91 ELDER STREET; Grades: PK – 05)
- VICTORY CHARTER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 463; Location: 9275 CEDAR GROVE ROAD; Grades: KG – 08)