According to bittranslators, Essex Fells, New Jersey is a borough located within Essex County. It is a small, affluent community of about 2,000 residents. The borough is located near the towns of Caldwell and Verona, and it is only 14 miles from Manhattan.
Essex Fells was originally inhabited by Native Americans until the mid-1700s when European settlers began arriving in the area. The first settler was Thomas Moore who purchased land from the Lenape Indians in 1702. In 1892, Essex Fells officially became a borough and many wealthy New Yorkers moved to this small town to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
Today, Essex Fells is known for its picturesque landscapes and natural beauty. The town features several large tracts of woodlands as well as rolling hills that provide spectacular views of the surrounding area. There are also four lakes within the borough; Lake Wanda, Crystal Lake, Cedar Lake and Roseland Lake which are popular destinations for fishing and boating activities.
The architecture in Essex Fells consists mainly of Tudor-style homes built during the early 20th century by wealthy families who wanted to get away from city life but still maintain their luxurious lifestyle. Many of these homes feature large windows that provide amazing views of the surrounding landscape as well as unique landscaping designs with colorful flowers and lush green lawns that make them stand out from other homes in the area.
According to deluxesurveillance, Essex Fells also has several recreational activities for residents to enjoy such as golf courses, tennis courts, playgrounds, hiking trails and parks with picnic areas where people can relax and enjoy nature’s beauty at its finest. There are also two private schools located within town limits; The Montclair Kimberly Academy (MKA) which serves grades K-12th grade students while Saint Cassian School offers preschool through 8th grade education services to students living in Essex County.
Overall, Essex Fells provides a peaceful atmosphere where residents can enjoy an upscale lifestyle without sacrificing their connection with nature or their ability to partake in recreational activities such as golfing or fishing that aren’t available in most urban areas. This small town offers an idyllic setting for those looking to escape city life while still having access to all modern amenities they need nearby thanks to its close proximity to Manhattan which is only 14 miles away from this charming little borough.
Population: 2,162. Estimated population in July 2020: 2,103 (-2.7% change)
Males: 1,064 (49.2%), Females: 1,098 (50.8%)
Median resident age: 40.3 years
Median household income: $148,173
Median house value: $584,100
Races in Essex Fells:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.9%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- Hispanic (1.2%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
Ancestries: Irish (31.9%), Italian (19.4%), German (16.1%), English (13.3%), Polish (6.8%), French (3.4%).
Elevation: 393 feet
Land area: 1.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Essex Fells
- High school or higher: 97.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 72.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 32.0%
- Unemployed: 1.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Essex Fells borough
- Never married: 17.2%
- Now married: 72.0%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 5.4%
- Divorced: 4.7%
7.3% Foreign born (4.0% Europe, 1.7% Asia, 1.2% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +8 (+0.4%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Essex Fells:
- KESSLER INSTITUTE FOR REHABILITATION (about 4 miles; WEST ORANGE, NJ)
- ST BARNABAS MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; LIVINGSTON, NJ)
- ESSEX COUNTY HOSPITAL CENTER (about 5 miles; CEDAR GROVE, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Essex Fells:
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 13 miles; NEWARK, NJ; Abbreviation: EWR)
- TETERBORO (about 17 miles; TETERBORO, NJ; Abbreviation: TEB)
- PORT AUTH-DWNTN-MANHATTAN/WALL ST (about 22 miles; NEW YORK, NY; Abbreviation: JRB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Essex Fells:
- ESSEX COUNTY (about 3 miles; CALDWELL, NJ; Abbreviation: CDW)
- LINCOLN PARK (about 8 miles; LINCOLN PARK, NJ; Abbreviation: N07)
- MORRISTOWN MUNI (about 9 miles; MORRISTOWN, NJ; Abbreviation: MMU)
Amtrak stations near Essex Fells:
- 11 miles: NEWARK (RAYMOND PLAZA WEST). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 11 miles: NEWARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (NEWARK, ). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones.
- 19 miles: METROPARK (ISELIN, 100 MIDDLESEX-ESSEX TPK.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, paid short-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Essex Fells:
- MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY (about 6 miles; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 10,226)
- SETON HALL UNIVERSITY (about 6 miles; SOUTH ORANGE, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 7,509)
- UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY OF NEW JERSEY (about 8 miles; NEWARK, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 4,134)
- WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY (about 9 miles; WAYNE, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 8,017)
- KEAN UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; UNION, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 8,627)
- PASSAIC COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; PATERSON, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 2,452)
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY-NEWARK (about 10 miles; NEWARK, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 6,878)
Public primary/middle school in Essex Fells:
- ESSEX FELLS (Students: 257; Location: 102 HAWTHORNE RD; Grades: PK – 06)