According to foodezine, Elizabeth, Colorado is a small town located in Elbert County in the state of Colorado. It is situated about 25 miles southeast of Denver and about 70 miles north of Colorado Springs.
The town’s population is just over 2,000 people, and it is known for its friendly atmosphere and rural lifestyle. The area was first settled by homesteaders in the late 1800s, and the town was officially incorporated in 1908.
According to fun-wiki, Elizabeth has a charming downtown area that features several shops, restaurants, and other businesses. There are two churches: one Catholic church with a Spanish-style architecture, and one Lutheran church with an old-fashioned look. There are also a few parks around town that offer great spots to relax or get some exercise.
The main attraction in Elizabeth is the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo held each summer at the historic rodeo grounds located on the outskirts of town. The event includes rodeo events such as bull riding, barrel racing, roping events, calf roping, team roping and more. The event also features music performances from local musicians as well as vendors selling food and other items.
The area surrounding Elizabeth has plenty to offer as well including fishing at nearby reservoirs such as Aurora Reservoir or Chatfield Reservoir; hiking trails at Castlewood Canyon State Park; horseback riding; camping; golfing; ATV trails; snowmobiling; skiing; snowshoeing; kayaking; rafting on Clear Creek or South Platte River; hot air balloon rides; rock climbing at Garden of the Gods or Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater near Denver; mountain biking trails at Rampart Range Motorized Recreation Area near Woodland Park or Barr Lake State Park near Brighton.
Elizabeth has something for everyone regardless of age or interests! It’s a great place to visit for outdoor activities like hiking, fishing or camping – but also offers plenty of shopping opportunities downtown as well as dining options ranging from Mexican to Italian cuisine. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure or just want to relax with some good food while taking in breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains – Elizabeth has it all.
Population: 1,434. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,513 (+5.5% change)
Males: 736 (51.3%), Females: 698 (48.7%)
Zip code: 80107
Median resident age: 29.6 years
Median household income: $49,596
Median house value: $145,600
Races in Elizabeth:
- White Non-Hispanic (91.9%)
- Hispanic (6.0%)
- Other race (3.5%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- American Indian (1.1%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (26.0%), Irish (16.2%), English (12.0%), United States (5.0%), Italian (4.8%), Swedish (4.3%).
Elevation: 6448 feet
Land area: 0.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Elizabeth
- High school or higher: 92.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 19.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.5%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Elizabeth town
- Never married: 29.5%
- Now married: 53.8%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 10.9%
2.9% Foreign born (1.5% Latin America, 0.6% Europe, 0.5% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: +565 (+65.0%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Elizabeth:
- SCCI HOSPITAL – AURORA (about 29 miles; AURORA, CO)
- MEDICAL CTR OF AURORA THE (about 30 miles; AURORA, CO)
- SPALDING REHABILITATION HOSP (about 30 miles; AURORA, CO)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Elizabeth:
- BUCKLEY AFB (about 26 miles; AURORA, CO; Abbreviation: BKF)
- DENVER INTL (about 34 miles; DENVER, CO; Abbreviation: DEN)
- CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS MUNI (about 40 miles; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Abbreviation: COS)
Other public-use airports nearest to Elizabeth:
- CENTENNIAL (about 22 miles; DENVER, CO; Abbreviation: APA)
- AURORA AIRPARK (about 25 miles; AURORA, CO; Abbreviation: 01V)
- MEADOW LAKE (about 30 miles; COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; Abbreviation: 00V)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Elizabeth:
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-COLORADO CAMPUS (about 25 miles; LONE TREE, CO; Full-time enrollment: 3,098)
- METROPOLITAN STATE COLLEGE OF DENVER (about 30 miles; DENVER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 12,938)
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT DENVER (about 30 miles; DENVER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 8,839)
- UNIVERSITY OF DENVER (about 30 miles; DENVER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 7,592)
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF DENVER (about 30 miles; DENVER, CO; Full-time enrollment: 3,352)
- ARAPAHOE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 30 miles; LITTLETON, CO; Full-time enrollment: 3,666)
- UNITED STATES AIR FORCE ACADEMY (about 30 miles; USAFA, CO; Full-time enrollment: 4,330)
Public high schools in Elizabeth:
- ELIZABETH HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 824; Location: 36500 COUNTY ROAD 13; Grades: 09 – 12)
- FRONTIER HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 52; Location: 589 SOUTH BANNER STREET; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Elizabeth:
- ELIZABETH MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 636; Location: 34427 COUNTY ROAD 13; Grades: 06 – 08)
- RUNNING CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 510; Location: 900 SOUTH ELBERT STREET; Grades: KG – 05)
- ELBERT COUNTY CHARTER SCHOOL (Students: 324; Location: 823 SOUTH BANNOCK STREET; Grades: KG – 08)
- ELIZABETH RUNNING CREEK PRESCHOOL (Students: 24; Location: 589 SOUTH BANNER STREET; Grades: PK – PK)