According to foodezine, Eagleville is a small, residential community located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The village has a population of approximately 2,400 inhabitants and is situated about 20 miles northwest of Philadelphia. The area was originally settled by German and Scots-Irish immigrants in the 17th century who, as early as 1717, established a Lutheran Church in Eagleville. Over the years, the town has grown and today it is home to several businesses and organizations.
The village of Eagleville is situated on a hilltop surrounded by trees and rolling hills. It has a small-town feel with an old-fashioned main street that features historic buildings like the Eagleville Hotel which was built in 1820. There are also some modern shopping centers along with restaurants and stores that cater to locals.
The local school district serves students from Kindergarten through 12th grade at both public and private institutions. The district also offers adult education courses for those looking to further their education or gain new skills. There is also an active library system that offers books, magazines, audio books, movies, computer classes and more for residents of all ages.
According to fun-wiki, Eagleville offers plenty of recreation opportunities for its residents as well. There are several parks including East Ridge Park which features activities such as tennis courts and walking trails; Valley Forge National Historical Park which offers hiking trails; and Wissahickon Creek Park which provides recreational activities like fishing or canoeing on its waters. Residents can also take advantage of nearby golf courses or visit one of the many local museums such as the Valley Forge Historical Museum or the Montgomery County Historical Society Museum to learn more about the area’s history and culture.
The community also hosts several annual events such as Eagleville Days in June which features carnival rides and food vendors; Eaglefest in September; Halloween Parade in October; Christmas Parade in December; Easter Egg Hunt in April; Memorial Day Parade in May; Fourth of July Fireworks Display at Eastridge Park; plus many other special events throughout the year that bring people together from all over Montgomery County to celebrate their shared heritage and enjoy each other’s company.
Eagleville is truly a unique place where its residents can thrive while being surrounded by nature’s beauty but still be close enough to Philadelphia for easy access to jobs, entertainment options, educational opportunities or medical care if needed. It’s no wonder why so many people choose this small town to call home.
Males: 2,824 (63.3%), Females: 1,634 (36.7%)
Median resident age: 35.3 years
Median household income: $56,500
Median house value: $150,500
Races in Eagleville:
- White Non-Hispanic (64.7%)
- Black (27.0%)
- Hispanic (4.1%)
- Other race (2.6%)
- Asian Indian (1.7%)
- Chinese (0.7%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (13.8%), Italian (13.5%), German (11.6%), English (6.3%), Polish (4.7%), United States (3.5%).
Land area: 1.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Eagleville
- High school or higher: 71.5%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 21.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.8%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Eagleville CDP
- Never married: 17.4%
- Now married: 70.5%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 6.6%
- Divorced: 4.1%
5.8% Foreign born (2.9% Asia, 1.7% Europe, 1.1% Africa).
Hospital/medical center in Eagleville:
- EAGLEVILLE HOSPITAL (100 EAGLEVILLE RD)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Eagleville:
- MERCY SUBURBAN HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; NORRISTOWN, PA)
- MONTGOMERY CO MH/MR EMERG SERV (about 6 miles; NORRISTOWN, PA)
- MONTGOMERY HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; NORRISTOWN, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Eagleville:
- PHILADELPHIA INTL (about 24 miles; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Abbreviation: PHL)
- LEHIGH VALLEY INTERNATIONAL (about 34 miles; ALLENTOWN, PA; Abbreviation: ABE)
- NEW CASTLE COUNTY (about 37 miles; WILMINGTON, DE; Abbreviation: ILG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Eagleville:
- VALLEY FORGE BICENTENNIAL (about 3 miles; NORRISTOWN, PA; Abbreviation: 0P0)
- PERKIOMEN VALLEY (about 4 miles; COLLEGEVILLE, PA; Abbreviation: N10)
- WINGS FIELD (about 12 miles; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Abbreviation: LOM)
Amtrak stations near Eagleville:
- 10 miles: PAOLI (LANCASTER PIKE & S. VALLEY RD.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 14 miles: ARDMORE (STATION RD. & LANCASTER AVE.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, paid short-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 18 miles: EXTON (CREST AVE. OFF RTE. 100). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, paid short-term parking, call for car rental service, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Eagleville:
- EASTERN COLLEGE (about 7 miles; ST DAVIDS, PA; Full-time enrollment: 2,456)
- MONTGOMERY COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; BLUE BELL, PA; Full-time enrollment: 5,097)
- VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; VILLANOVA, PA; Full-time enrollment: 8,547)
- IMMACULATA COLLEGE (about 14 miles; IMMACULATA, PA; Full-time enrollment: 2,042)
- DELAWARE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; MEDIA, PA; Full-time enrollment: 5,248)
- BEAVER COLLEGE (about 18 miles; GLENSIDE, PA; Full-time enrollment: 2,016)
- SAINT JOSEPHS UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Full-time enrollment: 5,115)
Public primary/middle school in Eagleville:
- EAGLEVILLE EL SCH (Students: 422; Grades: KG – 05)
Library in Eagleville:
- LOWER PROVIDENCE COM LIBRARY (Operating income: $407,777; Location: 50 PARKLANE DR; 37,323 books; 1,407 audio materials; 1,294 video materials; 95 serial subscriptions)