According to Topbbacolleges, Dundee, Oregon is a small town of approximately 3,000 people located in the heart of the Willamette Valley. The town is situated between Newberg and McMinnville, making it an ideal location for those looking to enjoy the best of both worlds.
Dundee has a rich history dating back to 1874 when it was first settled by Scottish immigrants who named it after their hometown in Scotland. It quickly became known as the “Burgundy Capital of America” due to its abundance of vineyards and wineries. The area has since become renowned for its excellent Pinot Noir wines and is home to some of the top wineries in Oregon, including Stoller Family Estate, Archery Summit Winery, Ponzi Vineyards, and Sokol Blosser Winery.
According to Whicheverhealth, Dundee’s downtown area is filled with quaint shops and restaurants that provide visitors with a unique shopping experience. Local favorites include Dundee Bistro for its classic French cuisine and Adelsheim Vineyard for its award-winning wines. The historic Old Town Hall building serves as a reminder of Dundee’s past with its brick facade and old-fashioned charm.
The town also boasts several parks including Dundee City Park which features a playground, picnic areas, walking trails, tennis courts, basketball courts, horseshoe pits and more. The nearby Highway 18 Recreation Area offers camping on the banks of the Willamette River where visitors can enjoy fishing or boating on warm summer days.
In addition to its natural beauty and recreational activities, Dundee has several annual festivals that attract visitors from all over Oregon including the Dundee Hills Wine Festival in August which features live music and wine tastings from local wineries as well as food vendors; the Harvest Festival in October which celebrates local harvest season with activities such as hayrides; and Christmas in Downtown Dundee which includes caroling performances throughout December.
Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure or simply want to relax at one of its many wineries or parks – Dundee offers something for everyone! With its small-town charm mixed with modern amenities – this charming little town is sure to make you feel right at home.
Population: 2,598. Estimated population in July 2020: 2,977 (+14.6% change)
Males: 1,290 (49.7%), Females: 1,308 (50.3%)
Zip code: 97115
Median resident age: 34.1 years
Median household income: $50,284
Median house value: $158,300
Races in Dundee:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.8%)
- Hispanic (7.5%)
- Other race (3.3%)
- American Indian (2.2%)
- Two or more races (2.1%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (23.6%), English (14.2%), Irish (13.9%), United States (10.0%), French (4.3%), Norwegian (4.2%).
Elevation: 190 feet
Land area: 1.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Dundee
- High school or higher: 88.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 32.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.0%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dundee city
- Never married: 18.4%
- Now married: 66.2%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 4.3%
- Divorced: 10.3%
4.5% Foreign born (2.6% Latin America, 0.8% Europe, 0.7% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +918 (+54.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Dundee:
- PROVIDENCE NEWBERG HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; NEWBERG, OR)
- WILLAMETTE VALLEY MEDICAL CTR (about 15 miles; MCMINNVILLE, OR)
- TUALITY HEALTHCARE (about 16 miles; HILLSBORO, OR)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Dundee:
- MC MINNVILLE MUNI (about 11 miles; MC MINNVILLE, OR; Abbreviation: MMV)
- MCNARY FLD (about 26 miles; SALEM, OR; Abbreviation: SLE)
- PORTLAND INTL (about 37 miles; PORTLAND, OR; Abbreviation: PDX)
Other public-use airports nearest to Dundee:
- CHEHALEM AIRPARK (about 4 miles; NEWBERG, OR; Abbreviation: 17S)
- SPORTSMAN AIRPARK (about 5 miles; NEWBERG, OR; Abbreviation: 2S6)
- STARK’S TWIN OAKS AIRPARK (about 12 miles; HILLSBORO, OR; Abbreviation: 7S3)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dundee:
- GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY (about 4 miles; NEWBERG, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,032)
- CHEMEKETA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; SALEM, OR; Full-time enrollment: 5,253)
- WILLAMETTE UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; SALEM, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,325)
- LEWIS AND CLARK COLLEGE (about 25 miles; PORTLAND, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,795)
- PORTLAND STATE UNIVERSITY (about 26 miles; PORTLAND, OR; Full-time enrollment: 13,255)
- UNIVERSITY OF PORTLAND (about 29 miles; PORTLAND, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,683)
- CLACKAMAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 30 miles; OREGON CITY, OR; Full-time enrollment: 3,446)
Public primary/middle school in Dundee:
- DUNDEE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 364; Location: 140 SW 5TH; Grades: KG – 05)