Dixfield, Maine Population, Schools and Landmarks

According to whicheverhealth, Dixfield, Maine is a small town located in Oxford County and bordered by several other cities and towns. To the north, Dixfield is bordered by East Dixfield, a small unincorporated community with a population of around 400 people. To the east lies Rumford, the largest town in Oxford County and home to numerous restaurants, shops, and other attractions. Further south is Mexico which features White Mountain National Forest as well as many outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy.

To the west of Dixfield lies Weld, a peaceful town known for its historic sites such as Fort Knox State Historic Site and Weld Historical Society Museum. Further west is Canton which offers local museums such as The Donnell House Museum and The Maine Science Museum as well as plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities at places such as Sunday River Ski Resort and Grafton Notch State Park.

Dixfield is surrounded by several charming towns that offer visitors plenty of things to do and see. From outdoor recreation to historical sites or simply exploring some of the unique local shops and restaurants each town has to offer, there’s something for everyone in this area.

Population of Dixfield, Maine

According to fashionissupreme, Dixfield, Maine is a small town located in Oxford County with a population of approximately 3,000 people. The town is mostly comprised of white residents, making up around 90% of the population. The remaining 10% is made up of African American, Asian, Hispanic/Latino, and Native American residents.

The median age in Dixfield is 44 years old and the majority of the population (43%) are between 35-64 years old. About 33% of the population are between 25-34 years old and 21% are below 24 years old. The median household income in Dixfield is $45,000 and around 10% of households make over $100,000 annually.

The largest employers in Dixfield are the Rumford Hospital with 440 employees followed by Wal-Mart with 300 employees and then SAD 43 with 290 employees. Other major employers include Oxford Casino with 275 employees and NewPage Corporation with 200 employees.

Dixfield is a small town with a diverse population that offers plenty of job opportunities to its residents as well as plenty of outdoor recreation activities for visitors to enjoy.

Dixfield, Maine

Schools and education of Dixfield, Maine

Dixfield, Maine is served by SAD 43, which includes the towns of Dixfield, Canton, Carthage, Peru and Sumner. The district offers an education to over 1,000 students in grades PreK-12.

The district has two elementary schools; Dixfield Elementary School which serves students in PreK-4 and Dirigo Elementary School which serves students in grades 5-8. The only high school in the district is Dirigo High School which educates students in grades 9-12.

The district also offers a range of alternative education options such as the Dirigo Virtual Academy, a program designed to provide online learning opportunities for K-12 students who are unable to attend traditional classes due to health issues or other circumstances.

In addition to traditional academic courses, Dirigo High School also offers a variety of extracurricular activities including sports teams such as baseball, basketball and soccer as well as clubs and organizations such as National Honor Society and Student Council.

SAD 43 provides a quality education for its students through its dedicated faculty and staff members as well as its diverse programs and extracurricular activities.

Landmarks in Dixfield, Maine

Dixfield, Maine is home to a number of beautiful landmarks that make it an attractive place to visit and live. The most prominent landmark in Dixfield is the Rumford Point Lighthouse which was built in 1891 and towers over the Androscoggin River. The lighthouse is open to visitors during the summer months and offers spectacular views of the surrounding area.

Another popular landmark in Dixfield is the historic Dixfield Congregational Church which was built in 1868 and is one of the oldest churches in Maine. The church features stunning Gothic architecture with its towering steeple and stained glass windows. It also hosts regular services as well as special events throughout the year such as weddings and concerts.

The nearby Webb Memorial Park is another popular destination for visitors to Dixfield. It features walking trails, picnic areas, playgrounds, sports fields, and a tranquil pond that’s perfect for fishing or canoeing.

No trip to Dixfield would be complete without visiting Rumford Falls which is located just outside of town. The falls feature a 60-foot cascading waterfall that’s surrounded by lush greenery and offers a peaceful atmosphere for visitors to enjoy.

Dixfield has plenty of landmarks that are sure to please both locals and visitors alike.