According to IAMACCEPTED, Davidson, Oklahoma is a small town located in the southern part of the state. It is situated along the Red River in Marshall County and has a population of just over 300 people. The town was founded in 1901 and named after its founder, J.F. Davidson.
The town has maintained its rural charm throughout its history and remains an unincorporated community to this day. Most of the businesses in Davidson are family-owned, including a local grocery store, gas station, and post office. There are also several churches in town, including First Baptist Church and First United Methodist Church—both of which have been around since the early 1900s.
The main attraction of Davidson is its beautiful scenery—the area is home to several rivers, lakes, creeks, and streams that provide plenty of opportunities for fishing or simply enjoying nature’s beauty. There are also numerous hiking trails that wind through the woods surrounding the town for those who love to explore outdoors. The nearby towns of Tishomingo and Kingston offer additional entertainment options such as antique stores and restaurants for visitors to enjoy as well.
According to Ezinesports, the people of Davidson are proud to be from such a small community that has been able to stay true to its roots despite being so close to larger cities like Oklahoma City and Tulsa. The locals take great pride in their hometown’s history and make sure they keep traditions alive by attending events like the annual Fourth of July celebration held each year at Horseshoe Bend Park or by participating in activities such as square dancing at one of the local churches on Saturday nights throughout summer months.
Overall, Davidson is an excellent place to visit if you want a taste of small-town America with all its charm intact! From fishing spots along nearby rivers to quaint shops where locals gather for conversations over coffee—there’s something special about this little corner of Oklahoma that makes it worth visiting time again.
Population: 375. Estimated population in July 2020: 345 (-8.0% change)
Males: 190 (50.7%), Females: 185 (49.3%)
Zip code: 73530
Median resident age: 37.1 years
Median household income: $25,000
Median house value: $19,300
Races in Davidson:
- White Non-Hispanic (63.5%)
- Hispanic (31.2%)
- Other race (17.1%)
- American Indian (4.5%)
- Two or more races (3.2%)
- Black (1.3%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: Irish (5.9%), United States (5.1%), English (2.4%), German (1.1%).
Elevation: 1155 feet
Land area: 0.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Davidson
- High school or higher: 59.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 4.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.6%
- Unemployed: 19.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 47.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Davidson town
- Never married: 19.9%
- Now married: 51.7%
- Separated: 0.3%
- Widowed: 16.6%
- Divorced: 11.6%
2.4% Foreign born (1.9% Latin America, 0.5% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: -83 (-18.1%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Davidson:
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL & PHYSICIAN (about 14 miles; FREDERICK, OK)
- WILBARGER GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; VERNON, TX)
- ELECTRA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; ELECTRA, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Davidson:
- ALTUS AFB (about 31 miles; ALTUS, OK; Abbreviation: LTS)
- SHEPPARD AFB/WICHITA FALLS MUNI (about 45 miles; WICHITA FALLS, TX; Abbreviation: SPS)
- LAWTON-FORT SILL REGIONAL (about 52 miles; LAWTON, OK; Abbreviation: LAW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Davidson:
- FREDERICK MUNI (about 10 miles; FREDERICK, OK; Abbreviation: FDR)
- WILBARGER COUNTY (about 15 miles; VERNON, TX; Abbreviation: F05)
- TIPTON MUNI (about 16 miles; TIPTON, OK; Abbreviation: 1O8)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Davidson:
- MIDWESTERN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 46 miles; WICHITA FALLS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,619)
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY (about 50 miles; LAWTON, OK; Full-time enrollment: 3,529)
- SOUTHWESTERN OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 92 miles; WEATHERFORD, OK; Full-time enrollment: 4,360)
- HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY (about 130 miles; Abilene, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,026)
- ABILENE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY (about 130 miles; ABILENE, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,380)
- UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA NORMAN CAMPUS (about 132 miles; NORMAN, OK; Full-time enrollment: 20,154)
- OKLAHOMA CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 132 miles; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Full-time enrollment: 5,220)
Public high school in Davidson:
- DAVIDSON HS (Students: 35; Location: 500 SOUTH MAIN; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Davidson:
- DAVIDSON ES (Students: 91; Location: 500 SOUTH MAIN; Grades: PK – 08)