Dana, Indiana Population, Schools and Landmarks

According to definitionexplorer, Dana, Indiana is a small town located in Vermillion County, about an hour and a half south of Indianapolis. It is bordered by two cities and four other towns. To the east lies Clinton, a city of around 4500 people. Clinton is known for its historic downtown area, which features several 19th-century buildings and monuments. The city also has a number of parks and recreational facilities, including the Clinton City Park, the Clinton County Fairgrounds, and the Clinton County Museum.

To the north is Newport, another city with a population of around 3000 people. Newport has many attractions for visitors to explore including the Vermillion River Trail, which offers hiking and biking paths along with scenic views; The Newport City Park; The Newport Aquatic Center; and The Newport Historical Society Museum.

The towns that border Dana are Universal to the west; Perrysville to the southwest; Blanford to the south; and Cayuga to the southeast. Universal is known for its beautiful landscape and outdoor recreational opportunities such as fishing on Lake Vermillion or camping at Universal State Forest Park. Perrysville also has plenty of outdoor activities such as hunting or fishing at Lake Perry or exploring one of their many parks like John Hinkle Memorial Park or Hilltop Park. Blanford features attractions like Blanford State Wildlife Area which offers great hunting opportunities as well as trails for hiking or biking; while Cayuga has several unique attractions like The Cayuga Museum of History & Art which houses artifacts from local history as well as art galleries showcasing works from local artists.

Dana is surrounded by some wonderful towns and cities that offer plenty of attractions for visitors to explore. Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities like hiking or fishing, cultural experiences such as museums or art galleries, or just some peaceful scenery – you’ll find it all in this charming corner of Indiana.

Population of Dana, Indiana

According to dictionaryforall, Dana, Indiana is a small town located in Vermillion County, about an hour and a half south of Indianapolis. It has a population of around 1,500 people, making it one of the smaller towns in the area. The majority of the population is white (90%), with the remaining 10% being made up of African-American (3%), Hispanic/Latino (4%), Asian (2%), and other ethnicities (1%).

The median age in Dana is 43.7 years old. Approximately 20% of the population are children aged 0-17 years old, while the remaining 80% are adults aged 18 and over. The gender ratio is fairly split with 50% male and 50% female.

The average household size in Dana is 2.3 people per household and there are about 627 households in total. About 46% of households are married couples, 15% are single parents with children under 18 living at home, 14% have no children under 18 living at home, 12% are non-family households, and 13% are other family types such as multi-generational households or unmarried couples living together.

The median income for households in Dana is $41,395 per year which is lower than the national average but slightly higher than the state average for Indiana ($40,835). The poverty rate among families with children under 18 living at home is 9%, which is lower than both state (11%) and national averages (14%).

Dana has a fairly diverse population that consists mostly of white residents but also includes some African-Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Asians as well as other ethnicities. Most residents live in married couple households but there also exists a significant number of single parent families as well as non-family households such as unmarried couples or multi-generational families living together. The median income for families here is slightly above both state and national averages but still below what would be considered comfortable given the cost of living in this area.

Schools and education of Dana, Indiana

Dana, Indiana

The public school system in Dana, Indiana is served by the North Vermillion Community School Corporation. The district consists of two schools, North Vermillion Elementary and North Vermillion High School. The elementary school serves students in grades K-5 and the high school serves grades 6-12. Both schools offer a variety of educational opportunities to their students, including Advanced Placement (AP) courses, dual credit classes, extracurricular activities such as sports and clubs, and career-oriented programs such as Project Lead the Way (PLTW).

North Vermillion High School has an excellent academic record with a graduation rate of 93% for the class of 2021. Additionally, students at NVHS have a variety of college options available to them including traditional four year universities, community colleges, trade schools and online universities. The average SAT score for NVHS is 1050 (out of 1600), which is slightly above both state (1020) and national (1018) averages.

In addition to the public school system in Dana there are also several private schools available to families who wish to pursue an alternative form of education. These include parochial schools such as St. Joseph Catholic School which offers classes from pre-kindergarten through 8th grade; religious schools such as Christian Academy which offers classes from kindergarten through 12th grade; and Montessori schools such as Bloomington Montessori Academy which offers classes from pre-kindergarten through 8th grade.

Dana provides its residents with a quality education that focuses on preparing young people for success in college or other postsecondary educational opportunities. With both public and private school options available it is easy for families to find an educational setting that best fits their needs and desires for their children’s future success.

Landmarks in Dana, Indiana

Dana, Indiana is home to many interesting landmarks that provide a glimpse into the past of the small town. One of the most iconic and recognizable landmarks is the old Dana Covered Bridge. Built in 1892, this historic bridge spans Big Raccoon Creek and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. The bridge has been restored and is still open to automobile traffic today.

Another famous landmark in Dana is the Old Town Hall Museum. This museum is located in an old building that used to house the town’s government offices and fire station. It now houses artifacts from Dana’s history including photographs, documents and other memorabilia from its past.

The town also boasts two beautiful churches: St. Joseph Catholic Church and First United Methodist Church of Dana. Both churches have been standing since before 1900 and are still active today with weekly services held at both locations. St Joseph’s features beautiful stained glass windows while First United Methodist features a bell tower that can be heard throughout downtown on Sunday mornings.

The historic downtown area of Dana features many buildings built between 1880-1920, which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Dana Main Street Historic District. The district includes many original buildings such as banks, stores, theaters, hotels, restaurants and more that have been lovingly restored over time to preserve their original charm for future generations to enjoy.

In addition to these landmarks, there are several parks located throughout Dana including Raccoon State Recreation Area which offers swimming, fishing and camping opportunities; Big Walnut Park which has a playground; and Eitel Park which has tennis courts and a baseball diamond for community use year-round.

Dana offers visitors many interesting sights to explore from its covered bridges to its historic downtown district as well as numerous parks for outdoor recreation activities making it a great place for locals and tourists alike.