According to bittranslators, Coxsackie, New York is a small village located along the Hudson River in Greene County. It was first settled in 1715 by Dutch settlers and is named after the Coxsackie Native American tribe. The village has a population of just over 3,000 people and is known for its historic buildings and charming atmosphere.
The village of Coxsackie is nestled between the foothills of the Catskill Mountains and the banks of the Hudson River. The river provides an abundance of recreational activities such as fishing, kayaking, and swimming. There are also plenty of hiking trails that provide stunning views of nature. The village itself is comprised mainly of small businesses such as restaurants, bakeries, antique shops, and art galleries.
The main street through town is lined with historical 19th century buildings constructed from red brick or local stone that make for a picturesque setting. One notable building is the Old Dutch Church which dates back to 1736 and still stands today as a reminder of Coxsackie’s rich history. Every year in June, the village hosts an annual festival called “Coxsackie Days” which features live music performances from local bands, craft vendors selling handmade items, food trucks offering delicious treats, and much more!
For those looking to explore nature further beyond town limits there are several state parks nearby such as Minnewaska State Park Preserve which offers breathtaking views from atop its cliffs or nearby Windham Mountain Ski Center which offers skiing during winter months along with many other outdoor activities throughout all seasons.
According to deluxesurveillance, Coxsackie may be a small village but it still offers plenty to do for visitors and locals alike! Whether you’re looking to take in some history or get out into nature there’s something here for everyone to enjoy.
Population: 8,884. Estimated population in July 2020: 9,032 (+1.7% change)
Males: 5,777 (65.0%), Females: 3,107 (35.0%)
Zip code: 12051
Median resident age: 30.1 years
Median household income: $37,830
Median house value: $94,900
Races in Coxsackie:
- White Non-Hispanic (68.1%)
- Black (20.3%)
- Hispanic (11.2%)
- Other race (5.9%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: Irish (14.9%), German (13.7%), Italian (12.7%), United States (7.8%), English (5.8%), Dutch (3.5%).
Land area: 2.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Coxsackie
- High school or higher: 69.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 12.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 6.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Coxsackie town
- Never married: 46.8%
- Now married: 39.5%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 5.6%
- Divorced: 5.9%
6.8% Foreign born (3.7% Latin America, 2.2% Europe).
Hospitals/medical centers near Coxsackie:
- COLUMBIA GREENE MEDICAL CENTER INC (about 12 miles; CATSKILL, NY)
- ALBANY MEDICAL CENTER (about 21 miles; ALBANY, NY)
- ALBANY MEDICAL CENTER (about 21 miles; ALBANY, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Coxsackie:
- ALBANY INTL (about 27 miles; ALBANY, NY; Abbreviation: ALB)
- DUTCHESS COUNTY (about 51 miles; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Abbreviation: POU)
- STEWART INT’L (about 63 miles; NEWBURGH, NY; Abbreviation: SWF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Coxsackie:
- COLUMBIA COUNTY (about 9 miles; HUDSON, NY; Abbreviation: 1B1)
- KLINE KILL (about 12 miles; GHENT, NY; Abbreviation: NY1)
- SOUTH ALBANY (about 14 miles; SOUTH BETHLEHEM, NY; Abbreviation: 4B0)
Amtrak station near Coxsackie:
- 7 miles: HUDSON (69 S. FRONT ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Coxsackie:
- EXCELSIOR COLLEGE (about 23 miles; ALBANY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 7,096)
- THE COLLEGE OF SAINT ROSE (about 23 miles; ALBANY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,116)
- SUNY AT ALBANY (about 24 miles; ALBANY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 14,168)
- SIENA COLLEGE (about 25 miles; LOUDONVILLE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,001)
- RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (about 28 miles; TROY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 7,150)
- HUDSON VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 28 miles; TROY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,337)
- UNION COLLEGE (about 34 miles; SCHENECTADY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,315)
Public high school in Coxsackie:
- COXSACKIE-ATHENS HS (Students: 468; Location: 24 SUNSET BLVD; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Coxsackie:
- GREENE CORR FACIL (Students: 715; Location: COUNTY RT 9; Grades: UG – UG)
- COXSACKIE-ATHENS MS (Students: 521; Location: 24 SUNSET BLVD; Grades: 05 – 08)
- COXSACKIE ES (Students: 338; Location: 24 SUNSET BLVD; Grades: KG – 04)
- COXSACKIE CORR FACIL – SCARBOROUGH S (Students: 184; Location: RT 9W; Grades: UG – UG)
Library in Coxsackie:
- HEERMANCE MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $137,259; Location: 1 ELY STREET; 17,603 books; 360 audio materials; 591 video materials; 20 serial subscriptions)