According to watchtutorials, Collierville, Tennessee is a town of approximately 50,000 people located in the greater Memphis metropolitan area. The town has a rich history, with its roots dating back to the early 1800s when the first settlers began arriving from North Carolina and Virginia. Since then, the town has grown into an affluent suburb with a vibrant community and plenty of opportunities for entertainment and recreation.
The downtown district of Collierville is home to many historical buildings dating as far back as the mid-19th century. The Town Square features numerous shops, restaurants, and other attractions such as a weekly farmers market. The Historic US Post Office is also worth visiting with its unique architecture and original artworks displayed inside.
The town also offers plenty of recreational activities for all ages. There are several parks throughout Collierville including Shelby Farms Park which offers miles of walking trails and an outdoor pool. Additionally, there are several golf courses in the area for those who enjoy playing golf or just being outdoors.
Collierville is also home to many cultural attractions such as galleries and museums like the Pink Palace Museum which features interactive exhibits about local history and culture. Additionally, there are several performing arts venues in town including Playhouse on the Square which hosts Broadway-style shows throughout the year.
According to IAMACCEPTED, education is highly regarded in Collierville with excellent public schools available throughout the area including Collierville High School which is consistently ranked among the top high schools in Tennessee. The University of Memphis also has a campus located nearby offering students access to higher education opportunities close to home.
Overall, Collierville is a great place to live with its ideal location near Memphis providing easy access to all that city has to offer while still holding onto its small-town charm and sense of community pride that makes it so special. With its variety of attractions ranging from historic landmarks to recreational activities and educational opportunities, Collierville truly has something for everyone.
Population: 31,872. Estimated population in July 2020: 37,564 (+17.9% change)
Males: 15,741 (49.4%), Females: 16,131 (50.6%)
Zip codes: 38017.
Median resident age: 35.2 years
Median household income: $80,575
Median house value: $190,400
Races in Collierville:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.9%)
- Black (7.3%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
Ancestries: United States (14.4%), English (14.2%), German (12.9%), Irish (12.3%), Italian (4.6%), Scotch-Irish (3.5%).
Elevation: 387 feet
Land area: 24.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Collierville
- High school or higher: 93.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 41.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.4%
- Unemployed: 2.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Collierville town
- Never married: 19.1%
- Now married: 71.2%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 3.2%
- Divorced: 5.7%
2.8% Foreign born (1.1% Asia, 0.5% Europe, 0.5% Latin America, 0.4% North America, 0.3% Africa).
Population change in the 1990s: +17,100 (+115.8%).
Hospital/medical center in Collierville:
- BAPTIST MEMORIAL HOSPITAL-COLLIERVILLE (1500 WEST POPLAR AVENUE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Collierville:
- BAPTIST REHABILITATION GERMANTOWN (about 9 miles; GERMANTOWN, TN)
- SELECT SPECIALTY HOSPITAL MEMPHIS (about 12 miles; MEMPHIS, TN)
- ST FRANCIS HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; MEMPHIS, TN)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Collierville:
- MEMPHIS INTL (about 20 miles; MEMPHIS, TN; Abbreviation: MEM)
- MILLINGTON MUNI (about 24 miles; MILLINGTON, TN; Abbreviation: NQA)
- UNIVERSITY-OXFORD (about 48 miles; OXFORD, MS; Abbreviation: UOX)
Other public-use airports nearest to Collierville:
- WOLF RIVER (about 9 miles; ROSSVILLE, TN; Abbreviation: 54M)
- OLIVE BRANCH (about 10 miles; OLIVE BRANCH, MS; Abbreviation: OLV)
- HOLLY SPRINGS-MARSHALL COUNTY (about 21 miles; HOLLY SPRINGS, MS; Abbreviation: M41)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Collierville:
- SOUTHWEST TENNESSEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE-MACON CAMPUS (about 16 miles; MEMPHIS, TN; Full-time enrollment: 6,979)
- UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS (about 23 miles; MEMPHIS, TN; Full-time enrollment: 15,831)
- SOUTHWEST TENNESSEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE-UNION CAMPUS (about 23 miles; MEMPHIS, TN; Full-time enrollment: 6,979)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER (about 23 miles; MEMPHIS, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,019)
- NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 36 miles; SENATOBIA, MS; Full-time enrollment: 3,842)
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI MAIN CAMPUS (about 49 miles; UNIVERSITY, MS; Full-time enrollment: 11,068)
- JACKSON STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 71 miles; JACKSON, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,534)
Public high school in Collierville:
- COLLIERVILLE HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 2,101; Location: 1101 N BYHALIA RD; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Collierville:
- CROSSWIND ELEMENTARY (Students: 1,008; Location: 831 WEST SHELTON RD; Grades: KG – 05)
- TARA OAKS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 1,006; Location: 600 HARPERS FERRY RD; Grades: KG – 05)
- SCHILLING FARMS MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 978; Location: 935 SOUTH COLBERT ST; Grades: 06 – 08)
- COLLIERVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 975; Location: 146 COLLEGE ST; Grades: 06 – 08)
- COLLIERVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 853; Location: 590 PETERSON LAKE RD; Grades: KG – 05)
- SYCAMORE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 697; Location: 1155 SYCAMORE RD; Grades: KG – 05)